Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

7 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

But sadly mate, he has shown nothing whatsoever that NeXT season will be better. Name 1 good thing he has done? 1 game where his tactics changed the game. He wont change, he knows not how.

Now that's just blasphemy, we have had some really good games this season. Man City at home, in the cup final, Liverpool at home and in the cup, Spurs at home twice and once in the cup, Everton away 1st half was really good it's a shame our finishing has left a lot to be desired. He has his flaws but at times we could see what he can do so I'm hopeful 

32 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

If we carry on like this he'll be gone mid way through. 

Cant do another season of this dull dull football. Its woeful at times. Hopefully he'll be able to make the signings we need but who knows. If he sees Higuain with a future we're screwed. 

His talent eye is questionable after what he said about kova and higuain 

2 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

His talent eye is questionable after what he said about kova and higuain 

Maybe someone else can do that part. Or least shove in the right direction. If we can sign that is. 

It is a bit worrying how his mind seems to work 

3 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

Now that's just blasphemy, we have had some really good games this season. Man City at home, in the cup final, Liverpool at home and in the cup, Spurs at home twice and once in the cup, Everton away 1st half was really good it's a shame our finishing has left a lot to be desired. He has his flaws but at times we could see what he can do so I'm hopeful 

Simply too far and few between.......this season has been filled with dross after dross. 90% of the times we have looked less energatic than anyone. Tactics non exixtent, game management has been torrid, like for like subs every damn game, 433 no matter what, keeps playing out of form players...looks like a sour zombie on the touchline, I could go on and on. He simply gives me no confidence.

6 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Maybe someone else can do that part. Or least shove in the right direction. If we can sign that is. 

It is a bit worrying how his mind seems to work 

We need a talent spotting guru like the Man City guy Txi or the guy doing the job for Liverpool at the moment 

25 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Bloody hell Sarri, you dont come out and say you feel sorry for klopp ffs. He wouldnt give a flying fuck about you either.

Klopp said this actually before our meeting at Anfield:

"Maurizio is someone of whom I am a huge admirer.

“The job he did at Napoli was simply outstanding and it is obvious to most observers he is already imposing his ideas on his new side.

"The Premier League is unforgiving and relentless, so it is understandable there has been some transition for him and them.

"I watched their game last Monday against West Ham and what is clear is that this is one of Europe's elite club sides, let alone just in England."

10 minutes ago, Stats said:

Klopp said this actually before our meeting at Anfield:

"Maurizio is someone of whom I am a huge admirer.

“The job he did at Napoli was simply outstanding and it is obvious to most observers he is already imposing his ideas on his new side.

"The Premier League is unforgiving and relentless, so it is understandable there has been some transition for him and them.

"I watched their game last Monday against West Ham and what is clear is that this is one of Europe's elite club sides, let alone just in England."

Didnt know that......but still to say he feels sorry for him? Thay have enough smoke up their asses as it is. We are Chels, the sooner he gets it the better. 

Just now, Atomiswave said:

Didnt know that......but still to say he feels sorry for him? Thay have enough smoke up their asses as it is. We are Chels, the sooner he gets it the better. 

What was he supposed to say? That he does not care? Media would have smashed him. He is no Mou who wants to fight against Media.

The fact that Arsenal and Tottenham's form in the league recently took a massive nose-dive, is the worst thing that could have happened to this football club. It's almost like that Kimpembe handball against United. A false friend. Now, we are stuck with mediocrity for the foreseeable future and it's not going to get any better. Everyone, who understands football, clearly knows we didnt "earn" top 4 this season or deserve to be in it but we were merely gifted it. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against being gifted something but when our entire team is a shambles, with an inept manager and our best player leaving in the summer, the board will accept this mediocrity and all this, is papering over the huge cracks that exist. Next season, is the first season in the Abramovich era, where I have ZERO confidence we will be able to achieve anything. 

6 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

What was he supposed to say? That he does not care? Media would have smashed him. He is no Mou who wants to fight against Media.

Fuck the media mate.....just say it was a good run but I must forcus on Chelsea etc etc. Its so simple. Just beacuse you dont care one bit about pool does not mean you wanna start a fight.

4 minutes ago, kobematabryant said:

The fact that Arsenal and Tottenham's form in the league recently took a massive nose-dive, is the worst thing that could have happened to this football club. It's almost like that Kimpembe handball against United. A false friend. Now, we are stuck with mediocrity for the foreseeable future and it's not going to get any better. Everyone, who understands football, clearly knows we didnt "earn" top 4 this season or deserve to be in it but we were merely gifted it. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against being gifted something but when our entire team is a shambles, with an inept manager and our best player leaving in the summer, the board will accept this mediocrity and all this, is papering over the huge cracks that exist. Next season, is the first season in the Abramovich era, where I have ZERO confidence we will be able to achieve anything. 

My brother is a gooner and he cant fathom how we got third. Arsenal utterly blew it in the last second. Just 1 more win for arsenal and a Draw for spuds and we would be out. We have been dealt a huge gift imo......we must build on this, there are no other ways.

1 minute ago, Atomiswave said:

My brother is a gooner and he cant fathom how we got third. Arsenal utterly blew it in the last second. Just 1 more win for arsenal and a Draw for spuds and we would be out. We have been dealt a huge gift imo......we must build on this, there are no other ways.

This 3rd spot is very similar to United getting 2nd spot last season. Everyone knows we aren't the third best team in England right now, and United weren't the 2nd best team last season. It all creates a false sense of security. United board believed in this 2nd spot and they paid the price, by not backing the manager, and I'm getting the impression we will pay the price because our board is inept and will probably keep Sarri. 

Thing is, if we're able to sign players this summer there's a chance we can take a massive leap in quality. Just 3 signings in a few key areas and we're a different animal. That's what I'm holding out hope for.

If his rumored move to Real Madrid isn't done yet, we should be going all out trying to make Luka Jovic our next #9. That would immedietly elevate us a level. Add a new top class wide player and top class fullback and we can compete with City and Liverpool. 

2 hours ago, Mana said:

^ This. The whole shenanigans cannot continue.

I'll personally wait until the result and performance of the EL final.

So, you're gonna change your opinion on Sarri if we play well and win the Europa League?

13 minutes ago, Pizy said:

If his rumored move to Real Madrid isn't done yet, we should be going all out trying to make Luka Jovic our next #9. That would immedietly elevate us a level. Add a new top class wide player and top class fullback and we can compete with City and Liverpool. 

Jovic has obviously done well this season but are people not concerned that he might be having one of those 'one season wonder' seasons? Take Belotti for instance, he did very for Torino two seasons ago but have since went off the boil. Another example, Piatek has stopped scoring regularly in last 2-3 months after all his early exploits. 

Just now, Jason said:

Jovic has obviously done well this season but are people not concerned that he might be having one of those 'one season wonder' seasons? Take Belotti for instance, he did very for Torino two seasons ago but have since went off the boil. Another example, Piatek has stopped scoring regularly in last 2-3 months after all his early exploits. 

It's always a risk, but he's got the perfect skill set for the PL. He seems like the complete center forward. Good in the air, good with his feet, he's got that powerful, stocky build like Aguero that can sustain the physicality. He's also good with both feel and can score from distance.

Really not many options out there. I just don't want us to take any more punts on oldies who are past it.