Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

1 hour ago, kellzfresh said:

We have no choice. Chelsea football Club cannot play high pressing attacking football. Every manager that tries it gets burned, so let us stop deceiving ourselves and get a Simione/Allegri type of manager. 

The moment we missed out on Guardiola, we missed out on ever playing attacking football at this club. I have made my peace with that, so defensive, counterattacking football is the only way to go.

Don't get why it has to either be attacking football or counter attacking football for us. Why can't we play both? The attacking football might not be Guardiola's kind but we have shown capability in the past of dominating, attacking opponents when needed to. I've always liked our tactical flexibility in the past, when we seamlessly switched between those two approaches depending on who we played. 

9 hours ago, Henrique said:

The problem with Sarri gettin sacked is that the next manager will again be an uninspired choice. Chelsea probably will make a list of managers that had a previous job in a big club in a big European league or a manager coming from a big NT. So I'm pretty sure those names will be in the "next manager list":

-Roberto Macini.

-Didier Deschamps.

-Julen Lopetegui

-Luis Enrique

-Genaro Gattuso

-Simeone

-Lucien Favre

Instead of appointing the obvious choice: Nuno Espirito Santo.

I will say that Nuno has done an amazing job. But what Nuno is doing is just the same that Sarri did at Napoli. 

It's more of the same situation to me it seems. 

2 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I will say that Nuno has done an amazing job. But what Nuno is doing is just the same that Sarri did at Napoli. 

No way man, Nuno is perfect for what this club has lived on the last 15 years. Adapting to the opposition and being successful.

15 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

Why?

He has close to no managerial experience, never faced a top club and were supposed to beat Napoli/Arsenal in the EL final. He would be a bad appointment in our situation.

23 minutes ago, NiclasCFC said:

No way man, Nuno is perfect for what this club has lived on the last 15 years. Adapting to the opposition and being successful.

Again the same thing that Sarri did at Napoli. 

Nothing new here to see. 

11 hours ago, Henrique said:

The problem with Sarri gettin sacked is that the next manager will again be an uninspired choice. Chelsea probably will make a list of managers that had a previous job in a big club in a big European league or a manager coming from a big NT. So I'm pretty sure those names will be in the "next manager list":

-Roberto Macini.

-Didier Deschamps.

-Julen Lopetegui

-Luis Enrique

-Genaro Gattuso

-Simeone

-Lucien Favre

Instead of appointing the obvious choice: Nuno Espirito Santo.

Nuno still a bit of a risk at a bigger clun. Bad spell at Porto and one good year with Valencia before a terrible half a season after in which he resigned. He has been impressive at Wolves I wont disagree but dont think he would be able to replicate that success here.

4 hours ago, Fernando said:

10 hours ago, coolhead23 said:

Not sure on the obvious ... but again Nuno Santo looks similar to how Sarri looked at Napoli and his track record doesnt paint a solid record as well.

There is a BIG difference between Sarri and Nuno Espirito Santo, and its pretty obvious: Sarri's amazing job was in Serie A, and it wasn't in Premier League. It just doesn't make much sense to bring this argument. Napoli didn't even had a decent record in Europe under Sarri, so his work with Napoli wasn't an indication that he would do a good job in Premier League. The truth is Serie A today is just a little better than French League in terms of overall quality. Leonardo Jardim won Ligue-1 with Monaco in 2017 and made an amazing run in Europe, but nobody hailed him as genius.

Sarri is a shitty manager, and close to him Scolari, AVB, RDM and Avran Grant are football legends.

10 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

We have no choice. Chelsea football Club cannot play high pressing attacking football. Every manager that tries it gets burned, so let us stop deceiving ourselves and get a Simione/Allegri type of manager. 

The moment we missed out on Guardiola, we missed out on ever playing attacking football at this club. I have made my peace with that, so defensive, counterattacking football is the only way to go.

