Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

1 minute ago, manpe said:

That was Hiddink's work. I'm talking about the individual's discord.

other than the Conte 1st year miracle, it has all been downhill

and anyone with a remotely fair amount of ability to look ahead could see this all coming

we are dropping faster than Abramovich's net worth and global geopolitical fortunes

fish rots from the head down

SELL THE CLUB

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

There is always a drama at this club, always. Authority from the top needs to start happening, somebody needs to start grabbing hold of the players and telling them the club is the most important thing and not their fucking egos.

I'll admit...we probably are missing those 'training ground visits' that Roman Abramovich used to give when results start going south

10 minutes ago, manpe said:

Am I the only one for whom the individual's palpable discord period was the worst ever and everything after hasn't even come close? 16th... It was horrible. It was a miserable time in my life as well, usually football used to cheer me up, it has always been one of my escape methods. But that year under Mourinho watching Chelsea made everything worse, I fucking despised it. Give me grumpy Conte or clueless Sarri any second of the day.

Yeah there seems to be a lot of rewritting of history for previous bad times to make the current days look worse, but any use of 15/16 as a favorable comparison really takes the piss, probably the biggest underperformance ever seen in football all things considered, especially in modern times.

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

other than the Conte 1st year miracle, it has all been downhill

and anyone with a remotely fair amount of ability to look ahead could see this all coming

we are dropping faster than Abramovich's net worth and global geopolitical fortunes

fish rots from the head down

SELL THE CLUB

After Conte's title it has been downhill yes, but uphill from Mourinho. If it had been only downhill then we'd be in Championship.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

Yeah there seems to be a lot of rewritting of history for previous bad times to make the current days look worse, but any use of 15/16 as a favorable comparison really takes the piss, probably the biggest underperformance ever seen all things considered, especially in modern times.

And that was a title defence too. :lol: Still I think the worst title defence in recorded history. The same thing happened during Conte's slump, lots of people popping up saying it was the worst thing ever. Nah, not even close, Conte's slump and our current state is a joy compared to that.

1 minute ago, manpe said:

After Conte's title it has been downhill yes, but uphill from Mourinho. If it had been only downhill then we'd be in Championship.

if my truly worst case scenario plays out (buried on this board somewhere) then relegation into that thuggish shit league is a remote, but still possible scenario:(

2 minutes ago, manpe said:

And that was a title defence too. :lol: Still I think the worst title defence in recorded history. The same thing happened during Conte's slump, lots of people popping up saying it was the worst thing ever. Nah, not even close, Conte's slump and our current state is a joy compared to that.

we didn't remotely have the overarching and myriad problems we have now at that point

as soon as the club is sold to a proper owner, then much of that goes away

4 minutes ago, manpe said:

It was truly unprecedented, i can't ever see such an underperformance compared to squad quality happening again.

What's so annoying about this is there's been so many glimpses of potential! They can do it. Spurs and even City till they went a bit mad at the end. However they can't do it game in game out... Or the same players can't anyway. Today first half was pretty good. Except no one put the chances away.. Again. Then came out and bam here's Everton and bam here's today's Chelsea. 

That and when things do go downhill same time subs.. Same subs... 

15 minutes ago, Vesper said:

we didn't remotely have the overarching and myriad problems we have now at that point

as soon as the club is sold to a proper owner, then much of that goes away

Politics and off the pitch drama don't have anything to do with my comparisons, only what I saw happening on the pitch. And yes the club needs to be sold.

sarri is right that our attack is awful, like they cant comprehend what they need and asked to do.

sarri is also a moron for picking the same old shit team and expecting to something else happens. 

theres nothing new to be said after another loss, same shit again for the x time only this calendar year.

thank god for the 2 weeks of break. i need that to not think and watch this god awful team. probably my least favorite chelsea team ever. 

if we doesnt win the europa leage the club should just close.

36 minutes ago, whats happening said:

if we doesnt win the europa leage the club should just close.

not close

BE SOLD

Why should we follow our massively failing owner (from £25 billion net worth in the noughties to £8 or £9 billion now, plus now is globally hunted by the West due to Trump/Putin) down the shitter???

Plus he refuses, supposedly, per multiple reports, to sell to a Brit due to his visa non-renewal.

If shit goes totally cray on the geo-political front, it wold not shock me to see us seized.

36 minutes ago, Vesper said:

not close

BE SOLD

Why should we follow our massively failing owner (from £25 billion net worth in the noughties to £8 or £9 billion now, plus now is globally hunted by the West due to Trump/Putin) down the shitter???

Plus he refuses, supposedly, per multiple reports, to sell to a Brit due to his visa non-renewal.

If shit goes totally cray on the geo-political front, it wold not shock me to see us seized.

Roman will not sell Chelsea as the club is a means to protect his assets. 

with a cooler head after that forgettable second half at everton...

Even when I myself did not like the low intensity displayed by players in the second half, I think it's largely tactical issues that are making great players look good, good players mediocre, and mediocre players look bad. That's very typical when the system is not working.

The team is unbalanced between the right and the left: one side is super defensive and offers little to nothing up front, while the other is completely exposed without cover. Even the player who could provide that cover, plays on the right side of the midfield (kante).

Because of the above unbalance, I was expecting Sarri to play a 4 defense line only on paper. Since the previous seasons showed how to better utilize the players at his disposal: Alonso close to the opposition goal and Azpi close to our goal. Yet, when I watch the team play, the defense line is fairly flat and high. This makes every counter attack a freaking nightmare.

In the end, it seems like it's the manager trying really hard to fit several round pegs in square holes... and many times over.