Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

5 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Roman will not sell Chelsea as the club is a means to protect his assets. 

I honestly think we run a risk (I cannot place an exact percentage on it) of being seized if shit goes truly haywire with the yanks

and, far short of that, I fear he is in (as you allude to) pure asset protection/consolidation mode

which dictates (from a near sighted perspective, which is all I have seen for at least the last 5 or 6 years) no grand revamp plans and big outlays (even with offsetting sales to lower the net spend)

If CFC was a firm we (my real life business that I work for, and NO I am not the top hedge fund manager, as some trolls have tried to claim I have said I am) were looking at investing in (not buying, of that I can assure it would be a go, provide the strike price was a fair one, given a future forward stance) it would be a run run run away, hell no proposition

I'm done with Sarri. The problem with Sarri imo is very simple: he is not willing to adapt his football philosophy to the squad he is managing. The core problem of this team is in the midfield. I can't believe how some people don't realize how absurd is a midfield with Jorginho as DM and Kante playing in a more attacking position in the right side of the field. Kante is a destroyer but playing in his current he is at least two times worst than Ramires. I think every Chelsea fan will agree with that. Jorginho is pretty shitty and I don't remember a single time he recovers the ball, and thats a big flaw for a DM. So, 2 out of 3 players in the midfield are useless. The team basically don't have a proper midfield. David Luiz is the playmaker of this team and that crazy.

He must be fired and the club should just appoint the bearded fella from Wolves. He is doing a great job.

People saying we have reactionary fans, but the way I see it;

I know what Sarri wants to do takes time. And I am not pissed with losses tbh. If we end up great couple seasons from now, fine. Ill take the shit season or two. 

BUT I dont accept being sixth and still playing same shit players week in week out who obviously have no present, nevermind future at top level.

I can understand Sarri needs time, but honestly he can fuck off if he inteds to play shit players and we still lose game after game. 

Either play CHO, RLC, Christensen, Emerson etc to build for future or win games. 

Alonso is pure garbage, but he still plays him. CHO and RLC are super talented and even take chance when they play, yet they sit. Seriously fuck off because there are no excuses for that. Sorry for bad language but I want to see some fucking sense when watching the games. When CHO and RLC came on, you can at least say we might be losing but those two are getting crucial play time. They have future and if they continue to play, they develop and improve. When you see we are losing 2:0 with players like Alonso, Azpi, Barkley,...there is no bright part. No silver lining. Just shit result, shit players and nothing changes week after week. 

31 minutes ago, Henrique said:

I'm done with Sarri. The problem with Sarri imo is very simple: he is not willing to adapt his football philosophy to the squad he is managing. The core problem of this team is in the midfield. I can't believe how some people don't realize how absurd is a midfield with Jorginho as DM and Kante playing in a more attacking position in the right side of the field. Kante is a destroyer but playing in his current he is at least two times worst than Ramires. I think every Chelsea fan will agree with that. Jorginho is pretty shitty and I don't remember a single time he recovers the ball, and thats a big flaw for a DM. So, 2 out of 3 players in the midfield are useless. The team basically don't have a proper midfield. David Luiz is the playmaker of this team and that crazy.

He must be fired and the club should just appoint the bearded fella from Wolves. He is doing a great job.

Although Kante is improving in that position, there are games where he is just not effective like yesterday and we require CM who will give us more offensive and someone with mote technical quality.and when we play a team who are able to match us technically whilst also having destroyers (Everton + Gueye), makes us look extremely average. Also a huge reason we struggle to get back into games once we go behind.

People say well at least youth will develop with ban incoming, but the way things look, Sarri will keep playing Azpi, Alonso, Barkley,...hell even Drinkwater before he gives any time to James, Ampadu, CHO, RLC,....

Sarri might have this idea of Sarriball that will take time, but he can fuck off if he doesnt play youth. He literaly has the best chance any manager ever had to give them time. We got ban, we have talented youth and bunch of shite senior players. Yet since october when things turned bad, what the fuck did he do? 

This guy actualy dares to shit on players after defeat, but same dude put Alonso (who fucked up everything in everton game) in starting 11 after one good match vs shite kiev. Prior to that game he had shit game after game. Sarri just igonored that. I mean sure players get the blame for playing bad, but if you put Alonso in starting 11, you fucked up things already. You dont get to complain and blame others. 

If someone put suv wheels on a formula, driver wont win the race but I dont think anyone will blame the driver.

8 minutes ago, Stats said:

Although Kante is improving in that position, there are games where he is just not effective like yesterday and we require CM who will give us more offensive and someone with mote technical quality.and when we play a team who are able to match us technically whilst also having destroyers (Everton + Gueye), makes us look extremely average. Also a huge reason we struggle to get back into games once we go behind.

What exactly is Barkley or Kovacic role when they play? Barkley maybe pops a shot every 180min, aside of that what do they do? Circulate the ball back and forth. No offensive incentive. 

Kovacic is one of best dribblers yet I have seen him maybe 5 times in whole season to dribble past opponent lines.