I disagree, Arsenal and Liverpool were known as boring counter attacking sides pre Wenger and Rodgers respectively and managed to change their image within two years, United went the other way when Fergie left. In Fact we were changing our style with promising signs ahead for a couple of years until Mourinho changed us back to the old model again.

In many ways the hard bits done now, even if we sack Sarri he will leave a team comfortable in possession and building up play which a similar style of manager could apply to the side and fill the blanks Maurizio couldn't..

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

I disagree, Arsenal and Liverpool were known as boring counter attacking sides pre Wenger and Rodgers respectively and managed to change their image within two years, United went the other way when Fergie left. In Fact we were changing our style with promising signs ahead for a couple of years until Mourinho changed us back to the old model again.

In many ways the hard bits done now, even if we sack Sarri he will leave a team comfortable in possession and building up play which a similar style of manager could apply to the side and fill the blanks Maurizio couldn't..

Yeah probably, if Sarri leaves, at least he'll leave a legacy in our club of being able to pass out from the back. But we cannot score goals except in europa league when Hazard doesn't play. 

There is no point of claiming to play attacking football, when we cant score goals.

11 hours ago, Jason said:

Don't get why it has to either be attacking football or counter attacking football for us. Why can't we play both? The attacking football might not be Guardiola's kind but we have shown capability in the past of dominating, attacking opponents when needed to. I've always liked our tactical flexibility in the past, when we seamlessly switched between those two approaches depending on who we played. 

I've made my peace with the fact that we are a pragmatic football club and only pragmatic managers who adapt defensively to opposition can succeed here. No Klopp/Pochettino magic can work in Chelsea FC.

29 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

Yeah probably, if Sarri leaves, at least he'll leave a legacy in our club of being able to pass out from the back. But we cannot score goals except in europa league when Hazard doesn't play. 

There is no point of claiming to play attacking football, when we cant score goals.

That's it. What we play isn't attacking. Not really. We do sod all with it and they go down the other end and score. 

3 hours ago, Henrique said:

There is a BIG difference between Sarri and Nuno Espirito Santo, and its pretty obvious: Sarri's amazing job was in Serie A, and it wasn't in Premier League. It just doesn't make much sense to bring this argument. Napoli didn't even had a decent record in Europe under Sarri, so his work with Napoli wasn't an indication that he would do a good job in Premier League. The truth is Serie A today is just a little better than French League in terms of overall quality. Leonardo Jardim won Ligue-1 with Monaco in 2017 and made an amazing run in Europe, but nobody hailed him as genius.

Sarri is a shitty manager, and close to him Scolari, AVB, RDM and Avran Grant are football legends.

In that case Conte also came in from the Italian league and he did win us the league. Pep never played in the PL but today he's the best ... It doesnt depends where u come from, it is how you adjust to the league and make your way up. I'm not saying that Sarri will replicate the same as the successfully ones because he seem to be very adamant to keep doing his things. 

For me still Nuno falls into the same bracket as a young potential manager who is doing decent currently with a smaller team but it's a different ball game when you have to manage a big team. And there is no much difference between the two. 

We couldn't do worse until the end of the season if we sacked him now. He's constantly at the players mentality, he's constantly at the attitude and he's talking shite week after week.

Fire the fucker.

Our whole season is put in that one last match in Baku. With all respect to Slavia and Benfica /Frankfurt we are there even if we play like against Everton second half. PL honestly don't bother anymore. Goal before season was CL place and some trophy and we get both if we win EL. So I'm completely relaxed till May 29th.

1 minute ago, NikkiCFC said:

Our whole season is put in that one last match in Baku. With all respect to Slavia and Benfica /Frankfurt we are there even if we play like against Everton second half. PL honestly don't bother anymore. Goal before season was CL place and some trophy and we get both if we win EL. So I'm completely relaxed till May 29th.

I can only imagine this thread crashing if Sarri loses the final and we play in Europa League again next season.