Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

1 hour ago, DDA said:

The inevitable reports coming out that Sarri has lost the dressing room. 

Our squad is an embarrassment. I have never felt as ashamed of our team of players than I do now.

The confusing thing is when i look at the squad namely the players that start i look and think who and how do we mentally collapse whenever we are in setbacks. The 15/16 squad were accused of similar but what has to be noted is i think only about 5 players remain from that squad so have we recruited badly (mentality wise) since or is it a club issue?

I don't think the squad are mentally weak (you don't win what we have since the core players were assembled if that were the case) and i actually think that could be part of the problem on a week by week basis, they want every match to be the big match, a match a trophy is within distance, for all the other faults you can't take away the fact they almost always deliver under those pressure situation's (which shouldn't be underestimated, look at how a very talented Spurs squad crack under the same pressure).

I don't think the players specifically are trouble makers either, not intentionally anyway i mean looking at our first eleven. Kepa, Jorginho, Kova and Higuain have just arrived, Rudiger, Luiz, Kante,and Azpi definitely don't fall into that category, Barkley seems determined to make it here, Hazard would have rage quit years ago if his attitude was a bad as myth portrayed and Pedro is a player who got to have the career he had mainly on attitude and application so i'd be amazed if he was a culprit. The only one's i look at out of regular starters and think maybe,are Alonso and Willian, and would those two alone be enough to sway a dressing room? There seems no obvious candidate looking at the second Xl with the possible exception of CHO. 

Seems to be deep rooted for some reason, Barca in 2008 Real (twice in a few years) and now United managed to solve similar issue's by appointing a club legend who got the club and had everyone singing from the same hymn sheet, should Sarri's position become untenable which looks a matter of time (which is a shame because i genuinely like what he's trying to do in terms of on the pitch but that's for another post) then i think it's time for us to do the same.

[Matt Law] Maurizio Sarri's Chelsea fate hanging on crucial fortnight with Italian under pressure to win Europa League

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/02/11/maurizio-sarris-chelsea-fate-hanging-crucial-fortnight-italian/

"Having started so well under the latest head coach, Chelsea players have become bored by Sarri’s rigid training methods and overwhelmed by the tactical information he has tried to instil in them over recent weeks.

His preference to start most of his training sessions at 3pm has also been unpopular with a number of players, who had become used to earlier routines under previous managers. But the players were called in during the morning on Monday."

After we tried a counter attacking coach in Conte and now a Possession coach in Sarri, I think we need a new coach who can pamper these players so that they wont get angry.

As a posession coach he's not doing anything that great.... Be nice to have posession and actually win rather then have it all and lose. That's the issue with his play. Which part the reason why we've gone from being 11 ahead to 1 behind. 

The dressing room situation has been and always will be pathetic. Have respect ffs. 

I'd give Sarri another season and two more transfer windows to show what he's got. I think any manager deserves two full seasons, at least one full pre-season and four transfer windows to shape the squad to his liking. We need to get rid of those rotten players one way or another, might as well do that under Sarri's management. At least he will prefer technical and intelligent players that can be useful for any manager that tries to play modern football and not load the squad with players like Alonso, Willian, Drinkwater, Barkley etc. And even if he fails he will undoubtedly prepare the squad to play proper possession football and the new manager could pick it up and continue to build on that. 

Under the condition that he's forced to integrate several youth and loan players of his choice to the squad I am ready to back him up in this transition. I am sick and tired of blaming the manager every single time when it's clear that many of the problems lie elsewhere.

50 minutes ago, DDA said:

The inevitable reports coming out that Sarri has lost the dressing room. 

Our squad is an embarrassment. I have never felt as ashamed of our team of players than I do now.

Mate, thats a problem in modern football. Players are the real bosses. Its not something related with this specific group of players. How many times a manager lost the dressing room? Scolari, AVB, Mourinho, Conte, Sarri. From Drogba and Lampard to William Ana Hazard. Dressing room is where the power is. When the players are not motivated or dont understand the tactics, they wont perform.

Something similar happened with United and Mourinho.

24 minutes ago, Tomo said:

The confusing thing is when i look at the squad namely the players that start i look and think who and how do we mentally collapse whenever we are in setbacks. The 15/16 squad were accused of similar but what has to be noted is i think only about 5 players remain from that squad so have we recruited badly (mentality wise) since or is it a club issue?

