Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

5 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Unbelievable the target was to get top 4 and people still complaining. 

Good job Sarri. 

However I do expect that we improve next season. 

Because there is nothing significant that Sarri improved. We only difference now is that we play more passes, but it clearly is not effective. We will only get worse after Hazard leaves us. Sarri jsut makes too many mistakes and he will be gone next season, no way we reach Top 4 without Hazard and with the transfer ban upheld

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

A manager who wants to keep Kovacic and Higuain shouldn't be trusted at all. 

Kovacic will be in the Hazard deal. Definitely. 

Higuain has disappointed but there has been times where hes shown his experience, sort of movement which youd expect for someone whos had the career hes had but hes been very very shite at holding the ball up at times and has not looked matchfit in most games for us. He also hasnt been ruthless enough with some chances. Can think of an amount of chances he would of scored prior in his career.

I dont know where we go from here regarding a CF though, with the ban in place and even Giroud possibly leaving... its slim pickings from what we have on the books so I would imagine if the club has got the chance to get Higuain back again (rumours theres a season loan extention clause or buy out option but no idea what the ban will do in regards to that but surely the club expected it and put some sort of work around in) they will probably go for it. Unless Morata comes back maybe? Unfortunately or fortunately however that works out.

I do think if he shed a bit of weight it would make a difference but hes at an age now where maybe hes not at his best but even if he were able to score between 12-17 goals a season, it would make a difference and I dont think he has forgotten how to score but his physical condition since arriving has been poor. I must admit I expected him to be in slightly better shape. Hes never been rapid but an extra yard of pace would make a massive difference.

I dont think Tammy will be anything other than a back up here either. Thats if he even comes back and doesnt go back on loan.

It will be a strange summer if the ban stays in place. Mount has been mentioned and talks of him getting a visa for our pre season trip to Japan I think it is. Reece James also back after his season at Wigan so theres 2 who could be fixtures of the 25 man squad next year. Tammy maybe? 

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

Remains to be seen. Have seen nothing so far on Kovacic being included in the Hazard deal. We appear to want outright fee for him. 

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

Remains to be seen. Have seen nothing so far on Kovacic being included in the Hazard deal. We appear to want outright fee for him. 

Think Marca were reporting it and four four two mentioned it. Maybe not in the one deal but think the idea is Kova being sold to us for however much would ultimately lower Edens price by a bit. Seen something that we were demanding 140m€ and Real want to pay just over 100m. 

3 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

My brother is a gooner and he cant fathom how we got third. Arsenal utterly blew it in the last second. Just 1 more win for arsenal and a Draw for spuds and we would be out. We have been dealt a huge gift imo......we must build on this, there are no other ways.

This logic doesn't work though. We have been robbed of games too, penalty and goal against Saints at home, Leicester at home, west ham away, burnley at home, today against Leicester, Bournemouth and Everton away if we score in the 1sf half both games finish differently we played some of our best stuff those games. We have also hit the wood work 24 times. Don't get me wrong we have been bad but so have Arsenal and Spurs too, the league position doesn't lie imo. We are slightly above Spurs and Arsenal but have a huge gap between us and Liverpool and city

34 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Higuain has disappointed but there has been times where hes shown his experience, sort of movement which youd expect for someone whos had the career hes had but hes been very very shite at holding the ball up at times and has not looked matchfit in most games for us. He also hasnt been ruthless enough with some chances. Can think of an amount of chances he would of scored prior in his career.

I dont know where we go from here regarding a CF though, with the ban in place and even Giroud possibly leaving... its slim pickings from what we have on the books so I would imagine if the club has got the chance to get Higuain back again (rumours theres a season loan extention clause or buy out option but no idea what the ban will do in regards to that but surely the club expected it and put some sort of work around in) they will probably go for it. Unless Morata comes back maybe? Unfortunately or fortunately however that works out.

I do think if he shed a bit of weight it would make a difference but hes at an age now where maybe hes not at his best but even if he were able to score between 12-17 goals a season, it would make a difference and I dont think he has forgotten how to score but his physical condition since arriving has been poor. I must admit I expected him to be in slightly better shape. Hes never been rapid but an extra yard of pace would make a massive difference.

I dont think Tammy will be anything other than a back up here either. Thats if he even comes back and doesnt go back on loan.

It will be a strange summer if the ban stays in place. Mount has been mentioned and talks of him getting a visa for our pre season trip to Japan I think it is. Reece James also back after his season at Wigan so theres 2 who could be fixtures of the 25 man squad next year. Tammy maybe? 

Bring back Morata, with hazard gone we might actually play to his strengths 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Regardless, we should be aiming better than settling for Kovacic to be included in the deal. Rather take that extra money and go look elsewhere for someone who will contribute more!

I agree if Madrid don't meet our valuation keep him ffs, he is worth up to 50 million in champ league money for us. So why let him go on the cheap, I don't mind him going it just has to be at the right price

4 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

I agree if Madrid don't meet our valuation keep him ffs, he is worth up to 50 million in champ league money for us. So why let him go on the cheap, I don't mind him going it just has to be at the right price

Guess both clubs will agree on a fee at some point this summer BUT in the event that they do not, then I do wonder what will Hazard do...run down his contract? 

