test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

Started by Special Juan,

5,542 posts in this topic
5 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Sure but he sounds as if Kante is one of key problems man. He is pointing that Kante is technicaly weak, but never says a thing about Alonso being absolute dogshit in defending. 

Back then the comments made some sense, now he is just picking the worst possible excuses for the situation.

Sarri looks like manager that solves one problem by creating 5 new problems.

Come on, Sarri is just responding to constant questions form the media about this Kante/jorginho thing. Jorginho has been the scapegoat for most pundits and people are acting as if Kante is being screwed over. He is not saying anything against Kante as a player.  It is simply that he does not fit that position for Sarri's style. That is clearly true too. Kante doesn't move the ball near as quick as jorg. He is a different player. Sarri isn't blaming Kante for anything. He is saying his style suits a particularly position better than another. 

What's wrong with that? Nothing. People are looking for anything to jump on to Sarri for. 

I would argue that Kante has improved tremendously as a player this season, and a lot of that is thanks to Sarri.  

Fernando likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Tbf hes right in that regard about Kante. We get through to the final third then everything breaks down. His style isnt completely not there but in the final third its shockingly predictable. If Napoli can play better offensively with guys like Mertens, Callejon, Milik, it really baffles me why Hazard etc cannot do better. 

Kante puts better shift forward than Kovacic, Jorginho and Barkley combined. He is nowhere near maestro when it comes to passing, creating or shooting on target, but compared to those three, he looks like socond coming of Zidane. 

I have never seen such passive performances by midfielders like those three. All they know is pass sideways and simple stuff. No one shoots on target, makes through balls, dribbles past the lines etc. Kante isnt great either, but still decent. 

Its disgrace that Sarri wants Kante to be something he is not and then blame him, meanwhile his boys Jorginho, Kovacic, Barkley get instructions to rotate the ball with side passing until game is done and get away when they are infact creative midfielders and especialy Kova and Barkley should break the lines with dribbles and then create chances, yet they dont.

Man doesnt know what he is doing. He has his picture in head that his RM should be this, his LM should be that etc...and he doesnt have tactical ability to switch those roles. He will rather force entire squad to play positions they are not great at/used to instead of adopting to the players at disposal. 

And the excuses are getting pathetic. Fuck off if he thinks Kante isnt Xavi. He is DM and Sarri put him in new position, because he prefers Jorginho to be in holding spot. Everyone understands that. But if that doesnt work, its on Sarri, not Kante being techincaly limited. 

You dont put Messi in CB spot and then complain he is too short. 

Because at the end of the day, Kante is absolute quality player, its Sarri who is lacking.

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Miguelito said:

Come on, Sarri is just responding to constant questions form the media about this Kante/jorginho thing. Jorginho has been the scapegoat for most pundits and people are acting as if Kante is being screwed over. He is not saying anything against Kante as a player.  It is simply that he does not fit that position for Sarri's style. That is clearly true too. Kante doesn't move the ball near as quick as jorg. He is a different player. Sarri isn't blaming Kante for anything. He is saying his style suits a particularly position better than another. 

What's wrong with that? Nothing. People are looking for anything to jump on to Sarri for. 

I would argue that Kante has improved tremendously as a player this season, and a lot of that is thanks to Sarri.  

He is picking the wrong words, thats a problem.

Kante as you said has done everything to fit that role, yet Sarri constantly finds to point out his weaknesses when questioned. Meanwhile they ask about our fullbacks and he goes on praises about Alonso. Seriously? 

Bottom line I dont care if our DM is Jorginho, Kante or Kepa. Just make it work. But stop shitting on players when its clear that his system is lacking any tactical versatility. 

Id defend Sarri like I did when most already gave up, but when he makes same sub game after game, doesnt pick CHO (and Im not saying he is gonna be great, but he should get couple of games still), then I cant defend him anymore. He lost my support last week. 

Now I want him to deliver or he can leave. He clearly doesnt give a shit about our youth which at this point in such shit season should be priority to develop a player or two.

Goes on how important CHO is and then he doesnt play him at all. Wtf? How can you defend what he says when he talks bs like this.

Any sane manager would drop Alonso even if they have to play RW in LB spot. Thats how shit he is. Yet Sarri will keep playing him until the end of season, we can bet on that. Its as predictable as Kovacic-Barkley sub. 

And I wont even go into the fact that he never brings extra attacker when we are behind, which every attacking manager that wants to win would. Crazy. 

Johnnyeye and manpe like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Kante puts better shift forward than Kovacic, Jorginho and Barkley combined. He is nowhere near maestro when it comes to passing, creating or shooting on target, but compared to those three, he looks like socond coming of Zidane. 

