Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

Anyone saying Sarri is faultless or hasn't made mistakes this season isn't paying attention.  That said, he got us a top 4 finish and 90 minutes from a European final with a team that I think we can all agree is lacking a lot.  If the transfer ban is lifted or delayed we can see what he can do with a bit more quality in the overall squad.  If not, it's going to be deja vu next season.

31 minutes ago, Jason said:

Unwarranted? :lol: Let's not pretend as if he's faultless this season. 

I didn't say he was faultless! I said he doesn't deserve the ABUSE he has recieved from our plastics. It's a disgrace. I get it, I really do, I have come to terms with our fanbase being a bunch of spoiled brats.

24 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

He developed RLC? Sarri just happens to play only 4-3-3 and that is the only system where  RLC works. Mou wanted him to play as a no. 6,Conte as a striker and th Palace coach asa winger. RLC only needed a coach, any coach that played a 4-3-3 system

Actually, I don´t want so see any more Sarri Ball. Sarri makes just to many mistakes. We desperately need a creative midfielder, but Sarri will never buy one, because of Jorginho. He can´t bench him. If we buy a creative midfielder, he will bench RLC, which would not make much sense, because RLC is the perfect no. 8

Yes he did, 433 or no 433 he needed a lot of tactical work and sarri has done that with him (for the first few months he was constantly calling him over for instructions in game).

4 minutes ago, DDA said:

I didn't say he was faultless! I said he doesn't deserve the ABUSE he has recieved from our plastics. It's a disgrace. I get it, I really do, I have come to terms with our fanbase being a bunch of spoiled brats.

The ironic thing is, the two times the average fan broke the mould and shown a bit of patience was the 2 times it would have been 100% the right thing to do to lose patience early (Torres, Jose's all time collapse).

8 minutes ago, Tomo said:

The ironic thing is, the two times the average fan broke the mould and shown a bit of patience was the 2 times it would have been 100% the right thing to do to lose patience early (Torres, Jose's all time collapse).

Torres problem was he cost 50m pounds. It was almost impossible to move him at at that time. 

10 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I truly believe it's because a vast majority of our fanbase are casual fans. They also behave like sheep, following the heard wherever and however they bahh.

I don't think Sarri has been brilliant this season. He is too stubborn, rotate very little and play too expansive at times. 

But top 4 is our target this season, and we are in top 4. I think he deserve to be given another year. Now I want to see improvement for next season both in term of personnel and performance. 

Like I said a couple times, I want to see whether Sarriball can work in epl.

16 minutes ago, communicate said:

Torres problem was he cost 50m pounds. It was almost impossible to move him at at that time. 

Yeah but it wasn't helped by the sheer amount of ridiculous excuses and allowances that was being made (one point the MHL grumbled at the announcement of a Lampard goal because they thought it was Torres initially). 

Just now, communicate said:

I don't think Sarri has been brilliant this season. He is too stubborn, rotate very little and play too expansive at times. 

But top 4 is our target this season, and we are in top 4. I think he deserve to be given another year. Now I want to see improvement for next season both in term of personnel and performance. 

Like I said a couple times, I want to see whether Sarriball can work in epl.

Sarri Ball could only work if we had a creative midfielder and we don´t have that. Jorginho most of the time plays like a second no. 6 standing next to a real no. 6 in Kante. If we had KDB or prime Cesc, we would have a high chance of actually becoming a great team again. As long as we don´ have that in our team, we will be average. Every world class team has a world class passer.

Sarri has lost FOUR games fewer than Podgettino in the league. Sarri kicked Podgettino out of a Cup Semi-final this season. And this week, Sarri is halfway to a Euro Cup Final while Podgettino is nine-tenths of the way out of a semi. Yet Sarri gets lambasted and Podgettino gets praised. 

It amazes me that any Chelsea supporter pays any heed to anything written or spoken about us in the media. It is normally so factually incorrect to the point of drivel.

1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Sarri has lost FOUR games fewer than Podgettino in the league. Sarri kicked Podgettino out of a Cup Semi-final this season. And this week, Sarri is halfway to a Euro Cup Final while Podgettino is nine-tenths of the way out of a semi. Yet Sarri gets lambasted and Podgettino gets praised. 

It amazes me that any Chelsea supporter pays any heed to anything written or spoken about us in the media. It is normally so factually incorrect to the point of drivel.

Yeah but they are in the semis of CL. Most would consider that better than winning EL. They also didnt spent anything last summer and they dont spend anywhere near as much as we do. They also play better football in general compared to us for the last two seasons.

But spuds are big chokers and their expectations arent as high as ours, so the media loves to twist the stories a bit.

However there is no doubt that Poch is better manager than Sarri.

Sarri with a full summer of prep and (God willing) a proper summer transfer window and we should be much better next season. We'll be in a desperate fight for 4th spot again if the transfer ban is upheld, though. Probably much worse off actually if Hazard goes.

Maybe this will finally be the window where we find our next long term striker. Perhaps someone with really good pace for a change instead of the usual traditional #9 we've been signing. Someone in the mould of Aubameyang. Who that is, I don't know.

2 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Mate, its not difficult to see Spurs squad is by far the weakest of the top 6.

I still think he didn't do a great job. Lets say that the top 4 finish is enough to give him enough credit to see what he can do next season. The top 4 finish is pure a product of the huge incompetence coming from United and Arsenal.

To other side its crazy that a lot of fans who always backed previous coachs asked for Sarri head, because lets be honest, football under Sarri was better than the monstrosity Conte produced last season, but most people were reproducing the same old narrative: "Conte is a genius, and his poor results are explained by a board that don't support the manager", and don't even start me with the football under Mourinho at the end of 2015 and beginning of 2016.