Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

55 minutes ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

If we lose Sunday and he is still here for Spurs.  Then we can just forget any chance of him getting the boot

34 minutes ago, BlueLion. said:

It's going to take two heavy defeats vs City and Spurs for him to go. 

I read a theory on Reddit that we are doing what United did and waiting for the big games to clear then will sack him to give the new man/interim an nice looking schedule to build new momentum.

Lately Sarri has started to look like a rabbit caught in the headlights. Seems totally bemused as to why his system wont work in England. Is too stubborn to admit its failing. When he's talking to the press he seems to display a sense of arrogance, thus blaming the players for not following his instructions on the pitch, but then proceeds to pick the very same players for the next game!! If they dont follow your instructions then DROP them..Simple

Showing way to much loyalty to a number of players who will eventually cost him his job.

Its sad to see the current state of the club. A disaster of manager doesn't getting the sack while there still is time to save the season, it will be just like last season: instead of sacking Conte before the start of the season, they kept a dead man walking in charge for one entire season, while fucking the season in the process.

41 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Now he blames Kante for being slow in transition. 

He will singlehandedly drive all of our best or promising players out of the club.

Tbf hes right in that regard about Kante. We get through to the final third then everything breaks down. His style isnt completely not there but in the final third its shockingly predictable. If Napoli can play better offensively with guys like Mertens, Callejon, Milik, it really baffles me why Hazard etc cannot do better. 

17 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

Well Sarri has been saying this since day 1 hence why he's playing Jorginho there

Sure but he sounds as if Kante is one of key problems man. He is pointing that Kante is technicaly weak, but never says a thing about Alonso being absolute dogshit in defending. 

Back then the comments made some sense, now he is just picking the worst possible excuses for the situation.

Sarri looks like manager that solves one problem by creating 5 new problems.

5 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Sure but he sounds as if Kante is one of key problems man. He is pointing that Kante is technicaly weak, but never says a thing about Alonso being absolute dogshit in defending. 

Back then the comments made some sense, now he is just picking the worst possible excuses for the situation.

Sarri looks like manager that solves one problem by creating 5 new problems.

Come on, Sarri is just responding to constant questions form the media about this Kante/jorginho thing. Jorginho has been the scapegoat for most pundits and people are acting as if Kante is being screwed over. He is not saying anything against Kante as a player.  It is simply that he does not fit that position for Sarri's style. That is clearly true too. Kante doesn't move the ball near as quick as jorg. He is a different player. Sarri isn't blaming Kante for anything. He is saying his style suits a particularly position better than another. 

What's wrong with that? Nothing. People are looking for anything to jump on to Sarri for. 

I would argue that Kante has improved tremendously as a player this season, and a lot of that is thanks to Sarri.  

3 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Tbf hes right in that regard about Kante. We get through to the final third then everything breaks down. His style isnt completely not there but in the final third its shockingly predictable. If Napoli can play better offensively with guys like Mertens, Callejon, Milik, it really baffles me why Hazard etc cannot do better. 

Kante puts better shift forward than Kovacic, Jorginho and Barkley combined. He is nowhere near maestro when it comes to passing, creating or shooting on target, but compared to those three, he looks like socond coming of Zidane. 

I have never seen such passive performances by midfielders like those three. All they know is pass sideways and simple stuff. No one shoots on target, makes through balls, dribbles past the lines etc. Kante isnt great either, but still decent. 

Its disgrace that Sarri wants Kante to be something he is not and then blame him, meanwhile his boys Jorginho, Kovacic, Barkley get instructions to rotate the ball with side passing until game is done and get away when they are infact creative midfielders and especialy Kova and Barkley should break the lines with dribbles and then create chances, yet they dont.

Man doesnt know what he is doing. He has his picture in head that his RM should be this, his LM should be that etc...and he doesnt have tactical ability to switch those roles. He will rather force entire squad to play positions they are not great at/used to instead of adopting to the players at disposal. 

And the excuses are getting pathetic. Fuck off if he thinks Kante isnt Xavi. He is DM and Sarri put him in new position, because he prefers Jorginho to be in holding spot. Everyone understands that. But if that doesnt work, its on Sarri, not Kante being techincaly limited. 

You dont put Messi in CB spot and then complain he is too short. 

