test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

Started by Special Juan,

3,544 posts in this topic
37 minutes ago, Jason said:

Not having Ampadu in the matchday squad today was a joke! 

yep

forced Jorginho to play (or Azpi, if Sarri would play Amps at RB)

Unionjack likes this

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Not having Ampadu in the matchday squad today was a joke! 

Dont see the fuss.... we won 5-0, Ruben played, Calum played and scored. For the 25-30 minutes Jorginho and Azpi played it would hardly of made a huge difference if it was Ampadu or someone else or those guys who came on. Weve come away with a good win on a shit pitch with 0 injuries. 

40 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Dont see the fuss.... we won 5-0, Ruben played, Calum played and scored. For the 25-30 minutes Jorginho and Azpi played it would hardly of made a huge difference if it was Ampadu or someone else or those guys who came on. Weve come away with a good win on a shit pitch with 0 injuries. 

The point is, we were already 3-0 up from the first leg and that should have been the opportunity for Sarri to play players who haven't played much this season and rest those who have, especially when he complained about the bad pitch and players feeling fatigue. Not saying he should have changed the entire team but players like Ampadu should have been in the team. Why risk and play the likes of Jorginho, Azpi even if it's for only less than 30 minutes? What if they had gotten injured? 

Unionjack likes this

33 minutes ago, Jason said:

The point is, we were already 3-0 up from the first leg and that should have been the opportunity for Sarri to play players who haven't played much this season and rest those who have, especially when he complained about the bad pitch and players feeling fatigue. Not saying he should have changed the entire team but players like Ampadu should have been in the team. Why risk and play the likes of Jorginho, Azpi even if it's for only less than 30 minutes? What if they had gotten injured? 

and he also played Kante and Rüdiger. Utter clueless selection once again. He could have easily given another youngster the chance. Sarri is not only bad for the present but also a catastrophe for the future of the club with the lack of squad development.

11Drogba and Unionjack like this

1 hour ago, Jason said:

21 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

and he also played Kante and Rüdiger. Utter clueless selection once again. He could have easily given another youngster the chance. Sarri is not only bad for the present but also a catastrophe for the future of the club with the lack of squad development.

What if they has gotten injured could occur to any of the 22 players who started for both teams and any of the subs who came on.... it was 3-0 after the first leg yea but I think Sarri was right not to throw out a hugely changed team. We need momentum running into the remainder of the season to keep on winning and playing decent. 

Ampadu could have played yes but instead of who to start with? Rudiger and Christensen have shown they are a decent partnership together and with no Luiz, Rudigers aeriel ability and physicality was needed. Kovacic played instead of Jorginho and the last time Ampadu played that number 6 role he was poor giving the ball away a lot and slowing it down too much, against much weaker opposition too. Sarri played Callum, played Ruben but is still criticized for not using young homegrown players. And Kante for me should start every match he can because he is our best midfield player comfortably and offers so much. Theres no point in complaining that Ampadu didnt play or that player x did or whatever. We won 5-0. There wasnt a lot of negatives tonight.

Miguelito and Tomo like this

14 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

What if they has gotten injured could occur to any of the 22 players who started for both teams and any of the subs who came on.... it was 3-0 after the first leg yea but I think Sarri was right not to throw out a hugely changed team. We need momentum running into the remainder of the season to keep on winning and playing decent. 

Ampadu could have played yes but instead of who to start with? Rudiger and Christensen have shown they are a decent partnership together and with no Luiz, Rudigers aeriel ability and physicality was needed. Kovacic played instead of Jorginho and the last time Ampadu played that number 6 role he was poor giving the ball away a lot and slowing it down too much, against much weaker opposition too. Sarri played Callum, played Ruben but is still criticized for not using young homegrown players. And Kante for me should start every match he can because he is our best midfield player comfortably and offers so much. Theres no point in complaining that Ampadu didnt play or that player x did or whatever. We won 5-0. There wasnt a lot of negatives tonight.

Sarri could have just left Azpi back home, for instance, and used Ampadu as back up for RB. Instead, Ampadu was nowhere to be seen and Azpi was forced to play the last half hour. It might not be a big issue but it's still poor squad management from Sarri, especially when he himself has complained about the bad pitch and players being tired etc.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Sarri could have just left Azpi back home, for instance, and used Ampadu as back up for RB. Instead, Ampadu was nowhere to be seen and Azpi was forced to play the last half hour. It might not be a big issue but it's still poor squad management from Sarri, especially when he himself has complained about the bad pitch and players being tired etc.

A man never known for rotation or using young players doesnt rotate or use a youngster ahead of a senior pro. Not really a surprise. Just being picky. Id love to see us play 4 or 5 youngsters every opportunity but its never gonna happen here realistically. Poor squad management and Chelsea goes hand in hand.