I have never seen such passive performances by midfielders like those three. All they know is pass sideways and simple stuff. No one shoots on target, makes through balls, dribbles past the lines etc. Kante isnt great either, but still decent. 

Its disgrace that Sarri wants Kante to be something he is not and then blame him, meanwhile his boys Jorginho, Kovacic, Barkley get instructions to rotate the ball with side passing until game is done and get away when they are infact creative midfielders and especialy Kova and Barkley should break the lines with dribbles and then create chances, yet they dont.

Man doesnt know what he is doing. He has his picture in head that his RM should be this, his LM should be that etc...and he doesnt have tactical ability to switch those roles. He will rather force entire squad to play positions they are not great at/used to instead of adopting to the players at disposal. 

And the excuses are getting pathetic. Fuck off if he thinks Kante isnt Xavi. He is DM and Sarri put him in new position, because he prefers Jorginho to be in holding spot. Everyone understands that. But if that doesnt work, its on Sarri, not Kante being techincaly limited. 

You dont put Messi in CB spot and then complain he is too short. 

Because at the end of the day, Kante is absolute quality player, its Sarri who is lacking.

I think the point he's making is at this moment in time kante is not an attacking CM, but to play the way sarri wants you need technically gifted passers of the ball to play the one touch passing. BUT we dont have them players in CM except jorgi we don't have to full backs for this style either.... U can see jorgi getting angry cos there is no movement in front of him no wonder he never gets assists. Even hazard to some extent is not built to play the way sarri wants. Hazard like to run take on players, willian is the same, the one touch passing comes to a complete stop as soon as we get into the attacking third, u can criticise sarri all u want but the bottom line is our players are NOT good enough to play attacking one touch football, I'd rather give sarri 3 years to build a team, get rid of the dead wood and stop this merry go round of managers and shit players that fill gaps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

He is picking the wrong words, thats a problem.

Kante as you said has done everything to fit that role, yet Sarri constantly finds to point out his weaknesses when questioned. Meanwhile they ask about our fullbacks and he goes on praises about Alonso. Seriously? 

Bottom line I dont care if our DM is Jorginho, Kante or Kepa. Just make it work. But stop shitting on players when its clear that his system is lacking any tactical versatility. 

Id defend Sarri like I did when most already gave up, but when he makes same sub game after game, doesnt pick CHO (and Im not saying he is gonna be great, but he should get couple of games still), then I cant defend him anymore. He lost my support last week. 

Now I want him to deliver or he can leave. He clearly doesnt give a shit about our youth which at this point in such shit season should be priority to develop a player or two.

Goes on how important CHO is and then he doesnt play him at all. Wtf? How can you defend what he says when he talks bs like this.

Any sane manager would drop Alonso even if they have to play RW in LB spot. Thats how shit he is. Yet Sarri will keep playing him until the end of season, we can bet on that. Its as predictable as Kovacic-Barkley sub. 

And I wont even go into the fact that he never brings extra attacker when we are behind, which every attacking manager that wants to win would. Crazy. 

This is what I mean when I say that people are looking for anything to jump on Sarri for. I wasn't debating about these other aspects of Sarri, and I'm not defending whether he should still have a job or not. I wasn't responding at all to his job as a whole. But then you bring in his job as whole. That's not the point. That is confirmation bias. Where one thing happens and you interpret it to confirm an already existing belief. And your belief is clearly Sarri needs to go. So you interpreted his words as saying that Kante isn't good enough and that he is shitting on him. This is confirmation that Sarri should go.

But Sarri isn't shitting on Kante in any way. He was asked about playing him in a certain role, and Sarri responded professionally (saying the things he's said since the beginning). That it depends on the way you are playing football, and his way, Kante does not fit there. It is not a criticism. He isn't saying he's poor, just that he isn't suited. It's like saying Higuain isn't suited to play as a striker.  It's not a criticism.

I'm not defending Sarri's tactics or lack of flexibility or the fact that CHO hasn't played or that Alonso is still somehow getting games. It's embarrassing how he handled things. But it doesn't help to try to take every single thing he says and does as another reason to sack him. What he said about Kante today was not bad. He was simply responding to a question.  

!Hazard! likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




And I wont even go into the fact that he never brings extra attacker when we are behind, which every attacking manager that wants to win would. Crazy. 


Yes! That's driving me nuts!