Because at the end of the day, Kante is absolute quality player, its Sarri who is lacking.

3 minutes ago, Miguelito said:

Come on, Sarri is just responding to constant questions form the media about this Kante/jorginho thing. Jorginho has been the scapegoat for most pundits and people are acting as if Kante is being screwed over. He is not saying anything against Kante as a player.  It is simply that he does not fit that position for Sarri's style. That is clearly true too. Kante doesn't move the ball near as quick as jorg. He is a different player. Sarri isn't blaming Kante for anything. He is saying his style suits a particularly position better than another. 

What's wrong with that? Nothing. People are looking for anything to jump on to Sarri for. 

I would argue that Kante has improved tremendously as a player this season, and a lot of that is thanks to Sarri.  

He is picking the wrong words, thats a problem.

Kante as you said has done everything to fit that role, yet Sarri constantly finds to point out his weaknesses when questioned. Meanwhile they ask about our fullbacks and he goes on praises about Alonso. Seriously? 

Bottom line I dont care if our DM is Jorginho, Kante or Kepa. Just make it work. But stop shitting on players when its clear that his system is lacking any tactical versatility. 

Id defend Sarri like I did when most already gave up, but when he makes same sub game after game, doesnt pick CHO (and Im not saying he is gonna be great, but he should get couple of games still), then I cant defend him anymore. He lost my support last week. 

Now I want him to deliver or he can leave. He clearly doesnt give a shit about our youth which at this point in such shit season should be priority to develop a player or two.

Goes on how important CHO is and then he doesnt play him at all. Wtf? How can you defend what he says when he talks bs like this.

Any sane manager would drop Alonso even if they have to play RW in LB spot. Thats how shit he is. Yet Sarri will keep playing him until the end of season, we can bet on that. Its as predictable as Kovacic-Barkley sub. 

And I wont even go into the fact that he never brings extra attacker when we are behind, which every attacking manager that wants to win would. Crazy. 

8 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Kante puts better shift forward than Kovacic, Jorginho and Barkley combined. He is nowhere near maestro when it comes to passing, creating or shooting on target, but compared to those three, he looks like socond coming of Zidane. 

I have never seen such passive performances by midfielders like those three. All they know is pass sideways and simple stuff. No one shoots on target, makes through balls, dribbles past the lines etc. Kante isnt great either, but still decent. 

Its disgrace that Sarri wants Kante to be something he is not and then blame him, meanwhile his boys Jorginho, Kovacic, Barkley get instructions to rotate the ball with side passing until game is done and get away when they are infact creative midfielders and especialy Kova and Barkley should break the lines with dribbles and then create chances, yet they dont.

Man doesnt know what he is doing. He has his picture in head that his RM should be this, his LM should be that etc...and he doesnt have tactical ability to switch those roles. He will rather force entire squad to play positions they are not great at/used to instead of adopting to the players at disposal. 

And the excuses are getting pathetic. Fuck off if he thinks Kante isnt Xavi. He is DM and Sarri put him in new position, because he prefers Jorginho to be in holding spot. Everyone understands that. But if that doesnt work, its on Sarri, not Kante being techincaly limited. 

You dont put Messi in CB spot and then complain he is too short. 

Because at the end of the day, Kante is absolute quality player, its Sarri who is lacking.

I think the point he's making is at this moment in time kante is not an attacking CM, but to play the way sarri wants you need technically gifted passers of the ball to play the one touch passing. BUT we dont have them players in CM except jorgi we don't have to full backs for this style either.... U can see jorgi getting angry cos there is no movement in front of him no wonder he never gets assists. Even hazard to some extent is not built to play the way sarri wants. Hazard like to run take on players, willian is the same, the one touch passing comes to a complete stop as soon as we get into the attacking third, u can criticise sarri all u want but the bottom line is our players are NOT good enough to play attacking one touch football, I'd rather give sarri 3 years to build a team, get rid of the dead wood and stop this merry go round of managers and shit players that fill gaps.

20 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Kante as you said has done everything to fit that role, yet Sarri constantly finds to point out his weaknesses when questioned. Meanwhile they ask about our fullbacks and he goes on praises about Alonso. Seriously? 

Bottom line I dont care if our DM is Jorginho, Kante or Kepa. Just make it work. But stop shitting on players when its clear that his system is lacking any tactical versatility. 

