Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

I feel sorry for him in the way chants can't be nice to hear. But at same time he can change that by changing things. His way hasn't worked for a while. Mix it up give something else a shot don't hope it will work again when it hasn't before. 

Just now, Laylabelle said:

I feel sorry for him in the way chants can't be nice to hear. But at same time he can change that by changing things. His way hasn't worked for a while. Mix it up give something else a shot don't hope it will work again when it hasn't before. 

I never taunt employees

I just sack them the instant I see they are not going to work out

I'm all for giving someone time if you can see the positives and progress being made, even if it is a little slow.

Unfortunately I don't see any of this with Sarri. The only positive spin that can be put on our football this season is that we dominate possession near enough every game now, but in doing so we have sacrificed utilising any pace in our team, and become slow and predictable with the ball making us easy to defend against. In defence our midfield is now set up to be counter attacked and our defence exposed.

What we are playing isn't attacking football in my opinion. There are multiple ways to play attack minded football and dominating possession outside the opposition final 3rd and creating few chances is not one of them.

The lack of cutting edge and urgency on the ball is the biggest worry for me. We're so laboured and easy to play against. The whole system is way too rigid and stifles a number of players from playing their natural game. Even when we are losing, it's not like we ever seem to be throwing everything at a team. The Chelsea of old would pepper the opposition goal from all angles until it caved in and it's sorry to see no one willing to shoot from distance anymore.

Even with a transfer ban in place for me we need to move away from Sarri's project.

3 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

So you aren't willing to give a manager time to change the philosophy of the club, but are willing to give a manger time to play youth? A more time consuming risk than the former?

100000% agree mate. Your bang on. For me, theres no short term fix to this problem we have because the long term reprecussions of the short term mindset weve adopted over the years and it has finally came back to bite us. The next 2 or 3 seasons will be a progression in terms of developing the squad and they will probably be trophyless.

The only manager who i think, honestly, the club would give time to and cut a lot of slack is Lampard/JT

I reckon they'd get so much time because they are chelsea men.  Which is why i think, maybe wrongly (as of now), that they will be the next management team

45 minutes ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

I swear to god, someone on twitter is arguing with me that Conte is NOT a better manager than Sarri.

Im lost for words

dont feed the trolls

Sarri is never winning a major trophy (and league cups dont count as major) unless he pulls a miracle this year with us in the EL

after that

nope

never will

17 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

100000% agree mate. Your bang on. For me, theres no short term fix to this problem we have because the long term reprecussions of the short term mindset weve adopted over the years and it has finally came back to bite us. The next 2 or 3 seasons will be a progression in terms of developing the squad and they will probably be trophyless.

The problem is no clear plan and direction the club is heading. That's the biggest reason fans don't show patience.

The club is not in transition, we're just constantly throwing mud at the wall to see what sticks with regards to our managers. If it works like Conte, we'll get a couple of years out of that and then try again and Sarri is just part of that cycle. We jump from manager to manager all with different ideas and philosophies. Even when Mourinho and Conte could be described as 'defensively minded' managers they both play with very different tactical set-ups. The constant changes are why we now have such a lop-sided squad where each suits varying styles and tactics.

What's damning for Sarri is that his signings haven't worked out so far and that evidence would worry me about giving him the responsibility to rebuild this club.

It would be great to find that manager that could be trusted to rebuild this club over the next 3-4 seasons but you have to get extremely lucky to find that person and even then, the club don't appear prepared to give a manager too much power and influence.

Ultimately it needs a director of football with a philosophy to be used and followed. Not just would the players then be purchased with a plan for them all to fit into, but youth players can be integrated far easier and there would be greater succession planning for managers. Until this happens and the club is essentially stripped back and re-worked, the wheels will keep spinning. 

1 hour ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

I swear to god, someone on twitter is arguing with me that Conte is NOT a better manager than Sarri.

Im lost for words

I've been talking to a lot of Italian football fans and its weird, but all of them share the same opinion: Sarri is a great coach and should be given time, and yes, they definitely think Sarri is better than Conte.