Johnnyeye and Robchels like this

6 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

A man never known for rotation or using young players doesnt rotate or use a youngster ahead of a senior pro. Not really a surprise. Just being picky. Id love to see us play 4 or 5 youngsters every opportunity but its never gonna happen here realistically. Poor squad management and Chelsea goes hand in hand.

Sarri is not the type of manager who complains about his squad or the transfer market which is exactly why Marina was so keen on getting Sarri. If we want to see youth players then we have to simply sell the experienced players. I don't think Sarri has a problem playing Reece James, RLC, CHO, Mount etc next season if they really are the best we've got for those positions. He's a coach after all who loves to work with what he has and develop his players rather than moan about lack of transfers.

16 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

A man never known for rotation or using young players doesnt rotate or use a youngster ahead of a senior pro. Not really a surprise. Just being picky. 

Just because Sarri is known for not rotating players, it doesn't mean it's okay for him to continue doing so and/or we should be okay with it. His lack of rotation is what has caused fatigue in the team and some injuries 1-2 months ago. 

16 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Id love to see us play 4 or 5 youngsters every opportunity but its never gonna happen here realistically. Poor squad management and Chelsea goes hand in hand.

Perhaps the board do a shit job in hiring managers that don't know how to fully utilize the squad properly. 

Bosnian Blue likes this

44 minutes ago, Jason said:

Just because Sarri is known for not rotating players, it doesn't mean it's okay for him to continue doing so and/or we should be okay with it. His lack of rotation is what has caused fatigue in the team and some injuries 1-2 months ago. 

Perhaps the board do a shit job in hiring managers that don't know how to fully utilize the squad properly. 

we all knew exactly what we were getting and what to expect long before Sarri came.

NOTHING he has done up to now should come as any surprise to any of us.

I'm still up for backing him 100% but with no transfer windows and the lack of support from the board in the winter I can't see it happening any time soon.

I still blame our players to a large extent for the shite we are in. Not only are they not right for this type of football but our attitude,commitment,attitude,urgency is piss poor for many many games.

I'm not saying that Ive agreed with all that Sarris done cause Ive shouted ny fool head off at some of his decisions in team selections/subs.

But Ive decided that me bitching and whining only effects my moods and doesn't make a bit of fuckin difference even if the board did give a shit what we thought. So I'm just going to TRY to SUPPORT  us even if next season we will be full of loanees amd 30+'s

58 minutes ago, Jason said:

Perhaps the board is just SHITE in general.

They are fuckin useless at supporting managers of late. If they had backed Conte we wouldn't have been moaning about Sarri.

And if they had backed Sarri we wouldn't be moaning about our next manager to go thru the revolving managers doors

22 hours ago, Unionjack said:

we all knew exactly what we were getting and what to expect long before Sarri came.

NOTHING he has done up to now should come as any surprise to any of us.

I'm still up for backing him 100% but with no transfer windows and the lack of support from the board in the winter I can't see it happening any time soon.

I still blame our players to a large extent for the shite we are in. Not only are they not right for this type of football but our attitude,commitment,attitude,urgency is piss poor for many many games.

I'm not saying that Ive agreed with all that Sarris done cause Ive shouted ny fool head off at some of his decisions in team selections/subs.

But Ive decided that me bitching and whining only effects my moods and doesn't make a bit of fuckin difference even if the board did give a shit what we thought. So I'm just going to TRY to SUPPORT  us even if next season we will be full of loanees amd 30+'s

Well said mate.

My feelings exactly.

Unionjack likes this

10 hours ago, Jason said:

Sack Sarri. Hire Nuno Espirito Santo. 

You're joking aint ya.

What after everyone screamed for attacking football after Mourinho and Conte, you want to go back to that defensive shit. 

Watching both the  our home game and the cup game yesterday, they bored me shitless, the only pleasing thing was that Manure got beat.

12 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

Sarri is just too naive for his own good, can see us drop points with that silly team selection of his

What's so silly in that line-up?

At the risk of sounding like a hypocrite,

I wish Conte had stayed for another season..

Only because he would have cleared the deck with the likes of those who are just sticking on like parasites.

And Sarri....I want to give him a chance, but he keeps shooting himself in the foot. Made the game all about effing Barkley by starting him, and restores his beloved son Alonso back to the lineup.

Be prepared to see the same miserable line up should we make it to the Europa league finals.

Also, can't be bothered to tweak his system to adjust to what could work. Higuain one of the best attackers today, but takes him off so that his bloody system won't be compromised. 

The squad needs to be revamped, but I don't feel comfortable with him being in charge of that.

9 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

You're joking aint ya.

What after everyone screamed for attacking football after Mourinho and Conte, you want to go back to that defensive shit. 

Watching both the  our home game and the cup game yesterday, they bored me shitless, the only pleasing thing was that Manure got beat.

I'm not sure this counts as attacking football though