Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Given the way our board work, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of Marina and co. not doing their homework before appointing Sarri. They probably just thought "OH, he plays the football that we want. Let's hire him!". If they had done their due diligence, they would have foreseen the issues caused by Sarri happening and stayed away from him. 

There is zero chance Marina is even capable of that. 

She is all business, I realy doubt she has any skill to actualy run a football club aside from financial department.

Creating a vision, 3 year plan, hire people with football knowledge, select a proper manager, create a team by buying 3-4 players every summer etc. I honestly dont think she is capable of doing that.

Its like putting car wheels on formula. Sure you will get formula to drive, but there wont be any results. She is business woman and knows how to run this club, but we wont get results.

IMO she is the extended Roman hand, yes woman that does everything he says. And everything he says, she cant counter it because she knows jack shit about football. Kenyon had skill and he definately shaped Romans final decisions. Marina doesnt.

And now with Roman not able to enter UK, there is no chance he will ditch her for someone he doesnt know.

38 minutes ago, Rmpr said:

Hello Jason. I still hate cats more than Sarri just so you know... 

Shhhh another admin of this forum is on her period and does tolerate off topic!!! And never forget, she 'has permission'.

3 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Actually it was easy to say before too.  Some poeple on here actually called that Sarri would be a flop early. And the reasons I gave sometime in spring 2018 were the same as they are now. Not a proven winner, not good enough and too old to change.

And your point stands, our players are good enough to be better than what we are seeing. But I don't think it is all on them either. It is not a straight refusal to turn up like in Mourinho 2.0 when they just lost the easiest games. They lose whenever the opposition is better organised which is usually the case cos whatever Sarri asks from them they are either incapale of doing it or it just does not work. And the fact that SArri keeps insisting without changing one bit jsut shows what a poor coach he is. And the thing is, they are not doing anything different than they did early in the season when everything is well it is just teams have adapted but Sarri does not see this. He jsut sees players are failing so it mus be them not being able to execute his oh so brilliant instructions. 

Our best games in the last few months was vs tottenham at home. We had the luck to score first with some individual brilliance but this was not sarriball. We were far too direct and relying a lot on classic wing play. And that is what summarizes it. We are and always will be at our best without the rigid instructions of posession based tactics. 

Surely apart from Alonso, this team can produce alot more. Even Willian, despite he is in decline. Maybe Luiz who is very hot-cold is also questionable, but rest of the team can do it much much better.

When we dont chase the trophy, they give up. I dont even talk about recent results, because now we got so low that they are indeed mentaly done. But prior to this; few months ago, they were allright. They just didnt give a flying fuck because the big gap behind Pool and City started to appear. Same happened under Conte. Second in january and once the gap to City was bigger, they stopped performing and we ended 5th.

Honestly we need some fresh blood, get rid of players with rotten attitude and appoint manager that can motivate, is good on personal level, bold and not some yes man. Someone who can tell the players why its worth it.

But that wont happen under Marina. At least not sucessfully.

2 minutes ago, zekinjo said:

4775EC20-DC24-4877-BC92-665E78A5D329.thumb.jpeg.f3401957d87ea62836ee93fcf9b58c2a.jpeg

Bet those Man United lot were preaching patience when they had David Moyes...

When a manager is just out of his depth, and Sarri has shown himself to be one, he's just one of his depth. Giving him all the time in the world isn't going to change that.

On a different note, it's absolutely pathetic to see the difference in narrative used by the media when we and Man United sack the manager. When we do it, it's because of player power and the manager gets a free cop-out. When United do it (with Moyes, Van Gaal and Mourinho), it's because the manager was bad and the players get absolved of any blame. :rant:

Just now, zekinjo said:

Matt Low👇🏻

DF7B9CCA-3D22-4605-AC30-0DDDDC0BD28E.thumb.jpeg.013d1743562efcf82502d2f87a5d8c8d.jpeg

Nice to see Matt Law jump onto the bandwagon. I mean sure, we know those things are hanging over the club right now but they may or may not happen. Wrote the piece just to make our situation even worse! And oh, this talk of Hazard asking for the Madrid move will mean zilch if Real don't make the move first.

He will be sacked in the next 1-2 weeks for sure, but I don't see the point in waiting - just do it now. The sooner the better so we can start rebuilding and training with new tactics. Malmo is a good starting point as we can beat them with our C team. Trying a 4-2-3-1 against them would be nice...

3 minutes ago, Mana said:

He must be sacked before the Spuds game. Then Poch will have a much more difficult game as Sarriball will no longer be in action and it’s guess work for Poch on what we do.

But the City final will most likely be Sarri’s last game in charge UNLESS he does a complete 180 and changes players, tactics and formation.

Somehow pull of a mastermind win..get something from Spurs and them lose to Fulham. 

Either way be surprised mid march if still here. Surprised still here now to be honest. So many have been sacked quicker. 

7 minutes ago, Mana said:

He must be sacked before the Spuds game. Then Poch will have a much more difficult game as Sarriball will no longer be in action and it’s guess work for Poch on what we do.

You make a good point but in my mind probably the best game we've played recently was the second leg against Spuds.  

4 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

What I don't understand is why 100% of the media and pundits solely focus on Jorginho and Kante as if their positions and performances the only problem in this team. Makes me wonder if they even watch the games at all. Rarely have they mentioned that BOTH of our fullbacks are simply not good enough for this football.

Watching Lyon-Barca match right now and both of those teams have a set of modern attacking fullbacks. They look like they are from another planet in comparison to Azpi and Alonso

It now makes sense why Azpi was never called up to start for the Spanish National Team - he has no clue with respect to attacking. If we had 2 modern, attacking FBs I think we would comfortably be in the top 4 even with Sarri's shit-ball tactics.