I don't think the squad are mentally weak (you don't win what we have since the core players were assembled if that were the case) and i actually think that could be part of the problem on a week by week basis, they want every match to be the big match, a match a trophy is within distance, for all their other faults you can't take away the fact they almost always deliver under those pressure situation's (which shouldn't be underestimated, look at how a very talented Spurs squad crack under the same pressure).

I don't think the players specifically are trouble makers either, not intentionally anyway i mean looking at our first eleven. Kepa, Jorginho, Kova and Higuain have just arrived, Rudiger, Luiz, Kante, and Azpi definitely don't fall into that category, Barkley seems determined to make it here, Hazard would have rage quit years ago if his attitude was a bad as myth portrayed and Pedro is a player who got to have the career he has mainly on attitude and application so i'd be amazed if he was a culprit. The only one's i look at out of regular starters and think maybe,are Alonso and Willian, and would those two alone be enough to sway a dressing room? There seems no obvious candidate looking at the second Xl with the possible exception of CHO. 

Seems to be deep rooted for some reason, Barca in 2008 Real (twice in a few years) and now United managed to solve similar issue's by appointing a club legend who got the club and had everyone singing from the same hymn sheet, should Sarri's position become untenable which looks a matter of time (which is a shame because i genuinely like what he's trying to do in terms of on the pitch but that's for another post) then i think it's time for us to do the same.

Don't forget too that the 3 months with Di Matteo we won the one trophy we could never seem to win with a far inferior squad.

A man manager is just as important as tactical in my opinion and sometimes having someone who's past experience as a player demands respect at that club and adoration from the fans helps lift everything. It is somebody the fans immediately like and can get behind and the manager in turn helps instill that confidence and pride of playing for a club that they have an affinity with.

What this club is starting to lose is the leaders and players who will give everything for the love of the shirt. You can't buy that into the club, it happens organically over time. But bringing in someone who already has been there for the club to oversee and motivate the players into that mindset will help that process.

For me if we change the manager, my first choice would be Lampard and Morris.

47 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I don't think the squad are mentally weak (you don't win what we have since the core players were assembled if that were the case) and i actually think that could be part of the problem on a week by week basis, they want every match to be the big match, a match a trophy is within distance, for all the other faults you can't take away the fact they almost always deliver under those pressure situation's (which shouldn't be underestimated, look at how a very talented Spurs squad crack under the same pressure).

I don't think the players specifically are trouble makers either, not intentionally anyway i mean looking at our first eleven. Kepa, Jorginho, Kova and Higuain have just arrived, Rudiger, Luiz, Kante, and Azpi definitely don't fall into that category, Barkley seems determined to make it here, Hazard would have rage quit years ago if his attitude was a bad as myth portrayed and Pedro is a player who got to have the career he had mainly on attitude and application so i'd be amazed if he was a culprit. The only one's i look at out of regular starters and think maybe,are Alonso and Willian, and would those two alone be enough to sway a dressing room? There seems no obvious candidate looking at the second Xl with the possible exception of CHO. 

Please do not forget Cahill. He is still there and I have a real suspicion that he is a back stabbing peice of shit. I saw the look on his face when he was asked about Conte at the end of last season after winming the cup. He had a look of a man who wanted Conte out and was a leader of the witch hunt. 

I did think the same though, that it is hard to believe the likes of Azpi, Eden, Luiz and co would be trouble makers. 

Maybe there is a staff issue. 

As you said, there seems to be a deep rooted toxicity at the club. 

Maybe a new owner is the only way to really rid of it.

25 minutes ago, Henrique said:

Mate, thats a problem in modern football. Players are the real bosses. Its not something related with this specific group of players. How many times a manager lost the dressing room? Scolari, AVB, Mourinho, Conte, Sarri. From Drogba and Lampard to William Ana Hazard. Dressing room is where the power is. When the players are not motivated or dont understand the tactics, they wont perform.

Something similar happened with United and Mourinho.

Player agents and money are to blame. 

You don't get this feeling of 'player power' at Spurs or even Arsenal. I think Ozil is the closest thing to a player not cooperating there. Look at that has turned out for him. 

Yes United definitely downed tools for Jose and even though i enjoyed it, what a crock of shit that was. Pathetic Pogba acting like a bitch. 