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Guess both clubs will agree on a fee at some point this summer BUT in the event that they do not, then I do wonder what will Hazard do...run down his contract? 

To be fair I don't mind if he leaves next season he would be 29/30 and probably better off letting him go anyway. Let's all be honest his carried us but hazard has slowly declined the last year. He looks a bit off the pace, no longer can easily go past people like before. If we were a better run club it might have been an actual good time to cash in on him 

7 hours ago, Pizy said:

Thing is, if we're able to sign players this summer there's a chance we can take a massive leap in quality. Just 3 signings in a few key areas and we're a different animal. That's what I'm holding out hope for.

If his rumored move to Real Madrid isn't done yet, we should be going all out trying to make Luka Jovic our next #9. That would immedietly elevate us a level. Add a new top class wide player and top class fullback and we can compete with City and Liverpool. 

Worst case scenario without the transfers. 

Kennedy, Reece, Mount, Tammy, Pulisic coming in for Alonso, Azpi, Kovacic, Higuain and Hazard should be able to slightly improve our overall play if not the results. Only hope that Sarri is bold enough to make wholesale changes

16 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

BUT we are likely going to buy Kovacic and Higuain if Sarri will have a word.

In that case we are fucked. Simply as. Im all for optimism, but in that case we are definately fucked.

If we renew Higs loan (for TWENTY-NINE MILLION QUID IN FEES AND SALARY I might add), I predict Sarri will be sacked before xmas.

Thank fuck we cannot buy Kovacic. Also, if Alonso is played regularly, you can move the Sacking of Sarri up even sooner.

If those 3 formed a jazz band, it would be called the Tits On A Bull Trio, as that is what they are as useful as.

I NEVER want to see any if them on the pitch for us again. They can go play for newly relegated Ipswich Town in League Two.

Zappacosta looked like Cafu compared to Alonso and a club-footed dwarf would have scored that sitter Higs missed. As for Kovacic, he is the electric car of MFers, as he leaves zero trace he was even on the pitch.

32 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Being 3rd means fuck all. Its one of the most deceiving things you can point out in a very long time.

We are 3rd ONLY because other teams were so shit in the final run. With out form, we should be 6th. Thats our reality.

In the last 15! matches that United, Spuds and Arse have played, there were only 2 wins. 2 bloody wins, coupled with 4 draws and bunch of loses. 

Its a fucking miracle that we ended 3rd. 

Dont get me wrong, I love that we somehow ended up there and with CL, but this is papering over cracks. 

Anyone who is going to say "oh but Sarri brought us to 3rd, thats amazing didnt see more than 3 games of Chelsea this season. Because you would then know that we didnt earn this place, neither was Sarri deserving for it. Our rivals were plain and simple even shittier than us. 

Maybe Sarri will make us a better team next season, maybe. But for this season, I cant give him nor this team any real credit for ending in 3rd because thats one big luck.

Then we have Hazard situation. The way he said it, he wants to leave, everything is left for board to agree with Real on fee and that must be respected as Sarri said too.

Now if we ended up with Jovic, Pepe and Chilwell this summer, we would have team for next era, quite promising one too.

BUT we are likely going to buy Kovacic and Higuain if Sarri will have a word.

In that case we are fucked. Simply as. Im all for optimism, but in that case we are definately fucked.

I have to say mate, think you are spot on with this one. I keep telling myself that this ban will be frozen and Roman is going all guns blazing in the transger market but something tells me that it just isn't going to happen like that. 

8 minutes ago, Mana said:

1 win, 1 loss and 3 draws in our last 5 PL games for Chelsea.

And within that period, we actually climbed from 5th to 3rd.

That shows how lucky we are to get 3rd place. 3rd place certainly isn’t due to Sarri’s hard work. 

I don't know what to make off sarri at the moment

We have definitely improved in some aspects, playing out of the back, pressing (in parts), youth integration (CHo, RLC)

If you had told me that we finish this season with 72 points, a league cup final and a eyropa league final, I would have said, meh, but sounds good.

Now coming to cons:

1. we started well, and then went backwards. Teams adapted to play against us, and we crumbled.

2. Transfer. Sarri has bought 3 players in so far - each of them was at best average (jorgingo), poor (kovacic) to downright shit (tubby).

3. Stubborn as fuck. It was the fact that Southgate gave CHO his debut, along with media pressure and fan wrath which made sarri bend. If not for it, he would have continued with Pedro/willian.

4. Unable to motivate the players.

I would honestly we rather suffer our ban this year, see how sarri does (because he anyways thinks we are ready and just need 1/2 buys), rather than actually buying tubby and kova this summer and getting screwed for the next 2 years. 

1 hour ago, Mana said:

1 win, 1 loss and 3 draws in our last 5 PL games for Chelsea.

And within that period, we actually climbed from 5th to 3rd.

That shows how lucky we are to get 3rd place. 3rd place certainly isn’t due to Sarri’s hard work. 

That's true. even if we take that 1 draw out bc CL football was also secured, it is still a poor record. Just ending up in the top 4 is not an argument Sarri should take into field to justify hims taying. He has to win EL to make this season kina a success and remain coach. Even though IMO, even if he beats Arsenal 10-0 he is a failrue and should be sacked.