Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

4 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Doesn't explain why he was benched for Alonso against Everton. Alonso has been solely responsible for goals against Arsenal, United, City, Spurs and Everton. The sheer fact this twat can waltz his way back into the starting XI is absurd. 

The spurs and City performance should have been enough for Emerson to cement his place. Guess a decent cross against fucking Dynamo Kiev has Sarri thinking Alonso is Maldini again. 

and the cuntish board renewed his arse at a monster salary for FIVE more years

and at an insane £150K per week!!!!

£40m in salary he will make over that time!

WTF!!!!!!

fuck them all

10 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

He would want a starting role. 

well, he would certainly start until and if we bought a top 12 or 15 truly WC CB

Luiz is shit, I detest him

gave him massive break, for months and months didnt say shit about him

and he is right back to bobblehead twat at CB, and now even his passing is meh lately

if we break the 30yo plus no multi-year rule for him and that rat Willian I am going to lose my mind

we just fucked ourselves in the arse with a hot poker by renewing that cunt Alonso until 2023 at a fucking £40m total salary, making him unsellable to all but like 6 or 8 clubs on planet

4 hours ago, Antonio8 said:

matic fabregas, diego costa and a different module and style (and also a different coach, of course, there is no match between sarri and conte) 

but then again, if the solution of all the problems is to play with emerson RLC and CHO probably sarri would have tried this way

I don't think he is a masochist and feels happy when the fans insult him 

Higuain was his choice, so he can't be cribbing about the strikers. Jorginho was his choice so he can't be cribbing about matic/cesc. He had cesc and the guy left because he hardly was not getting any play time. 

And of course there is no match between sarri and Conte. One is a world class coach and another is a fraud. I don't know what style and module have to do here. You said can these plyaers win the PL. I have given you facts that these plyaers "have" won the PL under a great manager which sarri clearly is not.

"Would have", "could have" but still he continoues to play the same drivel, continues to play alonso despite everyone and their dog clearly seeing that he is shit.

Masochist or not, he clearly is one thing, and that is a fraud.

'Saved by the Bellend'

Chelsea FanCast #457

Apr 2, 2019

âSaved by the Bellendâ Chelsea FanCast #457

Stamford Chidge is joined by Jonathan Kydd and Joe Tweedie to discuss a very lucky win for Chelsea against Cardiff City, aided and abetted by Craig Pawson and the Assistant Referee.

On the show tonight we muse over the fact that one of the worst offside decisions shouldn’t let Chelsea get away with a poor performance.

In part two we experience de ja vu all over again with Chelsea offering no creativity, no goal threat and bite or goals from midfield. With chants of “we want Sarri out” we ask is Sarri the most unpopular manager of Roman Abramovich’s reign and can we draw any real positives from what was after all a win for Chelsea and is there a way forward?

In part three we take a quick look ahead to Wednesday’s match against Brighton before the usual parish notices and part one of a bumper crop of emails this week.

In part four JK and Stamford Chidge read out the remainder of this week’s emails.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/mar/31/maurizio-sarri-chelsea-cardiff-rebellion-nadir

snip

Those who witnessed this match will not be hoodwinked into believing Chelsea merited anything. For well over 80 minutes this had been Sarri’s nadir – a display so grotesque it felt worse than the capitulation at Bournemouth, the meek mishmash at Arsenal, or even the thrashing endured at Manchester City, the most emphatic suffered under Roman Abramovich’s ownership.

9 hours ago, bakayokofan said:

Higuain was his choice, so he can't be cribbing about the strikers. Jorginho was his choice so he can't be cribbing about matic/cesc. He had cesc and the guy left because he hardly was not getting any play time. 

And of course there is no match between sarri and Conte. One is a world class coach and another is a fraud. I don't know what style and module have to do here. You said can these plyaers win the PL. I have given you facts that these plyaers "have" won the PL under a great manager which sarri clearly is not.

"Would have", "could have" but still he continoues to play the same drivel, continues to play alonso despite everyone and their dog clearly seeing that he is shit.

Masochist or not, he clearly is one thing, and that is a fraud.

no he is not, he is just a limited coach. put guardiola to do tiki taka with atletico madrid, then tell me if he is a fraud. 

sarri wants to change chelsea mentality and style of play by changing two players (jorgi and higuan) 

it's hard to believe 

Not defending the bloke, and I'd never heard of him before his appointment, but I am of the view of more time and money for the nicotine man - having watched the team through the delights of Hurst, Blanchflower, Shellito, Hollins & Porterfield.

It's not that a terrible return from your first season in English football having inherited a team that failed CL qualification and that already had ownership of a flawed character.

Pochettino, Unai Emery and Ole Gunnar Solskjær are all praised but there's just 3 league points between the 4 clubs and the crucial point is we're not blessed with the attackers the others have.

25 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Not defending the bloke, and I'd never heard of him before his appointment, but I am of the view of more time and money for the nicotine man - having watched the team through the delights of Hurst, Blanchflower, Shellito, Hollins & Porterfield.

It's not that a terrible return from your first season in English football having inherited a team that failed CL qualification and that already had ownership of a flawed character.

Pochettino, Unai Emery and Ole Gunnar Solskjær are all praised but there's just 3 league points between the 4 clubs and the crucial point is we're not blessed with the attackers the others have.

Blanchflower

"The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."

The anti-Sarriball quote of all time.

1 hour ago, Antonio8 said:

no he is not, he is just a limited coach. put guardiola to do tiki taka with atletico madrid, then tell me if he is a fraud. 

sarri wants to change chelsea mentality and style of play by changing two players (jorgi and higuan) 

it's hard to believe 

So let me get this straight. We have a manager who has a "philosophy". But the players at his disposal are not worthy of the "philosophy" and the style and the shit. So what does a "manager" do? Continue going down the same road blaming the players' mentality? Or change the ways just for a bit until he gets his own players in(given his track record with jorginho and higuain, I would not trust him with a single penny).

