Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

5 hours ago, pHaRaOn said:

"We have very good midfielders, but maybe a midfielder with different characteristics [would be a good fit]."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/sarri-eyes-new-midfield-signing-before-transfer-deadline/1dl2l9is98415120q93877mk1p

Wonder if he necessarily means a central midfielder.

Honestly, we have plenty of those and none too similar.

1 hour ago, Blue Armour said:

Wonder if he necessarily means a central midfielder.

Honestly, we have plenty of those and none too similar.

Plenty of mediocre ones, I'm praying to the footballing atoms that Barkley has the season of his life but from preseason it doesn't look like we can expect many goals from him. RLC/Cesct/Baks/Waterboy - yeah plenty of them but not one I would choose to start with. We need a lad that

Strikes me that just like Conte he is purely the head coach with no power at all over transfers

Sarri told journalists: “I think we need something. But only maybe one player.

"I spoke with the club about the market but only one time, no more. 

“I spoke about positions but no specifics - no names - so I don't know."

31 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Plenty of mediocre ones, I'm praying to the footballing atoms that Barkley has the season of his life but from preseason it doesn't look like we can expect many goals from him. RLC/Cesct/Baks/Waterboy - yeah plenty of them but not one I would choose to start with. We need a lad that

Strikes me that just like Conte he is purely the head coach with no power at all over transfers

Sarri told journalists: “I think we need something. But only maybe one player.

"I spoke with the club about the market but only one time, no more. 

“I spoke about positions but no specifics - no names - so I don't know."

I think if he really saylid we need more midfield. He simply said yes we have tons of mid but most of them are suck and cannot play my football

I think he probably want a creator, a guy who can create chances like kdb

36 minutes ago, communicate said:

I think if he really saylid we need more midfield. He simply said yes we have tons of mid but most of them are suck and cannot play my football

I think he probably want a creator, a guy who can create chances like kdb

But you will have noticed thats not Sarris style. Mou might say that but Sarri tries to have the teams back even when one really hasn't earned his faith or trust yet.

Like I said. You mention KDB. Of course he is an ideal version of what we need instead of Barkley/Cesc/RLC. A great platmaker we can use as Hamsil and will pile on the goals and assists. From what Ive watched so far e dont have one mate.

Do we think its possible for Barkley to do that?

We have a truly shit hot deep playmaker who will be the bollox. We have one of the best CDM in the world.

The ACM or a B2B is letting us down and we haven't got itt right since Lamps left

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

But you will have noticed thats not Sarris style. Mou might say that but Sarri tries to have the teams back even when one really hasn't earned his faith or trust yet.

Like I said. You mention KDB. Of course he is an ideal version of what we need instead of Barkley/Cesc/RLC. A great platmaker we can use as Hamsil and will pile on the goals and assists. From what Ive watched so far e dont have one mate.

Do we think its possible for Barkley to do that?

We have a truly shit hot deep playmaker who will be the bollox. We have one of the best CDM in the world.

The ACM or a B2B is letting us down and we haven't got itt right since Lamps left

Ohh 2nd year Mou will definitely say "my midfield suck"

It will be a big responsibility for Barkley to play that role especially when we play kante. Is he ready ? I dont know. That is why we have friendly

I wont be surprised if we play fab,kante and jorginho once kante come back. 

25 minutes ago, communicate said:

I wont be surprised if we play fab,

Hes got the head and the moves. Needs more time and space to make his moves now tho.

I did think Barkley coming was a good idea as hes got everything that position needs. Maybe he just needs some time and faith Sarri is giving Morata  to get into the swing again cause at least hes looking very fit right now touch wood.

36 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Hes got the head and the moves. Needs more time and space to make his moves now tho.

I did think Barkley coming was a good idea as hes got everything that position needs. Maybe he just needs some time and faith Sarri is giving Morata  to get into the swing again cause at least hes looking very fit right now touch wood.

I like fab so far really impressing me. Against arsenal are midfield fell apart after he was taken off.

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

N’Golo Kante’s Chelsea return and preseason could see a shift to 4-2-3-1

https://theprideoflondon.com/2018/08/04/ngolo-kantes-chelsea-return-preseason-see-shift-4-2-3-1/

That shape does make more sense with the current squad. Morata, Batshuayi and Giroud all haven't proven capable of being the lone striker. But hey've all performed better with a player right behind them (or alongside them). Having some to release the ball to quickly, providing them support (making them harder to mark and switch positions with)

Chels don't quite possess the midfielders for a well-balanced and quality three-man midfield. Cesc is too slow, Barkley and Loftus-Cheek not good enough to start. The less said about the rest of the midfield options the better.

And by moving Hazard to the centre and playing Willian on the left flank, Alonso would receive more support and wouldn't be as exposed if he were to play with Hazard in front of him.

Courtois/Caballero/Green

Azpilicueta/Moses - Christensen/Luiz - Rudiger/Cahill - Alonso/Emerson

Kante/Drinkwater - Jorginho/Fabregas

Pedro/Loftus-Cheek - Hazard/Barkley - Willian/Hudson-Odoi

Morata/Giroud/Batshuayi

47 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Those 'Things to improve' are all big problems.

Yup.  Personally, I think the pressing is no where near the finished product either.  I would classify our pressing as "showing signs". 

This is the Napoli - Juve match from late last season.  That's what the finished article looks like.

https://footballia.net/matches/juventus-fc-ssc-napoli-serie-a-2017-2018

No gaping holes like we had against Arsenal.

2 hours ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Yup.  Personally, I think the pressing is no where near the finished product either.  I would classify our pressing as "showing signs". 

This is the Napoli - Juve match from late last season.  That's what the finished article looks like.

https://footballia.net/matches/juventus-fc-ssc-napoli-serie-a-2017-2018

No gaping holes like we had against Arsenal.

So very early without 2 lads and needing others.

They need to keep their passing flat and fast cause theres been some picked off.

2 hours ago, DYC. said:

That shape does make more sense with the current squad. Morata, Batshuayi and Giroud all haven't proven capable of being the lone striker. But hey've all performed better with a player right behind them (or alongside them). Having some to release the ball to quickly, providing them support (making them harder to mark and switch positions with)

Chels don't quite possess the midfielders for a well-balanced and quality three-man midfield. Cesc is too slow, Barkley and Loftus-Cheek not good enough to start. The less said about the rest of the midfield options the better.

And by moving Hazard to the centre and playing Willian on the left flank, Alonso would receive more support and wouldn't be as exposed if he were to play with Hazard in front of him.

Courtois/Caballero/Green

Morata/Giroud/Batshuayi

I think this is what Sarri was saying about needing a midfielder.

We could do a 4 2 1 3 with Eden as a floater behind the top 3? Which would basically be a 4 3 3 with Eden as Hamsik

2 hours ago, DYC. said:

Courtois/Caballero/Green

Morata/Giroud/Batshuayi

DYC, how is this different from what i posted in the Hazard thread ? :P