Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

5 hours ago, Tomo said:

That was literally said in 2016.

Ofcourse things are not all the same but we have a much better team than people keep making out.

Might also remember us having a not bad striker then that helped us out.

The thing is with Sarris system it is open to having allot of goals scored against them so they rely on scoring allot of goals.

Can peeps honestly say without cracking up that this side as it stands will do that?

6 hours ago, Tomo said:

That was literally said in 2016.

Ofcourse things are not all the same but we have a much better team than people keep making out.

Lets look at this

assuming Courtois leaves

GK is literally then (unless we sign someone) Caballero (shoot me now) and ROB GREEN  PANIC IF NO CHANGE AND COURTOIS LEAVES

CB is oki, except the 3rd one is  a 17yo  (Cahill shouldn't be allowed near the pitch)

LB It's all on Emerson (unproven so far, as he has hardly played) I say this because I do NOT see Alonso as being up the task of playing in a back 4  I rate this a weakness

RB Azpi is great, Zappa, ermmm, not so much, but it is oki

DMF  loaded

CMF good

AMF Barkley or die, and he has a horrific injury record so    huge weakness

LW    Harzard and HOPEFULLY CHO so should be a strength, but no real depth and CHO is only 17, if CHO is not included on first team and is loaned out, this is a huge issue

RW     Willian if he stays is going to be poison in locker room, Pedro is serviceable as a backup,     really a weakness here

Striker  Morata is shit, let's not beat around bush on that one, Giroud is fine as a backup but he is not a world class player who can lead us anyway near a trophy (we are NOT France!), and he is ageing. Bats? Not a Sarriball player  so.... huge weakness atm

that's 5 positions in big trouble, one probably

Aurelio De Laurentiis slams Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri again over Napoli departure

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/news/sarri-chelsea-de-laurentiis-napoli-14957458

Napoli president has hit out at his former head coach Maurizio Sarri once again by claiming that the now Chelsea boss was 'rude' during the final weeks of his time in Italy.

The Blues boss was replaced from his role in Naples by Carlo Ancelotti and after a decent working his relationship, he and his former boss De Laurentiis parted company in bad ways.

There was a constant struggle with the Serie A side's chief to fully release him from his deal with the club so that he could make the switch to west London and manage in the Premier League.

snip

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

Lets look at this

assuming Courtois leaves

GK is literally then (unless we sign someone) Caballero (shoot me now) and ROB GREEN  PANIC IF NO CHANGE AND COURTOIS LEAVES

CB is oki, except the 3rd one is  a 17yo  (Cahill shouldn't be allowed near the pitch)

LB It's all on Emerson (unproven so far, as he has hardly played) I say this because I do NOT see Alonso as being up the task of playing in a back 4  I rate this a weakness

DMF  loaded

CMF good

LW    Harzard and HOPEFULLY CHO so should be a strength, but no real depth and CHO is only 17, if CHO is not included on first team and is loaned out, this is a huge issue

RW     Willian if he stays is going to be poison in locker room, Pedro is serviceable as a backup,     really a weakness here

Striker  Morata is shit, let's not beat around bush on that one, Giroud is fine as a backup but he is not a world class player who can lead us anyway near a trophy (we are NOT France!), and he is ageing. Bats? Not a Sarriball player  so.... huge weakness atm

Full agreement with everything tho with your fondness for AC you are a bit more forgiving than I am of that position and I do want Rugani - if for no other reason that Sarri must think he needs him. BUT as he cant fully grasp what hes got to play with till he sees all the lads its difficult

We got some issues!

5 hours ago, Mana said:

...except in 2016 we actually had a WC striker (20 PL goals) along with no European football.

I fail to see how this team is better than Conte’s 2016/17’s. You do know last season we scored the least out of everyone in the top 6 right?

Sure, it’s possible we can still overachieve because “anything can happen” but I wouldn’t bet on it. At all.

We also had no defense bar Azpi or midfield bar Kante. It's easy to pretend now everyone fancied our chances in 2016 and were talking up the squad but more people were predicting a re run of 15/16 over top 4 let alone the title. The only position the side Conte inherited has over this current side is CF.

5 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Might also remember us having a not bad striker then that helped us out.

The thing is with Sarris system it is open to having allot of goals scored against them so they rely on scoring allot of goals.

Can peeps honestly say without cracking up that this side as it stands will do that?

Sarri's Napoli coneded 100 goals in 114 games under his leadership, he may have an attacking philosophy but he certainly knows how to set up defensively.

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

Lets look at this

assuming Courtois leaves

DMF  loaded

CMF good

Im not saying there's issues that don't need sorting, it's this notion that were a total mess and our rivals walk on water i can't abide.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Im not saying there's issues that don't need sorting, it's this notion that were a total mess and our rivals walk on water i can't abide.

Oh, well I think shitty are semi-fucked atm. but in only 2 positions, one more than the other

Semi-fucked is at CB, I so dont rate Stones, I HATE Otamendi, and Kompany will soon get hurt again for the 5,643rd time. Mangala is shit, Denayer is worse. Only decent CB they have is another one i was dying Chelsea to make a move for 2,3 years ago, Aymeric Laporte.

Truly fucked  DMF  Fernandinho will be 34 before the season ends next year, and ZERO real backup. That is madness to not go fetch a replacement (and one of the reasons I did a cartwheel, literally, lol) when we got Jorginho.)