A manager is so much more than just a phikosopjy and a style of play. 

Even if we give sarri a pass on our mostly abject style of play, there are basic issues of team selections, man management, youth integration and most importantly meritocracy.

Emerson can perform well, and then be left to rot on the bench just because Alonso had a good game against a pub level side in Europa. Meanwhile CHO and giroud's good performances in the same competition are totally ignored. Hencr why he is nothing but a fraud. He has done nothing to be entrusted one of the biggest transitional phases of this club.

1 hour ago, bakayokofan said:

So let me get this straight. We have a manager who has a "philosophy". But the players at his disposal are not worthy of the "philosophy" and the style and the shit. So what does a "manager" do? Continue going down the same road blaming the players' mentality? Or change the ways just for a bit until he gets his own players in(given his track record with jorginho and higuain, I would not trust him with a single penny).

A manager is so much more than just a phikosopjy and a style of play. 

Even if we give sarri a pass on our mostly abject style of play, there are basic issues of team selections, man management, youth integration and most importantly meritocracy.

Emerson can perform well, and then be left to rot on the bench just because Alonso had a good game against a pub level side in Europa. Meanwhile CHO and giroud's good performances in the same competition are totally ignored. Hencr why he is nothing but a fraud. He has done nothing to be entrusted one of the biggest transitional phases of this club.

no at the first difficulties he should renounce to his philosophy and turn back to play in counter-attack?

for the second part of your post, I agree he is not well in the comunication field, in the men management, and he wasn't also in napoli. so it is not a surprise for me and likely for the board

who chose him 

4 minutes ago, Antonio8 said:

no at the first difficulties he should renounce to his philosophy and turn back to play in counter-attack?

for the second part of your post, I agree he is not well in the comunication field, in the men management, and he wasn't also in napoli. so it is not a surprise for me and likely for the board

who chose him 

1st? 1st sight of difficulty? We are 6th. We were a comfortable 3rd/4th at a moment in time. It's been 3-4 months of "difficulty", not the 1st sight. It's also called adaptability. Remember Antonio conte? 

So he is not good at communication,he is not good at man-managemen, he us not good at adapting. What is he good at then?

Also let's not play, "the board knew what they were getting" card. The board is clueless. This is the same board that sold Costa and matic and bougth morata and drinkwater. Same board which bought the likes of papy, Alonso, baba etc etc. The number of transfer screw ups from this boarf is legendary and it's a miracle that they are still in the job. Sarri is another of their screw ups. And it's open for all to see.

Sarri's problem is that he does not do the job he should.

He has very good tactical knowledge and  a very interesting vision of football.

But the fact is he should be a football tactic teacher  not a head coach from a big club.

I think i will be a great teacher and many futur coach could learn a lot from him.

His theory is great, but not always easy to put in practice.

His lack of pragmatism and his inabilty to adapt his tactics is big big problem for someone who want succes like a head coach.

If you want succes you need to adapt to your team and to your opponent.

Look at Guardiola, he has also his own philosphy but he changes constantly the tactics (change to 3 to 4 DEF, sometimes 2 attackers) or the role of his players (Def Mid become full back, or center back etc..)

He has a constant reflexion about that.

Sarri don't have this. For him its just '4-3-3', triangle passe, regista etc. And we need to keep trying until it work.

But if it doens't work , like now, we are fucked up.

It's not a coincidence if at the age of 60 he did not win anything.

1 hour ago, bakayokofan said:

1st? 1st sight of difficulty? We are 6th. We were a comfortable 3rd/4th at a moment in time. It's been 3-4 months of "difficulty", not the 1st sight. It's also called adaptability. Remember Antonio conte? 

So he is not good at communication,he is not good at man-managemen, he us not good at adapting. What is he good at then?

Also let's not play, "the board knew what they were getting" card. The board is clueless. This is the same board that sold Costa and matic and bougth morata and drinkwater. Same board which bought the likes of papy, Alonso, baba etc etc. The number of transfer screw ups from this boarf is legendary and it's a miracle that they are still in the job. Sarri is another of their screw ups. And it's open for all to see.

his teams have identity, are well organized and play very offensive football. most of the players he trained in the past reached their pick under him. 

we are 6th. last year were 5th. it's the actual dimension of the club

despite that it's only 1-2 points from the 4th place so I prefer to judge at the end of the season 

20 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Christensen has failed to impress when given the chance in the league. He was god awful against Wolves. 

He's so fucking soft it irritates me 

The recent game against Wolves, he was not on the pitch. His performances recently has been good even against league opposition.

He definitely deserves a start especially after watching the brainless duo of Rudiger and Luiz game after game. 

Weird to hold a player for one game in early December which I can’t recall much about it, especially when he has stringed good performances one after another lately.

Christensen is a bit soft, but he reads the game on another level than the current starting CBs.

3 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

The recent game against Wolves, he was not on the pitch. His performances recently has been good even against league opposition.

Which opposition? He's played 3 games in the league. One of them was getting mugged off by Jimenez. 

Bloke is a flower against physical strikers. I'd be more comfortable had he come back during the summer bulked up. Look at Stones. 

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

Blanchflower

"The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."

The anti-Sarriball quote of all time.

You or I could give a good anti-Sariball quote. Don't know if you were a Chelsea fan under Blanchflower ? Think you are too young :P but he was shite. (RIP) . We won 3 out of 15 games. :D