Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

It's like the club and management concocted a plan and now they are 'out of the window' it's like a great big 'fuck you'

I wouldn't blame if he left in the summer and totally rail roaded the club in his interviews, they deserve all they get.

I really don't understand Sarri. I want to believe in his project and I think the board were in this for the long-term as well. However, his in game management (or lack thereof) and lack of rotation is making him indefensible. I believe that the most of the fans and the board would be willing to stick with him for at least another season if he at least tried different formations like 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-1-2 which are familiar to him and he tried different players and gave more chances to the likes of CHO. He has done himself no favours with this constant favouritism of certain players and a very rigid formation. The man has been digging his grave from the beginning and it has been very sad to see. In my opinion he could have become the first trophyless coach in the Roman era to avoid sacking at the end of a season if he just tried something different. Somehow he has managed to screw up this opportunity to build his own project at Chelsea.

I do wonder if a longer pre-season would have helped him to assess the squad better and realize that players like Alonso and Azpilicueta simply cannot play his football and thus he would have either requested transfers or tried other players (like Aina, James or Baba) in those roles from the beginning. Maybe, maybe not.

44 minutes ago, Jason said:

"Remember De Bruyne telling me: “We only train tactically 15 mins per day. But we learn to switch between different systems: 3-4-3, 4-3-3, 4-4-2, 3-6-1...”

You mean that a LB would seamlessly switch to WB role and back to LB?!? shocking! :)