Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

4 minutes ago, Mana said:

If Sarri gets sacked, I wouldn't want Poch to be our next manager. Zero trophies.

Lets be fair, Spurs could have Fergie and would still win fuck all, the mentality around the entire club is pants re winning stuff. If Pochettino came in and got us to a similar level he did Spurs the winning mentality that filters through the club and know how of the squad to win the trophy's will do the rest.

8 minutes ago, Mana said:

I don't know...after his comments after Burnley (and Chelsea) showed a defeatist attitude.

Also I question if Chelsea has a winning mentality now, and if we still do, it's not as strong as before.

The fact that a bunch of core players that have won two titles alongside getting to four other cup finals winning two (if we really push it we can put the Europa for this era aswell) are have their mentality questioned if anything proves my point about how high the winning culture is in the club.

Any other club in England would consider their players god like if the delivered that type of return in a half decade period (even with all the bullshit inbetween) where as a lot of Chelsea fans are indifferent towards this bunch, shows how high the bar is here.

I do believe with us the most important thing these days is appointing builder managers who can build a squad to get us competing because once we are the squad have the will and mentality to make that final push as they keep proving.

8 hours ago, Mana said:

Nothing beats that feeling but...

...that's where you lost me. Hell yes I'll moan about one shot on target ALL game. It's stupid to think having one shot on target is good enough! It's becoming a pattern smh

(Also I disagree that yesterday had the best 30 mins of football this season but whatever)

I didn't watch the same game as he did. We didn't dominated Spurs by any means, we can say it was an equal match, but dominating is a little off. The first 30 minutes were far from great, actually the team played a terrible first half, but did a good job in the beginning of second half.

2 hours ago, Mana said:

If Sarri gets sacked, I wouldn't want Poch to be our next manager. Zero trophies.

I think that he deserves the chance to finish the season and to be chelsea's coach 

next year, using the players that the club will buy in the market session imho 

5 hours ago, Henrique said:

I didn't watch the same game as he did. We didn't dominated Spurs by any means, we can say it was an equal match, but dominating is a little off. The first 30 minutes were far from great, actually the team played a terrible first half, but did a good job in the beginning of second half.

The game was an even game. But we did well because we have just played 120 minutes like 2/3 days before. I expect us to lose this game so getting a 2-0 result is a very good result

Does games like against City counts as Sarri having a plan B?

Also, really glad RLC was involved in last two games against big opponents. I think he deserves more chance than CHO, man waited for so long to be playing.

45 minutes ago, El P. said:

Does games like against City counts as Sarri having a plan B?

Also, really glad RLC was involved in last two games against big opponents. I think he deserves more chance than CHO, man waited for so long to be playing.

I'm still not sold on if RLC is good enough but I'd be happy to play him Sunday to give him yet abother chance to prove himself.

23 minutes ago, mccg said:

good article

if he stays I hope to hell we back him with far better players

36 minutes ago, Vesper said:

good article

if he stays I hope to hell we back him with far better players

Assuming Sarri doesn't get himself sack before the end of the season, which I don't think we will do it at this point, I'm genuinely curious to see then whether we will keep him or sack him if we don't qualify for the Champions League.

Sarri: Crisis-tested Chelsea stronger, ‘closer’, ‘more united’ after Kepa shenanigans

Not quite eeeevil shenanigans

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2019/3/2/18247334/sarri-crisis-tested-chelsea-stronger-closer-more-united-after-kepa-shenanigans

I'm totally behind this bloke right now. He's doing what he can with a squad with an horrendous attitude. He's shown he's willing to compromise and is recognising what he wants isn't quite tenable right now. If he gets us into the top four, he deserves to stay.

12 minutes ago, BlueLion. said:

I'm totally behind this bloke right now. He's doing what he can with a squad with an horrendous attitude. He's shown he's willing to compromise and is recognising what he wants isn't quite tenable right now. If he gets us into the top four, he deserves to stay.

If he doesn't? Sack him?