14 minutes ago, Henrique said:

I've been talking to a lot of Italian football fans and its weird, but all of them share the same opinion: Sarri is a great coach and should be given time, and yes, they definitely think Sarri is better than Conte.

This Arsenal fan is spot on but people refuse to see the truth even after they down tolled against Mourinho and Conte people still think it's only down to the manager.

They had one or two more attacking minded manager in between the years, but most of the time they can’t execute their plan because they were handed a bunch of dull and boring players.

He is stubborn as fuck no doubt but the players he has are absolute shit for his philosophy and football, they can't take one touch passes to save themselves. We are predictable and shit specifically because our build ups is slow anyone can counter it. If Sarri goes after this season I fully expect next season to be in a dogfight for the Top 4 again with or without transfers.

7 hours ago, Jason said:

Wow. Two of Sarri's biggest backers @Fernando and @petre.ispirescu have decided to jump ship. Never expected to see that...

I like what he did in terms of possession stuff, the build from the back approach etc. but it is all too boring if nothing is done in the final third as well and I was hoping and hoping and hoping something would change. Yesterday we were in COMPLETE control YET AGAIN, we go one goal down and look clueless after. If it was not for that linesman fuck up we'd AGAIN fail to even score after going one behind against crap opposition. 

You think someone would just mix things up when they are one nil down, maybe a 442 with both Giroud & Higuain, or a 4231 with Eden as a 10 and Hudson Odoi on the wings etc. but there is no flexibility. 

You watch our matches and you see this team SCREAMS for a direct winger. Willian and Pedro would pass the ball and do their shit stuff for an eternity, no way you unlock defences with those wingers and midfielders like Kovacic and Barkley. Well nevermind this, but who is the most direct winger at the club now? Hudson Odoi!!! Oozes class and always ready to take on defenders, but rots on the fucking bench... 

13 hours ago, bakayokofan said:

Lol. Europa league. What teams have we played?

Sorry ball nit working = 6-0 away to city, 4-0 to Bournemouth, pathetic away form 16 points in the last 10 games with trips to anfield and OT left. Understand?

Or let me continue. Abject performances, same mistakes, no youth integration to the point that our own player has got an international start before a league start. The fans have totally turned on him, which can you remember when it has happened in the last 30 Years? Clear now? 

I really don't understand if you think that these players with another coach would win the premier league or what 

14 hours ago, Mana said:

Nah, what I said was right. I didn’t exactly quote him word for word but that was the jist.

He only watched the first 20 minutes, and said CHO didn’t play well in that 20 minutes.

no it wasn't as he finished the phrase explaining that he improved immediately when played on the left.

but it's very clear what some fans are doing so 

19 minutes ago, Antonio8 said:

I really don't understand if you think that these players with another coach would win the premier league or what 

Did not these players with another coach win a premier league 2 years ago?

Also it's not about winning the premier league, it's about getting the best out of the players as well as playing the best players available in their best positions. None of which is happening right now

58 minutes ago, bakayokofan said:

Did not these players with another coach win a premier league 2 years ago?

Also it's not about winning the premier league, it's about getting the best out of the players as well as playing the best players available in their best positions. None of which is happening right now

not these players. and I think that everyone can say that conte made a miracle that season. 

I agree with the second part of your post, for me this 433 module doesn't suit with too many players: azpi alonso (but also emerson) hazard kante willian 

I would prefer to see the 4231   zappa rudi chris emerson/ kante jorgi/ RLC hazard CHO/ higuain 

5 minutes ago, Mana said:

Lol! But...how did he know that when he watched the game for the first 20 minutes? Did he go and watch the full replay of the England game? Sure we don't know, but the chances of that are 98% negative because if he DID watch it, and LIKED how CHO played, CHO would have started on the left against Cardiff yesterday since Hazard was benched.

So piss off with your attitude (bolded).

chelsea will play 3 matches in one week. also kante and hazard were benched. and so? CHO will likely play with brighton with hazard giroud and kante.