Wish we could nick Bernardo Silva off them, I would shut up about RW then, lol. Hell, he would make a great AMF in Sarriball.

Man U  has huge Mo-related clubhouse issues, wayyyy worse than we had with Conte, other than the death-blow he fucked us with by sending that bloody Costa SMS.

Spuds are fucked so far in the window, and if Kane gets hurt, they are fucked overall. Dele Alli is one of most overrated players on the planet IF he has another year like last one (regardless of how the cunt played v us).

Liverpool only needs a world class CB to pair with van Dijk and they are golden, unfortunately. If they ad that and also Fekir (supposedly that is now back to being resurrected again) they could beat out City if they dont fix that DMF situ. They also could use Joe Gomez at his natural CB position, and that might be their world class fix (I think he needs a year or 2 for sure still to get to that level.

Goonas are fucked at CB (I think Mustafi is shit, but they did add Sokratis) at LB, and at the wings, maybe at GK too if Leno plays as shit the rest of year as he did in first game (hello Karius 2.0)

On ‎25‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 9:59 AM, Mana said:

It's not about winning feckall, it's about not challenging. We will not be challenging for the league with this squad, and we are still below Arsenal's, Liverpool's, City's and Spuds' in terms of attack. The jury is out with United, but they will battle with us hard.

As usual from you a post saying how shit we are and how great everyone else is. Your not a Chelsea fan I'm convinced of it you never have anything positive to say you have no concept of what supporting your team is.

I'm not a doom n gloom merchant normally and Ill shout my fool head off for the lads whatever league we are in, And I know that Ive let my current mood effect my Chelsea head this past week and I realize that we got an OK team.

But I've gone from bouncing off the walls when Sarri/Jorgi came to feeling sad and let down mainly by the board.

It just does my head in when every single one of us can see the problems facing us (to varying degrees) so it baffles me why a room full of millionaire business heads can't do what is best for the company they work for.

Ive decided not to whinge about this shit any more. It just winds the fuck up out of me. (And i know it will all work its way out in the end. Its all a cycle.)

26 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

As usual from you a post saying how shit we are and how great everyone else is. Your not a Chelsea fan I'm convinced of it you never have anything positive to say you have no concept of what supporting your team is.

Unionjack said you would be my mate for me posting this, lol

58 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

You both need to stop this, I have had words with you before about this and it's still continuing. Three options left, you either stop now, take it to PM or I take you both from the forum for some time.

True I'm old enough to know better.

42 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I'm not a doom n gloom merchant normally and Ill shout my fool head off for the lads whatever league we are in, And I know that Ive let my current mood effect my Chelsea head this past week and I realize that we got an OK team.

But I've gone from bouncing off the walls when Sarri/Jorgi came to feeling sad and let down mainly by the board.

It just does my head in when every single one of us can see the problems facing us (to varying degrees) so it baffles me why a room full of millionaire business heads can't do what is best for the company they work for.

Ive decided not to whinge about this shit any more. It just winds the fuck up out of me. (And i know it will all work its way out in the end. Its all a cycle.)

Are you saying your not excited by the signing of Rob Green UJ ?. He made as many appearances for Huddersfield last season as I did. Think Sarri's most difficult task will be keeping his cool with the twattish British media. 

15 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Are you saying your not excited by the signing of Rob Green UJ ?. He made as many appearances for Huddersfield last season as I did. Think Sarri's most difficult task will be keeping his cool with the twattish British media. 

You know what mate Ive let him go. Hes never going to be used but who knows he might be better than Willy!

Sod em. Let the media get on Mou and Klopps back

8 hours ago, Vesper said:

Man U  has huge Mo-related clubhouse issues, wayyyy worse than we had with Conte, other than the death-blow he fucked us with by sending that bloody Costa SMS.

Spuds are fucked so far in the window, and if Kane gets hurt, they are fucked overall. Dele Alli is one of most overrated players on the planet IF he has another year like last one (regardless of how the cunt played v us).

Liverpool only needs a world class CB to pair with van Dijk and they are golden, unfortunately. If they ad that and also Fekir (supposedly that is now back to being resurrected again) they could beat out City if they dont fix that DMF situ. They also could use Joe Gomez at his natural CB position, and that might be their world class fix (I think he needs a year or 2 for sure still to get to that level.

Goonas are fucked at CB (I think Mustafi is shit, but they did add Sokratis) at LB, and at the wings, maybe at GK too if Leno plays as shit the rest of year as he did in first game (hello Karius 2.0)

bu72wea0h6c11.png

These are the signings Klopp has made since he became manager. It has taken a while but he has been fully backed to get his own starting 11, with players of his choice in every position. They're the main challengers to Mancity without a doubt.

29 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

bu72wea0h6c11.png

These are the signings Klopp has made since he became manager. It has taken a while but he has been fully backed to get his own starting 11, with players of his choice in every position. They're the main challengers to Mancity without a doubt.

Ox is out for the year with that bad injury. A shame, he was really playing well. Maybe Gomez will finally get regular time at CB. I deffo think they might still try for Fekir (such a weird story).

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Ox is out for the year with that bad injury. A shame, he was really playing well. Maybe Gomez will finally get regular time at CB. I deffo think they might still try for Fekir (such a weird story).

Scousers are weird fekers!

19 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Henderson is their captain, so he starts in midfield with keita and fabinho anyway. With firminho in ST position and shaqiri coming from the bench, they have a strong 11. We'll see if they live up to standards tho... Klopp is always better in knock out competitions than in league.