Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

still shocked we went to a 4 2 3 1 the last 15 minutes of the game (and scored, ffs)

energy level went way up too

we need MORE of that!

Sarri is starting to try new stuff more and more. I like it.

For example putting on RLC and CHO in a losing situation speaks volumes!

3 hours ago, Yeboii said:

If I'm being cynical, I'd say Sarri did that to make sure the crowd didn't turn like they did in the recent home game against United. 

7 hours ago, Vesper said:

still shocked we went to a 4 2 3 1 the last 15 minutes of the game (and scored, ffs)

we need MORE of that!

should have done it much sooner in the match, who knows we could have won it, thats the thing he takes too long to make those changes and by then the game is usually beyond our reach, so frustrating

18 hours ago, Vesper said:

we need MORE of that!

16 hours ago, Yeboii said:

We all have to remember what we were saying in pre season. Not many thought we would be in this sort of position now.

We might nor be firing on all cylinders but we are still fighting on 3 fronts.

Just need to get the lads to remember this and go out on the pitch angry.. Sod all the hugging in the tunnel. Pat each others bums in the showers.

3 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

We might nor be firing on all cylinders but we are still fighting on 3 fronts.

3?

We only have the EPL and the EL left

because

993c19e6bb3a1812cd121525a3e1f510.png

Now, if you mean ALL type of fronts

We actually are fighting on SIX (4 legal)

EPL

EL

FA

FIFA

CAS

Abramovich versus the UK government, along with the rest of the Western world (led by the yanks) and their allies, plus Russia itself is forcing him to sell assets

Biggest problem that I see is that, he will have to "start again" next year. The only players I see staying beyond the summer are

Gks, rbs and lbs (which is an area for updation for sure), CMs (though need a back up or 2), none of the strikers, just 2 of the wingers who are both over 30 and just not good enough to win the PL or even challenge for it.

Add to that the fact that most of the prem has already figured out a way to play against "sarri ball", it just does not make a good viewing. 

Sarri has not set the world alight, but he needed time and most importsntly, "his" players in along with keeping the best ones. He will be getting the worst of both worlds the next season.

Let's hope for the best, but the Outlook is not that great.

5 hours ago, bakayokofan said:

Biggest problem that I see is that, he will have to "start again" next year. The only players I see staying beyond the summer are

Gks, rbs and lbs (which is an area for updation for sure), CMs (though need a back up or 2), none of the strikers, just 2 of the wingers who are both over 30 and just not good enough to win the PL or even challenge for it.

Add to that the fact that most of the prem has already figured out a way to play against "sarri ball", it just does not make a good viewing. 

Sarri has not set the world alight, but he needed time and most importsntly, "his" players in along with keeping the best ones. He will be getting the worst of both worlds the next season.

Let's hope for the best, but the Outlook is not that great.

If we can't overturn the transfer ban then I am next to certain no player of even remote importance will be allowed to go anywhere.

16 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

We for sure cannot blame him for missing chances. 

Exactly people forget we had Morata emulating Torres and Giroud for the best part of the season. 

We have wasted tons of chances, whereas Wolves score with one chance. 

If we had decent fullbacks we would be even more of a threat. 

Dont get me wrong Sarri annoys me with his selections - but every manager will annoy people at some point.

I don't think he's the fraud people are making him out to be - if we had the right players and a decent striker - we could have genuinely been challenging for the league. 

I still think player power is a huge problem - they don't care about the manager as they know the next one will be along shortly. The club need to back him publicly and say it's a 3 year project. We aren't going to sign another manager with transfer bans. It's just too easy to heap all the blame on Sarri - it needs dividing up to the club, the players, us the fans and the manager IMHO

19 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

We for sure cannot blame him for missing chances. 

This is misleading stat. Chance created = a pass that leads to a shot on goal. It doesn't take quality of those chances into account.

Let's look at big chances (a situation where a player should reasonably be expected to score) missed:

Man City - 58
Man United - 47
Liverpool - 44
Chelsea - 43
Arsenal - 42
Tottenham - 42

There's no big difference between us, United, Tottenham and Arsenal.

26 minutes ago, pHaRaOn said:

This is misleading stat. Chance created = a pass that leads to a shot on goal. It doesn't take quality of those chances into account.

Let's look at big chances (a situation where a player should reasonably be expected to score) missed:

Man City - 58
Man United - 47
Liverpool - 44
Chelsea - 43
Arsenal - 42
Tottenham - 42

There's no big difference between us, United, Tottenham and Arsenal.

but the quality of the chances depends by the quality of the pass, so it's always a quality question 

the problems of this squad cannot be solved by new coaches, but by new better players  

1 hour ago, stryker1808 said:

Watched Juve beat A.Madrid. What a beast Ronaldo is. Can't remember Hazard ever doing anything like that for us. Single-handedly running the entire game, umpteen times hat trick, etc etc. Take the £100m and move on. Revamped the squad when we can but play the youth if ban remains.

And by the way, Simeone changed nothing even as the situation looked dire. Not sure he's that much of an upgrade vs Sarri

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The way Simeone set up his team to that game was absolutely pathetic. And this was against Allegri's Juve and not some Guardiola side! We've had our fair share of cowardly managers in recent times so I'd definitely try to avoid him if Sarri gets the sack. 

4 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

The way Simeone set up his team to that game was absolutely pathetic. And this was against Allegri's Juve and not some Guardiola side! We've had our fair share of cowardly managers in recent times so I'd definitely try to avoid him if Sarri gets the sack. 

I would love Allegri, but cannot see us pulling another Italian job