Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

Its easy to say now, but its getting clear as day how big mistake board did again by appointing Sarri.

Given the way our board work, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of Marina and co. not doing their homework before appointing Sarri. They probably just thought "OH, he plays the football that we want. Let's hire him!". If they had done their due diligence, they would have foreseen the issues caused by Sarri happening and stayed away from him. 

45 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Its official. Chelsea is the new Arsenal. Results dont matter anymore. 

1 hour ago, milka said:

Okay, I'm not gonna say the players are faultless for the mess we're in because their performances have been bad at times but this talk of 'players downing tools' has become such a cheap stick to beat us with and a cheap cop-out for the manager. There is a difference between players not trying at all and players giving their all but being left exposed and helpless because of the manager throw them into a system that's destined for disaster.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Okay, I'm not gonna say the players are faultless for the mess we're in because their performances have been bad at times but this talk of 'players downing tools' has become such a cheap stick to beat us with and a cheap cop-out for the manager. There is a difference between players not trying at all and players giving their all but being left exposed and helpless because of the manager throw them into a system that's destined for disaster.

well, at least they are not doing this type of downing tools:)

2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Its easy to say now, but its getting clear as day how big mistake board did again by appointing Sarri.

We have beast DM in Kante, but he cant play that role in Sarri system. We have beast RB in Azpi, but he cant play Sarri type fullback. We have world class Hazard but he isnt suited to play recieve and release Sarriball, because he likes to dribble too much. We bought Jorginho to be our holding mid, but we play in a league that makes that almost suicide. 

We played great in the beggining though, but opponents found us quickly and Sarri has no plan B, cant rotate, doesnt use youth, always does the same subs etc.

All that said, Id love if we somehow managed to overturn it, keep Sarri and he transforms us into what he supposed to do, after all we need to give managers more time. But I just cant support manager that makes no changes after humiliating results and doesnt use youth despite shit after shit performances by senior players. 

Actually it was easy to say before too.  Some poeple on here actually called that Sarri would be a flop early. And the reasons I gave sometime in spring 2018 were the same as they are now. Not a proven winner, not good enough and too old to change.

And your point stands, our players are good enough to be better than what we are seeing. But I don't think it is all on them either. It is not a straight refusal to turn up like in Mourinho 2.0 when they just lost the easiest games. They lose whenever the opposition is better organised which is usually the case cos whatever Sarri asks from them they are either incapale of doing it or it just does not work. And the fact that SArri keeps insisting without changing one bit jsut shows what a poor coach he is. And the thing is, they are not doing anything different than they did early in the season when everything is well it is just teams have adapted but Sarri does not see this. He jsut sees players are failing so it mus be them not being able to execute his oh so brilliant instructions. 

Our best games in the last few months was vs tottenham at home. We had the luck to score first with some individual brilliance but this was not sarriball. We were far too direct and relying a lot on classic wing play. And that is what summarizes it. We are and always will be at our best without the rigid instructions of posession based tactics. 

5 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

This is obviously a guess just as ours but my dream scenario would be that Sarri one fucking time sees the light, parks the Bus vs City and somehow grab a cup win by pens or a lucky freak goal. Even if the players hate Sarri they will be hurt by that 6-0 defeat and turn up for this one even if they hate Sarri. And on paper Hazard and Higuain are still potent goal threats and bound to score again in a big game

Just now, Magic Lamps said:

This is obviously a guess just as ours but my dream scenario would be that Sarri one fucking time sees the light, parks the Bus vs City and somehow grab a cup win by pens or a lucky freak goal. Even if the players hate Sarri they will be hurt by that 6-0 defeat and turn up for this one even if they hate Sarri. And on paper Hazard and Higuain are still potent goal threats and bound to score again in a big game

I agree with what your saying but we are playing an absolute machine of a team. I think it will be like last night, and over at HT.

1 minute ago, Special Juan said:

I agree with what your saying but we are playing an absolute machine of a team. I think it will be like last night, and over at HT.

It is for a trophy, Shitty (and Pep) want to break Barca's Sextuple (in a calendar year) in 2009

Shitty can still win

Community Shield

League Cup

FA Cup

EPL

CL

UEFA Super Cup

FIFA Club World Cup

would be the

first ever Septuple in Football

BENCHED 

Callum Hudson-Odoi: Chelsea forward has played just 19 minutes since hope of January transfer to Bayern Munich ended

https://talksport.com/football/496885/callum-hudson-odoi-chelsea-minutes-january/

plus there is Sarri and Zola's gaslighting

sod them both

11 minutes ago, Vesper said:

It is for a trophy, Shitty (and Pep) want to break Barca's Sextuple (in a calendar year) in 2009

Shitty can still win

Community Shield

League Cup

FA Cup

EPL

CL

UEFA Super Cup

FIFA Club World Cup

would be the

first ever Septuple in Football

I doubt that will happen. Barca had the benefit that they could rest many players in the league and the Sapnish league was even worse than it is now. and they had prime Messi. 

I know it is clutching onto straws but if there is a way to defeat them by luck it has to be in that game. We lose as oon as we concede but if we just don't concede we a have a chance.

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

BENCHED 

Callum Hudson-Odoi: Chelsea forward has played just 19 minutes since hope of January transfer to Bayern Munich ended

https://talksport.com/football/496885/callum-hudson-odoi-chelsea-minutes-january/

plus there is Sarri and Zola's gaslighting

sod them both

shows what Sarri really thinks of CHO. Only played him because the board were afraid he could riot to force through the move. Sarri clearly does not rate CHO which shows what a poor judge of talent he is. Sure, CHO has hardly been breathtaking but Willian has been atrocious.