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Johnnyeye and Unionjack like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

I think the point he's making is at this moment in time kante is not an attacking CM, but to play the way sarri wants you need technically gifted passers of the ball to play the one touch passing. BUT we dont have them players in CM except jorgi we don't have to full backs for this style either.... U can see jorgi getting angry cos there is no movement in front of him no wonder he never gets assists. Even hazard to some extent is not built to play the way sarri wants. Hazard like to run take on players, willian is the same, the one touch passing comes to a complete stop as soon as we get into the attacking third, u can criticise sarri all u want but the bottom line is our players are NOT good enough to play attacking one touch football, I'd rather give sarri 3 years to build a team, get rid of the dead wood and stop this merry go round of managers and shit players that fill gaps.

Managers have always and will always adapt to the players they have. Sure you can buy few but you wont buy entire squad (except for City). 

We wont (shouldnt) ditch Kante and Hazard and 5 other players just to suit a manager with no plan B. 

You have Kante in your squad, you have Hazard in your squad. Adapt and make the best out of both. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

He is picking the wrong words, thats a problem.

Kante as you said has done everything to fit that role, yet Sarri constantly finds to point out his weaknesses when questioned. Meanwhile they ask about our fullbacks and he goes on praises about Alonso. Seriously? 

Bottom line I dont care if our DM is Jorginho, Kante or Kepa. Just make it work. But stop shitting on players when its clear that his system is lacking any tactical versatility. 

Id defend Sarri like I did when most already gave up, but when he makes same sub game after game, doesnt pick CHO (and Im not saying he is gonna be great, but he should get couple of games still), then I cant defend him anymore. He lost my support last week. 

Now I want him to deliver or he can leave. He clearly doesnt give a shit about our youth which at this point in such shit season should be priority to develop a player or two.

Goes on how important CHO is and then he doesnt play him at all. Wtf? How can you defend what he says when he talks bs like this.

Any sane manager would drop Alonso even if they have to play RW in LB spot. Thats how shit he is. Yet Sarri will keep playing him until the end of season, we can bet on that. Its as predictable as Kovacic-Barkley sub. 

And I wont even go into the fact that he never brings extra attacker when we are behind, which every attacking manager that wants to win would. Crazy. 

At no point was Sarri "shitting on Kante". He simply answered the question and defended his choice to play Jorginho as the deep lying midfielder by pointing out that Kante doesn't have the characteristics to play that role in his system and that's why he's playing in another role. Whether you agree with his opinion is another thing but certainly he wasn't blaming Kante here.

Johnnyeye and Unionjack like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Robchels said:

That’s just an obsession with a player who is simply not that important in the grand scheme of things.

The silly part is regardless what how one rates Alonso, pinning down everything on a left back makes no sense, and tactics should cover for his defensive shortcomings - the last part is a fact.

I’ve seen plenty of successful teams win big with far weaker players on their squad (even CL ;) ). And not even with one who not long ago actually had MoTM performances.

we are not going to agree on this - I was hoping to move the discussion into tactics, but I guess it’s just hard around here.

You obviously know little of my postings if you think that I only blame that fraud Alonso.

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, LDN Blue said:

The thread I've been avoiding the most..

So.. Anyone here still Sarri in?

I do, for the same reason I wanted to keep Conte. 

We need to get rid of many players and build on the managers identity. 

It was much easier with Conte because we are build for that, with Sarri much harder and expected to be like this. Even hard results to take it was something expected as well on my part. 

Unionjack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fernando said:

I do, for the same reason I wanted to keep Conte. 

We need to get rid of many players and build on the managers identity. 

It was much easier with Conte because we are build for that, with Sarri much harder and expected to be like this. Even hard results to take it was something expected as well on my part. 

+1

find it funny this moaning for conte, when this time last year all you can read the same shit just replace sarri with contes name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, whats happening said:

+1

find it funny this moaning for conte, when this time last year all you can read the same shit just replace sarri with contes name.

Next year will be someone else and the following year again someone else... unfortunately all football fans expect something to happen overnight. It doesnt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the time we were linked with Sarri, while Conte was still here the majority didnt gave a shit about lack of rotation, no trophies and a stubbornness with playing style. That is the reality. Everyone sat with hards on over how Pep and Klopps teams played and wanted us to change and be more attacking. It is really quite strange that people expected this change to happen overnight, with only 3 players signing (Kepa, Jorginho and Higuain). Yes Sarri isnt on those managers level either but his Napoli probably would of beaten us quite easily. Theres no doubt this particular squad has limitations, it always has, even when we won leagues under Jose and Conte. Both who were hugely criticized for their playing style by many on here. I honestly think we must be the most ungrateful fan base in the world 😂

Johnnyeye, 0007 and Fernando like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

I also still want Sarri to stay and for me the results are not the problem (this was very much expected) but rather the manner in which the defeats have come. His tactical inflexibility, incredibly poor in-game management and lack of rotation have also become a great concern. If he addressed at least two of these concerns somehow, just to show that he isn't as suicidal as he seems right now, then I'd be more than happy to back him 100% and give him enough time to overhaul the squad (even if that means selling Hazard, Kante etc.). I am really sick and tired of this never ending managerial chaos at this club.