Id defend Sarri like I did when most already gave up, but when he makes same sub game after game, doesnt pick CHO (and Im not saying he is gonna be great, but he should get couple of games still), then I cant defend him anymore. He lost my support last week. 

Now I want him to deliver or he can leave. He clearly doesnt give a shit about our youth which at this point in such shit season should be priority to develop a player or two.

Goes on how important CHO is and then he doesnt play him at all. Wtf? How can you defend what he says when he talks bs like this.

Any sane manager would drop Alonso even if they have to play RW in LB spot. Thats how shit he is. Yet Sarri will keep playing him until the end of season, we can bet on that. Its as predictable as Kovacic-Barkley sub. 

And I wont even go into the fact that he never brings extra attacker when we are behind, which every attacking manager that wants to win would. Crazy. 

This is what I mean when I say that people are looking for anything to jump on Sarri for. I wasn't debating about these other aspects of Sarri, and I'm not defending whether he should still have a job or not. I wasn't responding at all to his job as a whole. But then you bring in his job as whole. That's not the point. That is confirmation bias. Where one thing happens and you interpret it to confirm an already existing belief. And your belief is clearly Sarri needs to go. So you interpreted his words as saying that Kante isn't good enough and that he is shitting on him. This is confirmation that Sarri should go.

But Sarri isn't shitting on Kante in any way. He was asked about playing him in a certain role, and Sarri responded professionally (saying the things he's said since the beginning). That it depends on the way you are playing football, and his way, Kante does not fit there. It is not a criticism. He isn't saying he's poor, just that he isn't suited. It's like saying Higuain isn't suited to play as a striker.  It's not a criticism.

I'm not defending Sarri's tactics or lack of flexibility or the fact that CHO hasn't played or that Alonso is still somehow getting games. It's embarrassing how he handled things. But it doesn't help to try to take every single thing he says and does as another reason to sack him. What he said about Kante today was not bad. He was simply responding to a question.  

Yes! That's driving me nuts! [emoji2959]

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

I think the point he's making is at this moment in time kante is not an attacking CM, but to play the way sarri wants you need technically gifted passers of the ball to play the one touch passing. BUT we dont have them players in CM except jorgi we don't have to full backs for this style either.... U can see jorgi getting angry cos there is no movement in front of him no wonder he never gets assists. Even hazard to some extent is not built to play the way sarri wants. Hazard like to run take on players, willian is the same, the one touch passing comes to a complete stop as soon as we get into the attacking third, u can criticise sarri all u want but the bottom line is our players are NOT good enough to play attacking one touch football, I'd rather give sarri 3 years to build a team, get rid of the dead wood and stop this merry go round of managers and shit players that fill gaps.

Managers have always and will always adapt to the players they have. Sure you can buy few but you wont buy entire squad (except for City). 

We wont (shouldnt) ditch Kante and Hazard and 5 other players just to suit a manager with no plan B. 

You have Kante in your squad, you have Hazard in your squad. Adapt and make the best out of both. 

40 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

At no point was Sarri "shitting on Kante". He simply answered the question and defended his choice to play Jorginho as the deep lying midfielder by pointing out that Kante doesn't have the characteristics to play that role in his system and that's why he's playing in another role. Whether you agree with his opinion is another thing but certainly he wasn't blaming Kante here.

2 hours ago, Robchels said:

That’s just an obsession with a player who is simply not that important in the grand scheme of things.

The silly part is regardless what how one rates Alonso, pinning down everything on a left back makes no sense, and tactics should cover for his defensive shortcomings - the last part is a fact.

I’ve seen plenty of successful teams win big with far weaker players on their squad (even CL ;) ). And not even with one who not long ago actually had MoTM performances.

we are not going to agree on this - I was hoping to move the discussion into tactics, but I guess it’s just hard around here.

You obviously know little of my postings if you think that I only blame that fraud Alonso.

18 minutes ago, LDN Blue said:

The thread I've been avoiding the most..

So.. Anyone here still Sarri in?

I do, for the same reason I wanted to keep Conte. 

We need to get rid of many players and build on the managers identity. 

It was much easier with Conte because we are build for that, with Sarri much harder and expected to be like this. Even hard results to take it was something expected as well on my part.