Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

Kepa has been fined for what happened on Sunday, which is fair enough, but shouldn't Sarri have been fined as well? Like, I can understand his anger then but he's the manager and he almost walked out on the team and later derailed the team's preparation for the shootout. If Kepa's expected to behave better, then was Sarri's really acceptable for someone who's supposed to be leading the club? 

Well his fine going forward would be the boot ... so lets chill, Sarri has much more to lose :)

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Kepa has been fined for what happened on Sunday, which is fair enough, but shouldn't Sarri have been fined as well? Like, I can understand his anger then but he's the manager and he almost walked out on the team and later derailed the team's preparation for the shootout. If Kepa's expected to behave better, then was Sarri's really acceptable for someone who's supposed to be leading the club? 

Just support the manager please Jason :P

11 hours ago, Jason said:

More lazy journalism, surprised he didn't blame it on Kante playing too far forward. 

14 hours ago, Jason said:

Exactly and to think so many went "I've never seen anything like it before"! There's Messi and then there's Luiz with PSG in 2016...

I just want to say: david luiz, and laurent blanc ...stay away from chelsea   

14 hours ago, Jason said:

Mancini and Pellegrini with Man City.

Moyes, Van Gaal and Mourinho with Man United.

AVB, Sherwood with Spurs.

Rodgers at Liverpool. 

Who got the blame when things were bad at those clubs? The manager. But at Chelsea? It's all about the players. 

what are you talking about? especially for the last of these cases it's completely false that united players weren't criticized 

at least in italy, but also in england (I remember scholes interviews about pogba with a frequence of two per day for example :ph34r:

besides, the chants f** sarriball are not dedicated to the players and also the boos for jorginho (to hit sarri) while others are untouchable 

depite their love declaration for other clubs 

3 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

More lazy journalism, surprised he didn't blame it on Kante playing too far forward. 

Surprised some on here didn't bud!

So much shit being heaped on Sarri hardly owt said about that we actually didn't play too bad. AND the Wee Baldy Man got forward without Jorgi needing a minder. I was pleasantly shocked to be truthful

Lets hope the players are pumped up to kick these north Londoners around London.

2 hours ago, Antonio8 said:

I just want to say: david luiz, and laurent blanc ...stay away from chelsea   

Forgot all about that.

You could see Luiz telling Arri summet with his hand over his mouth so they knew exactly what was occurring.

Rudi has been mentioned a few times saying he was calming Sarri down on the pitch and in dressing room when he was shouting at Arri.

“After this match I have to say that I am sure, because they played exactly what I asked, today I am proud of my players,” Sarri told Sky Sports after the Wembley defeat when quizzed about his players’ faith in him.

“I think we are improving, we have improved a lot [last three matches]. Today we showed to everyone we could become a very solid team, because we conceded nothing to our opponents, and against Man City that is not easy.”

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

pSurprised some on here didn't bud!

So much shit being heaped on Sarri hardly owt said about that we actually didn't play too bad. AND the Wee Baldy Man got forward without Jorgi needing a minder. I was pleasantly shocked to be truthful

Lets hope the players are pumped up to kick these north Londoners around London.

Yup, that could be a watershed game for Sarri.

The Kepa soap opera should have run its course after that game, until he's sacked. Then the media will look back at his tenure and keep mentioning 

the 'Kepa incident, undermining his authority'. Oh well keep red supporting 'journos' in jobs I suppose...

8 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Yup, that could be a watershed game for Sarri.

The Kepa soap opera should have run its course after that game, until he's sacked. Then the media will look back at his tenure and keep mentioning 

the 'Kepa incident, undermining his authority'. Oh well keep red supporting 'journos' in jobs I suppose...

I'm one of these sad gits hoping the board gets behind Sarri and they buy him some good attacking players.

Hes only had 1 player and theres no way ANYONE could have turned a defending minded team into what sarri wants with 1 new player. Not even the oh so wonderful Pep!

Give him some proper players. Get rid of all the 1 year contracts and deadwood.

Then if he doesn't get results we would at least have some good players for the next participant in the great Chelsea manager hunt.

We did do better on Sunday but no shots on target (or 1) in 120 mins is still garbage in the grand scheme of things.  I think a one off cup final, being brutally honest, is not when you judge to back or sack a manager.  Neither is Malmo. 