Those two cant create, cant shoot, cant dribble, they aint athletes either to provide dynamic.

Then you have Sarri who keeps starting them. In the present we are losing games, so it makes no sense. Future wise, I would understand him playing those two, but Barkley isnt good enough to be our starter ever and Kovacic wont even be here next season. No idea what Sarri is thinking. This doesnt help us right now and players like Barkley, Pedro, Willian, Alonso, Azpi surely wont get any better. Yet Sarri think everyone is second coming of Messi and they just go through rough patch. And even has nerve to call them out. 

Some players are just not good enough. You cant play them and expect wonders from average players, then blame them for defeat. Thats entirely on Sarri.

7 minutes ago, Mana said:

Second half they did.

yes but can you say that the first half was one of the best game played in all season? imho yes it was 

Then this squad has the mentality of some of the fans, after missing a lot of chances they convince themselves 

that the opponent will punish them, instead of having a positive mind and continue to play 

36 minutes ago, Antonio8 said:

yes but can you say that the first half was one of the best game played in all season? imho yes it was 

Then this squad has the mentality of some of the fans, after missing a lot of chances they convince themselves 

that the opponent will punish them, instead of having a positive mind and continue to play 

i would only consider one of the best halfs if we had found the back of the goddamn net, its a very sick and frustrating trend with us, miss chance after chance and them get punished. look at the final score  2-0 to Everton and we were very lucky it didnt end in another hummiliation like Bournemouth. This squad is very weak indeed but it doesnt help at all when you have a manager who is clueless, predictable and stubborn.

26 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

i would only consider one of the best halfs if we had found the back of the goddamn net, its a very sick and frustrating trend with us, miss chance after chance and them get punished. look at the final score  2-0 to Everton and we were very lucky it didnt end in another hummiliation like Bournemouth. This squad is very weak indeed but it doesnt help at all when you have a manager who is clueless, predictable and stubborn.

they were lucky to end the first half 0-0, then yes this team is mentally weak, enable to accept negative episodes in matches like the many missed chances to score or like a gol of the opponents 

if the leader is azpilicueta, it's easy to undestand the reason of this weakness 

14 minutes ago, Antonio8 said:

they were lucky to end the first half 0-0, then yes this team is mentally weak, enable to accept negative episodes in matches like the many missed chances to score or like a gol of the opponents 

if the leader is azpilicueta, it's easy to undestand the reason of this weakness 

Would you please stop backing and finding excuse for that clueless manager that only knows how to smoke a cartoon of cigarette everyday....

10 minutes ago, Antonio8 said:

Azpi isn't a great leader, I'll give you that but if you're blaming him solely on the lack of leadership, fightback or whatever from the team, then you're essentially giving the other players a free pass for not having the spine, the balls to step up and take action when needed. Did you think our previous team succeeded simply because Terry was a great captain? No doubt he was a great captain but he also had the luck (in a good way) to play with many leaders in the team (Cech, Drogba, Lampard, Cole etc). This current team just lack the balls when the tough gets going and I'm not even sure Sarri is doing anything with his man management to try and change that. You can only blame the players' mentality for so long before the blame falls on the manager. 

Problems on the pitch aside, I have no idea how Sarri has escaped criticism for his constant excuses after bad results. His go-to excuse these days seem to be about blaming the players' mentality after every defeat, nothing about himself or the tactics. How is this any different to, say, what Mourinho used to do? You can only blame the players for so long before the buck ultimately falls on the manager. And the worst part of his stupid excuses is that Sarri keeps on saying 'he can't understand what's going on'. He's almost a season into the job, how can he not have gotten grips with the team? How can he not understand the players' mindset? Where is his man management skills? It's a fucking joke that we have a manager at a big club who is clueless in solving problems on the pitch and also clueless is solving matters off it and only knows how to make excuses!

19 minutes ago, Jason said:

Here's another "great" squad management from Sarri. Player not at 100% but decided to start him anyway rather than start the one high on confidence after scoring a hat-trick in midweek. :doh: 

lol hes simply clueless, he has to go, enough of his bullshit analysis and poor management of the squad.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Azpi isn't a great leader, I'll give you that but if you're blaming him solely on the lack of leadership, fightback or whatever from the team, then you're essentially giving the other players a free pass for not having the spine, the balls to step up and take action when needed. Did you think our previous team succeeded simply because Terry was a great captain? No doubt he was a great captain but he also had the luck (in a good way) to play with many leaders in the team (Cech, Drogba, Lampard, Cole etc). This current team just lack the balls when the tough gets going and I'm not even sure Sarri is doing anything with his man management to try and change that. You can only blame the players' mentality for so long before the blame falls on the manager. 

lambs cannot become wolves, and average players cannot become champions, but they can play as a squad and they do that until the first obstacles, then collapse

I don't know if they need a new coach or a mental therapist 

1 hour ago, eemanyooel said:

Would you please stop backing and finding excuse for that clueless manager that only knows how to smoke a cartoon of cigarette everyday....

I talk about what I see during matches, you judge starting from the result, it's a different way of talking about football