Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

42 minutes ago, Mana said:

Nope, it was nowhere near the best. Why? Because if I recall, the game lasts 90 minutes, not 45 for starters.

Second, we didn't bury our chances. We couldn't put them to the sword, and we got punished.

Just because we had more of the ball, doesn't mean we dominated them.

Well it does, we beat Barca In 2012 but it doesn't change the fact they battered us pretty much the whole tie bar about ten minutes. The first half was very good outside of scoring.

That's not an excuse for losing in the end btw, we are weaker mentally than any point for years and that's down to the manager.

When you don't have leaders in your squad, then at least your manager needs to be a leader. But it looks to me more and more that he isn't, he's only a coach. The League Cup final demonstrated that the best - before penalties the players and staff were discussing and planning among themselves, while Sarri was sulking alone until he went to do a few symbolic words and claps for the cameras (I think the players didn't really give a shit what he had to say as everything was set up already). Nobody turned to him for any advice, most looked away, while City players were focused on Pep talk this entire time. 

He will set up his routine drills on training ground, but the players probably don't look to him for solutions and guidance. When they are playing, it feels like they are there on their own, just trying to get by as Sarri rarely does anything decisive to change things. Zappacosta for Azpi while trailing still haunts my mind. Sarri is not a leader nor are any of our players and it shows. With this transfer ban especially, we need somebody with authority to guide us through that time. Without a shepherd, sheep get scattered.

This is the first time i've popped my head up anywhere, since that fucking debacle yesterday.

I for the first time ever had changed my mind to giving Sarri time.

But, after a short while of watching what should I call it! 'cos it wasn't a game or a match, i said to myself watching alone ( yeah Willie no mates lol) that if we didn't go in at HT at least 2-0 up then we would get fucked.

I have now changed my mind again for the final time, Sarri is as I first thought an imbecile he needs to go and go now, the team he selected the fucking tactics if that's what he calls them where fucking useless, that defeat yesterday hurt me so bad even more than the Shitty and Boredmouth results because it meant that we could keep up in the race for fourth, I was actually gutted watching them prima donnas fuck around as clueless as the manager, the Blue souse cunts were there for the taking and he Sarri fucked it up..........so my opinion is now that SARRI HAS TO GO NOW.

My original opinion on where we would finish at the end of season would be 6th, nothing has happened to change that opinion, as for the europa cup, to win it we probably need to turn over Napoli, no fucking chance.

I am actually a bit torn regarding Sarri at the minute, i actually like what he's trying to do system wise and especially like how comfortable we are in possession and the ease we play out of danger under pressure (which were big weaknesses even in our title winning sides) but at the same time the mentality this season is awful, the first blow in a game especially away from home and we collapse, Bournemouth and Everton i thought we were excellent in every sense bar finishing in the first half but we concede early in the second and lose the plot, even at City the opening few minutes we forced a couple of mistakes and looked like we were going to give it a good shot but we concede then another 3 follow in the next 20. 

What is crucial beyond any Sarri in or out argument is we carry on with the good stuff he's implemented and build from that, none of this back to reactive pragmatism because that's part of what created this problem in the first place.

26 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

My worry is do the same old and get a new face in, then what ? Yes the players will sort themselves out a bit -for a while - then revert. The other thing is most of them would still be here then for 2019-20. 

No way England will let Holland go at the moment. He's making Southgate look good.

Circle of Chelsea.... Round and round we go on this stupid merry go round. Weeeeeeeeeee

1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

My worry is do the same old and get a new face in, then what ? Yes the players will sort themselves out a bit -for a while - then revert. The other thing is most of them would still be here then for 2019-20. 

No way England will let Holland go at the moment. He's making Southgate look good.

If he's being offered the job here they won't have a choice, even the FA aren't as heartless to deny him the opportunity of a lifetime, furthermore can't you combine being a club manager with being an assistant in the National set up? McLaren did.

10 hours ago, Jason said:

Here's another "great" squad management from Sarri. Player not at 100% but decided to start him anyway rather than start the one high on confidence after scoring a hat-trick in midweek. :doh: 

If Giroud started people would have been calling for his head lmfao. There is no comparison unfortunately for Oli who is a reasonably solid player but if he led the line every week people would be calling for Sarri to be sacked....

Also theres about 8 weeks to go of the season, why bring Steve Holland in now? Its blatently obvious the players are as big an issue as the manager. Either not commited or not good enough. Same happened under Jose and Conte. Yet when it happened the players were responsible (after a while past Joses public comments and Contes sulk) a lot more than they are now it would appear. Its hilarious we are going to have this same cycle again if Sarri was to be sacked and replaced. Some of these players are too comfortable. 

15 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

If Giroud started people would have been calling for his head lmfao. There is no comparison unfortunately for Oli who is a reasonably solid player but if he led the line every week people would be calling for Sarri to be sacked....

Who's asking for Sarri to pick Giroud every week? Higuain wasn't 100% fit. So why start him in a game that we needed to win?