I'll wait until tomorrow's lineup to see if he has learned anything from it

Tomorrow is THE one, Spurs home. Lose that, or any crowd angst and itll be tough to survive.  Win, and a corner could be turned

14 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I'm one of these sad gits hoping the board gets behind Sarri and they buy him some good attacking players.

Hes only had 1 player and theres no way ANYONE could have turned a defending minded team into what sarri wants with 1 new player. Not even the oh so wonderful Pep!

Give him some proper players. Get rid of all the 1 year contracts and deadwood.

Then if he doesn't get results we would at least have some good players for the next participant in the great Chelsea manager hunt.

Well then I'm a sad git as well UJ, agree with that.

I think theres a bit of a tragedy in that Sarri lacks a bit of confidence, and patience will run out before he has a chance of a decent go at the job.

9 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Well then I'm a sad git as well UJ, agree with that.

I think theres a bit of a tragedy in that Sarri lacks a bit of confidence, and patience will run out before he has a chance of a decent go at the job.

I cant say I agree or understand some of his team selections and substitutions but his overall idea is good. We just lack some good players to make it work.

Just as we did with Conte.

21 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

After Emerson's display it really is going to be interesting to see if he starts him tomorrow. There is no reason to drop him at all.

i can see alonso playing since emerson played 210 minutes in one week.

Matt Law's Chelsea briefing tmg_smt_glyph_sport.png

Just as you thought Sarri's reign couldn't get any more bizarre...

By Matt Law Football News Correspondent

Sarri

Sarri hasn't done himself any favours (credit: David Klein/Reuters)

It is not just Chelsea’s on-pitch problems and mutinous players and fans that have pushed Maurizio Sarri to the brink of being sacked.

Sarri has found himself undermined by supporters who chanted “f--- Sarri-ball”and Kepa Arrizabalaga’s refusal to be substituted in the Carabao Cup final penalty shootout defeat to Manchester City.

But there is also a sense that Sarri has not helped himself in the way he has responded to different situations and the image he has portrayed.

There was the very obvious public criticism of his players, following the defeat to Arsenal, but there have been other issues that have not been well received.

Having completed his media duties after the 1-0 Carabao Cup semi-final first-leg defeat to Tottenham Hotspur at Wembley, Sarri returned to the television cameras with a computer.

With surprised reporters ready to pack up, Sarri opened the laptop to show them video replays Chelsea had watched that he believed suggested VAR had got it wrong to allow Harry Kane’s penalty to stand despite appeals for offside in the build-up.

Sarri may have thought he had a point, but taking the video analyst’s laptop to the cameras was not seen as befitting for a top-class coach and gave the impression he was grasping at a conspiracy theory.

The 60-year-old’s eagerness to return to the television cameras after the Spurs defeat in January was in many ways ironic, given he has otherwise refused to engage with Sky Television and BT Sport apart from where absolutely necessary.

Whereas a number of managers will give Sky and BT one-on-one access as part of their rights package, Sarri has largely only spoken to the broadcasters in open pre or post-match press conferences.

That has caused issues for Chelsea staff, who have had to placate frustrated producers by putting players up in front of television cameras to talk, particularly as Sarri has taken time to speak to Sky Italia.

It was during an interview with the broadcaster from his home country that Sarri joked he would be happy to hear from owner Roman Abramovich because the Chelsea owner is never in touch.

The comment created a number of headlines, both in Italy and in England, and Sarri was later forced to try to explain it away.

Sarri blundered in front of the English press when he claimed not to know anything about the signing of Christian Pulisic from Borussia Dortmund, leading to questions regarding the club’s approach to the transfer market.

And he also name-checked director Marina Granovskaia on several occasions during the January transfer window to make it clear who was in charge of incomings and outgoings amid supporter frustration.

While many of his rivals have fine-tuned their public personas, Sarri has not been as slick. Chewing cigarette butts on the touchline and smoking while watching training is not a look appreciated by everybody.

And that rough-around-the-edges image was never more in evidence than at Wembley, when Sarri could not hide his rage when Kepa refused to be replaced by Willy Caballero.

Many inside Wembley felt sorry for Sarri as his instructions were ignored, but, as the dust settled, there was a view that he had made the situation worse with his handling of it in front of the watching world.

And just as it seemed Sarri’s reign could not get any more bizarre, he joked with an Italian journalist at the end of the pre-match press conference that he had said “condone” and not “condom” when discussing Kepa’s antics.

Sarri left the room chuckling, but one senses Abramovich has not found
the seven months of Sarri’s reign quite so amusing.