The simple fact of how much these players are being paid just makes the whole, 'player power' situation a complete and utter joke. 

These  crybabies should definitely  be sold if they request so. Kante is too nice to be part of this group(i suspect his agent might be pushing for a change) , Kepa, Kova, Higuain and Jorginho are all Sarri's signings, Hazard is leaving soon so it should be none of his business and Azpi was always loyal to our managers.

I am dead sure Willian is the mastermind behind this. He "loves" Chelsea, he sees himself as one of the biggest stars in the dressing room and is pushing the club for a new deal.Sarri's staying practically means Willian is gone in the summer and we all know how the Brazilian  twat will deal with this kind of stuff. 

Chelsea players 'deeply embarrased' after Man City defeat

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/11635404/chelsea-players-deeply-embarrased-after-man-city-defeat

The spurs defeat, the Arsenal defeat the Bournemouth defeat blah blah blah , stop playing embarrassingly and maybe just maybe ,they will not be deeply embarrased! Worst than drunken teenagers.

25 minutes ago, 0007 said:

These  crybabies should definitely  be sold if they request so. Kante is too nice to be part of this group(i suspect his agent might be pushing for a change) , Kepa, Kova, Higuain and Jorginho are all Sarri's signings, Hazard is leaving soon so it should be none of his business and Azpi was always loyal to our managers.

I am dead sure Willian is the mastermind behind this. He "loves" Chelsea, he sees himself as one of the biggest stars in the dressing room and is pushing the club for a new deal.Sarri's staying practically means Willian is gone in the summer and we all know how the Brazilian  twat will deal with this kind of stuff. 

The players who have complaints iver playing time (not saying they all are troublemakers)

AC, Ampadu, Cahill, Emerson, Zappacosta, Fabregas (gone), Drinkwater (sell him ffs), RLC, CHO, (soon gone orobably) Giroud (maybe).

Then you have the core malcontents: Luiz, Alonso, Willian and probably Hazard. (All soon gone or need to be)

I don't know why these players would be upset at Sarri, they play like shit and they continue to be rewarded with more playing time. If anything Sarri has given more powers to the players. He has done nothing to shake up the dressing room.

If the players are not responding, it will largely be due to losing faith in the manager and tactics. It kinda makes sense, if you continue to play the same tactics and it yields the same results. Undoubtedly at one point players will lose faith, trying the same thing again and again is insanity. 

I would be shocked to see any deviation from Sarri as players selection and tactics go. He will continue to largely play the same players, because he has invested a lot of time in those core players. If he is going to go down, he will go down with the players largely responsible for it. 

I think a player like Azpilicueta perfectly demonstrates why this system does not work with a bunch of core players Sarri has chosen. Not only he lacks the technical traits for this type of football, but more importantly he lacks the mindset. We have seen at times Azpi demonstrate the ability to play Sarriball, but for the majority he reverts back to his natural tendency becoming a one way FB again. For Azpi to play Sarriball he has to stretch himself pretty far, and one can live in that state for a very short time. Same goes for Kante, he is asked to play in a way that is far from his natural game. Show glimpses of that excellent football, but often time reverts to his natural tendency. Barkley is another one, who has never played in a 3 CM midfield and the style Sarri is asking him to do. There is Alonso of course too, he is not a LB. I could go on and on about others on the squad too.

That is the big issue with Sarri at Chelsea, he is attempting to play in a style that forces a lot of players into positions they are not comfortable with. You could get away with 1-2 players slowly getting adjusted to this football, but not when the pitch is filled with them. 

Sarri has taken the worst path imo, he has not adjusted to his players, chosen players that are far suited to his football and neglected the young players that would probably more tuned into his philosophy and football.

There is two ways about modern football - you either buy the top dogs in the game and challenge instantly, or you promote/buy top talent and have lots of patience. 

What is in between it does not work and it is called mediocrity aka Chelsea FC of 2019. 

Been busy a lot for the last days, but I read somewhere that Roman has instructed his people to find potential buyers. Think it was an article in The Guardian the next day after the 6 nil loss? Well nevermind, but something has to change, there must pe some plan at least, a Director of Football, some people to come with fresh ideas. If we keep buying/keeping the Alonsos, Willians, Pedros et all then everything is wrong.