Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

3 minutes ago, Mana said:

You say that but...

Does this include Jorginho as well or...?

If there was any tension between Sarri and the players, he just made it worse today.

Who cares as long as people realize what the problem has always been. 

And we will only know in the coming weeks how the board and then the fans react. 

5 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Good I hope he stays and the board back him. 

If anything this might have saved his job because now the board and the fans will realize it's the players (hopefully) and not him and will let him work on fine. 

People keep on blaming the players...maybe the question should be, why has a manager not gotten a proper hold over this squad? It's ironic that people complain we lack leaders, characters etc like in the past but then think this leader-less, character-less team can turn it on against the manager. If Sarri has the squad under control, that incident earlier wouldn't have happened the way it did. 

Just now, Jason said:

People keep on blaming the players...maybe the question should be, why has a manager not gotten a proper hold over this squad? It's ironic that people complain we lack leaders, characters etc like in the past but then think this leader-less, character-less team can turn it on against the manager. If Sarri has the squad under control, that incident earlier wouldn't have happened the way it did. 

Because no manager in the past has. 

If Mourinho and Conte couldn't, no one will. 

Well maybe simeone but that's a different story. 

Just now, Fernando said:

Because no manager in the past has. 

If Mourinho and Conte couldn't, no one will. 

Well maybe simeone but that's a different story. 

People can't complain about Mourinho's and Conte's combustible management style and then later moan if/when players have some sort of reaction against it. 

1 minute ago, Mana said:

But does this include Jorginho? Because he is just as bad as the rest. And who brought Jorginho in to the club?

It makes you wonder...a bit though. Does Willian and Alonso behind closed doors force Sarri to choose them or something?

Who cares about who he chooses, we always have those debate with any manager. Every manager we had always chose a player we dislike.

But the overall problem of how the team can turn on and off is the issue. 

Just seen it again, it appears he was having a go at Caballero because as he was punching the chair and walking towards the tunnel Willy was walking back down with his arms out as in to say "what have I done?".

Today didnt fill me with any more confidence that he has total backing of the team.  I think they played better today because they arent being overloaded with his tactical instructions, and played a system theyve played many a time, even prior Sarri.  They knew what to do.   Wednesday we will be back to turgid shite again unless he plays a similar kind of game as today

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Just seen it again, it appears he was having a go at Caballero because as he was punching the chair and walking towards the tunnel Willy was walking back down with his arms out as in to say "what have I done?".

because willy wanted to come in...

Sarri seems a nice bloke, possibly with a good football head on his shoulders.   But we aren't the club for him to show that.

You kind of hope it'd work, after he has shown today (albeit not totally on his own accord imo) that he will adapt given the chance.  but that Kepa incident just smacked of someone giving the manager a big FUCK YOU on global Tv.   

wouldn't be surprised if Kepa knows Sarri is off and gives zero fucks

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/2/24/kepa-arrizabalaga-explains-his-refusal-of-maurizio-sarri-s-subst?cardIndex=0-0

‘First of all, I have to say it was misunderstood,’ said the goalkeeper. ‘In no moment was it my intention to disobey, or anything like that with the boss. Just that it was misunderstood, because I had been attended to by the medics twice, and he thought that I wasn’t in condition to continue. It was two or three minutes of confusion until the medics got to the bench, and they explained everything well.

‘This was nothing to do with the problems I had this week, with [hamstring] it wasn’t that. And, well, it was misunderstood. Because he thought I couldn’t continue, and - fundamentally - I was trying to say that physically I was fine.

‘I know if you see it from outside, I don’t know how it went out, it is not the best image. I have spoken with the boss. I think it was misunderstood. I understand that on television, on social media, they’re talking about this but I am here to explain it, to say that it wasn’t my intention to go against the manager. We have spoken now, and I was only trying to say I’m fine. He thought I wasn’t fine.

‘I don’t think it has to be the major act of this final. I understand we played a good level against one of the best teams in the world. We were close to winning, obviously we’re sad that we didn’t, and I think the team needs to continue playing like this, because today we’ve shown we can compete against the best teams. Among the negatives, we have to take the positives.’

Moving on from the match,..

I really wish the board/Sarri had invested in a full-back and possible a better CB. Especially since it was known that we were shifting to a back 4.

Emerson might be able to do a job for now, but we probably need something better for later seasons.