That's it. Its the predictablity of his line ups.. Subs. We've lost 5 out the last 10 games played.  The way we've lost as well. Not even the stupid 6-0 but the other score lines. 

We're not attacking I don't know what we're doing. Pass pass off the other lot go and score. 

Be happy to have another season if he showed potential.. But he hasn't. And considering more likely next season be in Europa again... 

I'm still surprised at his hiring and that he's still here. Though from sounds only matter of games. Feel sorry for him for getting booed but his subs... He must be taking the piss 

11Drogba likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

Kante puts better shift forward than Kovacic, Jorginho and Barkley combined. He is nowhere near maestro when it comes to passing, creating or shooting on target, but compared to those three, he looks like socond coming of Zidane. 

I have never seen such passive performances by midfielders like those three. All they know is pass sideways and simple stuff. No one shoots on target, makes through balls, dribbles past the lines etc. Kante isnt great either, but still decent. 

Its disgrace that Sarri wants Kante to be something he is not and then blame him, meanwhile his boys Jorginho, Kovacic, Barkley get instructions to rotate the ball with side passing until game is done and get away when they are infact creative midfielders and especialy Kova and Barkley should break the lines with dribbles and then create chances, yet they dont.

Man doesnt know what he is doing. He has his picture in head that his RM should be this, his LM should be that etc...and he doesnt have tactical ability to switch those roles. He will rather force entire squad to play positions they are not great at/used to instead of adopting to the players at disposal. 

And the excuses are getting pathetic. Fuck off if he thinks Kante isnt Xavi. He is DM and Sarri put him in new position, because he prefers Jorginho to be in holding spot. Everyone understands that. But if that doesnt work, its on Sarri, not Kante being techincaly limited. 

You dont put Messi in CB spot and then complain he is too short. 

Because at the end of the day, Kante is absolute quality player, its Sarri who is lacking.

Again he is not a DM, hes never played a fixed position, he never has. He was a box to box player really. So playing him in Jorginhos position isnt going to do anything different really. How many tackles has Kante made in the middle and final third this season? Hes maybe not made as many as he did under Conte but again we have more of the ball, compared to the last 2 seasons. I dont see Kante being wasted so to speak, hes not gonna be hugely creative but his final pass and involvement in the build up has improved. Hes not Xavi but nobody expects him to be. Barkley and Kovacics position is the issue for our midfield.

Also Sarri forcing players to positions they srent used to? Are you serious? Which manager hasnt done that at least once in the last 10+ years? Anelka played as a right winger depsite being a striker, Ballack played as a DM despite being a CM, Essien played as a RB despite being a CM... Di Matteo played Ramires at RW, Bertrand as a LW, Eden as a false 9... Jose played Azpi as a LB, RLC as a DM, Mata as a right winger, Eden as a false 9.... Conte played Moses as a wingback, Hazard as a false 9, RLC as a striker... You would think Sarri was the only manager in football history to have done it reading this forum and some of it is quite embarrassing. Some have worked better than others but Kante has hardly played poorly in that position over the course of the season either. Jorginho is getting a lot of flack but like Mikel years ago his job isnt to score and assist goals... Sure Jorgi can play better but he can probably play a lot worse I am sure of it. The final third and left side of the defense is the biggest issues in our team.

Miguelito likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, whats happening said:

+1

find it funny this moaning for conte, when this time last year all you can read the same shit just replace sarri with contes name.

We could have been relegated this season and it still wouldn't exonerate Conte for that shitshow 6 months (FA Cup run aside).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I do, for the same reason I wanted to keep Conte. 

We need to get rid of many players and build on the managers identity. 

It was much easier with Conte because we are build for that, with Sarri much harder and expected to be like this. Even hard results to take it was something expected as well on my part. 

Thats what one of the problems is,

Ive said it before. Its because the previous 2 managers (and the board) brought in players that suited their defensive ways of playing.

The players we have no are all a missmatch of not 1 particular way of playing.

They were told so often to defend at all cost that their natural instincts to go forward has been played out of them.

Thats how I see it

kellzfresh and Fernando like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.