Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

Hudson-Higuain-Pedro

Hazard

Jorginho-Kante

Emerson-Luiz-Rudiger-Zappa

PLS Sarri. See the light already.

It's not like this 4-3-3 is his number one formation through his career. He came to Napoli with his Empoli 4-3-1-2 and tried to force it only to realize that he didn't have the players to execute that formation. He should have realized by now that he doesn't have the players to execute 4-3-3 at Chelsea and finally try something different with different players. Sigh

He keeps talking about time and not much time to train due to games etc, this isn't a brand new problem it's months old.

If he wasn't going to change weeks back he isn't now. He has stated it's a player mentality issue and it's not the system, so he's going to continue with the system and trying to brainwash them.

He's fucking thicker than a castle wall.

1 minute ago, !Hazard! said:

Hudson-Higuain-Pedro

Hazard

Jorginho-Kante

Emerson-Luiz-Rudiger-Zappa

PLS Sarri. See the light already.

It's not like this 4-3-3 is his number one formation through his career. He came to Napoli with his Empoli 4-3-1-2 and tried to force it only to realize that he didn't have the players to execute that formation. He should have realized by now that he doesn't have the players to execute 4-3-3 at Chelsea and finally try something different with different players. Sigh

I'd drop Jorgy and play Barkley on the right hand side of Kante, he is another player playing out of position and wrong side his stronger foot is his right. Might as well drop Pedro and play Giroud fun fun fun 

Higuain-       Giroud

Hazard                              Hudson

Kante-Barkley

Emerson-Christensen-Rudiger-Zappa

8 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

He keeps talking about time and not much time to train due to games etc, this isn't a brand new problem it's months old.

If he wasn't going to change weeks back he isn't now. He has stated it's a player mentality issue and it's not the system, so he's going to continue with the system and trying to brainwash them.

He's fucking thicker than a castle wall.

I would say its years old, the more successful you are the more games you play(how any games have m.city played?!) , alas the squad should have been sorted for that. letting Fabregas go in January was criminal and not using him more ditto, hindsight may prove how critical this season that was.

There is definitely something missing from the 1st teams training. They need to spend a lot of time with some expensive team builder who takes departments from big corporations and gets them to trust each other and work together.

Ive just spent some time looking at how our youth and womens teams are doing and all of the players interviews I read mentioned how they played for each other and how they felt like members of their family.

Our lads haven't played like a team in a few months. Theres still lots to play for but they need to change their whole attitudes.

29 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

There is definitely something missing from the 1st teams training. They need to spend a lot of time with some expensive team builder who takes departments from big corporations and gets them to trust each other and work together.

Ive just spent some time looking at how our youth and womens teams are doing and all of the players interviews I read mentioned how they played for each other and how they felt like members of their family.

Our lads haven't played like a team in a few months. Theres still lots to play for but they need to change their whole attitudes.

what those cunts need is a proper hiding, make them understand once and for all what it means to wear the Chelsea blue and to honour the badge, even that might not be enough and we clearly need to offload deadwood. Cheers mate

42 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

what those cunts need is a proper hiding, make them understand once and for all what it means to wear the Chelsea blue and to honour the badge, even that might not be enough and we clearly need to offload deadwood. Cheers mate

Bolloking players only makes a difference if they care what you are saying to them.

They obviously dont give a toss as Eden himself has said.

There is some fundamental flaw in the way they are treated or trained.

I'm all for us being carefree but not 100% of the time.

8 hours ago, Vesper said:

The only thing silly is that they are passed off as good enough to be starting. They aren't.  And Alonso WAS a complete product of a system and a position, ie. wingback.

He is unbelievably SHIT as a traditional fullback. Joke of a board to renew his arse, and Sarri showed his utter cluelessness when he called the wanker close to, if not the best, left back in Europe.

Azpi is ground down, his main reason for playing (superb defence) has poofed overall. He has deffo lost a step and is showing the effects of 4000 to 4700 minutes per season for last 5 years.

Maybe he can slide over to a reserve CB, or a RCB in a back three, but he has to be upgraded upon at RB, regardless of who is the manager. He is soon 30, and almost all fullbacks fall off the cliff when they hit that age. Look at the now turgid Marcelo (not that he was ever more that a glorified extra winger, his defence was pathetic overall.)

That’s just an obsession with a player who is simply not that important in the grand scheme of things.

The silly part is regardless what how one rates Alonso, pinning down everything on a left back makes no sense, and tactics should cover for his defensive shortcomings - the last part is a fact.

I’ve seen plenty of successful teams win big with far weaker players on their squad (even CL ;) ). And not even with one who not long ago actually had MoTM performances.

we are not going to agree on this - I was hoping to move the discussion into tactics, but I guess it’s just hard around here.

1 minute ago, BlueLion. said:

It's going to take two heavy defeats vs City and Spurs for him to go. 

Fuck that then I'd rather he stays then if thats the case,

Hes made some wrong team selections and strange subs but we can't put all the shit we are in on his head.

The teams hes picked - even Alonso SHOULD be able to make a better account of themselves.

The PLAYERS are playing like school kids. They  don;t seem to be able to remember their basic footballing skills.

We all know Romans going to sack him and yeah we know Sarris out of his depth but tell me guys can you honestly tell me without laughing any other manager coming in with this lot could do better right now?