Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

HAVE FAITH 

Maurizio Sarri insists ‘Sarri-ball’ is here to stay at Chelsea… and Jorginho is key man

Some fans have not been impressed by Italian philosophy but Sarri isn't going to abandon principles any time soon

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8548579/chelsea-sarri-ball-jorginho-faith/

17 hours ago, Jason said:

If he doesn't? Sack him?

I think you have to have a serious discussion about his future if we don't make it back into the UCL, but we are on the first few steps along the road to recovery. It's going to be a long process. Rome wasn't built in a day, so I don't see the point in dismissing him almost instantaneously, but by the same token, we're meant to be an elite team - anything other than securing UCL football or winning a trophy should be seen as an absolute, abject failure, being honest.

It's been really unfortunate that when we've gone through our bit crap stage.. Man U have come out of theirs and taken advantage. We should've been comfy ish in 4th but dropped so many so quick... Don't think be there end of the season if fails. Though don't know who else they can get in. 

See what happens. 

Seeing some small progress. 

But I'm in with what Sarri said, it could take two seasons. 

However I do expect us to be a bit better next season. If next season with regress worse then this season then that's a problem. 

But I don't see that happening, I see us getting better for next season. Finally because we stuck with a manager and gave him time. 

"My conscience tells me that if, for example, Baker, Brown, and Solanke are not national team players in a few years, I should blame myself"- Old Liar

"It's short only for one position at the moment, because I think [Hudson-Odoi] is improving. In one, two months, he will be at the same level as the other players." -New Liar

I just found out who holds our entire transfer ban appeal in his hands and it isn't good. Of course, it HAD to be a Swede, ffs, and NOT a good one, in fact a true cunt.

He can put the ban in place even whilst we appeal and supposedly that is how he is leaning, as the previous appeals from other teams (Barca, AM, etc) were when the laws were new, and now they are settled case law as the CAS has ruled on it mutiple times.

ABOUT FIFA

THOMAS BODSTRÖM (SWE)

FIFA’s appeal committee chairman

https://www.fifa.com/about-fifa/who-we-are/news/thomas-bodstrom-swe-2895932

He is hated here by anyone who cares about privacy and civil liberties, as whilst The Minster of Justice he tried to give broad surveillance state powers to the coppers, and it didn't matter if you were even charged or suspected or anything.

We even have a term in Swedish for it 

Bodströmsamhället

(Bodström Society, like Big Brother 1984-style)

http://www.stockholmsfria.se/artikel/7413

With us at the moment I am just grateful for small mercies, we still aren't playing well and it takes a saga like the Kepa gate to sort of unify the players.

Sarri really needs now to start getting RLC starts, he's had cameo roles and looked brilliant, yet we are still persisting with an average Barkley and Kovacic who is just meh, really.

Small progress as in we finally made more than one shot on target? Against a 19th place side?
We shouldn’t be on the edge of our seats until the final whistle with Fulham. Watch other top 6 sides slap them about.
Still not convinced at all with Sarri. Sarri was lucky today that his selection and subs were just about good enough to hold out Fulham. Just.

Why is it Sarri? We had enough chances to score 4, 5 goals. Sarri did not pick Rico to save Higuain's shot.

I get it that the manager sets up the team and strategy etc. But if the players can't execute, then it's as much the players to blame. By the way, I do think exhaustion was a big factor in how we faded after 50-60mins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, Mana said:

Because Sarri went on to put on defensive-minded Kovacic, while leaving "no-impact" Barkley on until the last 10 minutes of the game. These are bad errors.

Rico was on his game, fair enough. But the way we let Fulham back in to the game in the 2nd half was abysmal. We should have been comfortable. This is Fulham, not Everton or Crystal Palace.

They are not errors, just an opinion after the fact.

ross was ‘no impact’ after the game, but the manager and the club expect him to have an impact. We lack goals from the midfield and Ross is one the few players there who can score goals.

It’s a lot easier to call it wrong after the fact. You may not agree with the reasoning, but that does not make it wrong.