Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

This club is a mess. No DoF, multiple 30+ players with zero motivation, multiple players that doesnt even know if they will be here next season etc. ofcourse they dont give a single F*ck. 

Just have to see that picture of Hazard & CO laughing while exchanging shirts with city players in the tunnel after the game. They just dont care. 

I actually think it's more brave of him to stick with his philosophy.  It's what got him here.  He's worked his way up from the bottom to here.  Abandoning his principles would show a lack of faith in himself.  I think that's quite brave.  Naive, stubborn and arrogant?  Yes, yes, maybe.  If players aren't doing what he wants them to do, then why believe that they are going to play in to his plan B?  If you're going to go down, go down swinging.

However, if he want to stick with his principles, then he has to drop the players that are continually "not playing his football". 

If his remit was to come in and impose his style of play, hopefully get top 4, but put his blueprint down and figure out who should stay and who should go, then he should already know who he doesn't want to go forward with, and it's next man up.  If he wants more desire from his team, then give a chance to some hungry players that have been sitting on the bench all year.  If some of these guys don't want to "play your football", then fuck 'em.  Stick them on the bench or in the stands and let them leave to a club that lets them do what they want.  I'm glad he didn't bring up the desire or mentality after that humiliation at City.  He's already done that.  It didn't work.  His next step has to be dropping players who aren't doing what he wants.

Now, if his remit was to come in and polish a turd in to a diamond as quickly as possible and get results at the same time.  I'm afraid it's not working.  Though, based on everyone else who's failed to do that, it seems like an impossible job.

Conte squeezed the last bit of juice from this squad, IMO.  It's a big summer coming up.  We'll see what the club have as a plan, if they have one at all. 

26 minutes ago, Mana said:

...what? It's just the City defeat? Sarriball hasn't been working for months now!

And the season's not over yet, there could be even more embarrassing defeats ahead of us if this doesn't change!

or maybe the mechanisms of the squad will become more secure and authomatic with time 

I'am not so pessimistic 

36 minutes ago, El P. said:

- with having only Marina in charge, no director of football, no Roman in England, and with transfer ban knocking at the door... I wouldn't risk another instability factor

- it means this lot of players will mostly stay at the club and won't feel consequences, and it will be for third manager straight that it happens

- switching to attacking football will take time, being it with Sarri or not, and attacking football is clearly what out board wants; also I am not sure are there even some available coaches who play attacking football

- sacking coach like Sarri to bring someone like Conte for interim role would be huge step backwards in attempt of changing our philosophy

- Sarri, with all of his faults, have beaten Liverpool and Spurs in cup, and with setup like that it could be enough to win EL where opponents are not that strong

- United is too strong under Ole, getting new coach for getting top4 finish won't help us; in time new manager settles and produces something, United will be far from us

- it costs money, we didn't pay what we owe to Conte yet

You made interesting points, I thought you would come up with the idea that if Sarri get sacked no other manager would be willing to take the job, and we know Chelsea job is wanted by any manager around for one simple reason: the job is well paid, and if they get axed it basically means they can go home and get an abusive amount of cash without working. For example, its understood Mourinho staff received 8m in compensation after he was sacked in 2016...and after he was sacked again by United he is getting 22m in compensation. Any person in the world is willing to take such job. Its a win/win situation.

4 minutes ago, Henrique said:

You made interesting points, I thought you would come up with the idea that if Sarri get sacked no other manager would be willing to take the job, and we know Chelsea job is wanted by any manager around for one simple reason: the job is well paid, and if they get axed it basically means they can go home and get an abusive amount of cash without working. For example, its understood Mourinho staff received 8m in compensation after he was sacked in 2016...and after he was sacked again by United he is getting 22m in compensation. Any person in the world is willing to take such job. Its a win/win situation.

And yet, Guardiola himself turned us down because the board were not willing to work with him. 

No top manager will want to come here and only be the role of the 'yes man'. 

Just now, MoroccanBlue said:

And yet, Guardiola himself turned us down because the board were not willing to work with him

No top manager will want to come here and only be the role of the 'yes man'. 

Thats completely false. Guardiola turned Chelsea down because he had a better offer. City was offering more money, and was willing to give him more power. Simple as that. Chelsea always hired managers that are considered "top", even if the club is well known to sack managers before the end of contract. Managers are professionals and they are interested in getting as much cash as possible, or are you telling me that Scolari, Ancelotti, Mourinho, Conte and now Sarri were not considered top managers when they were appointed? 

Just now, Henrique said:

Thats completely false. Guardiola turned Chelsea down because he had a better offer. City was offering more money, and was willing to give him more power. Simple as that. Chelsea always hired managers that are considered "top", even if the club is well known to sack managers before the end of contract. Managers are professionals and they are interested in getting as much cash as possible, or are you telling me that Scolari, Ancelotti, Mourinho, Conte and now Sarri were not considered top managers when they were appointed? 

What have I said that was wrong then? The part in bold is specifically what I'm referring to? Our board wouldn't work with him to get what he needed. Football is evolving and coaches are now taking a more hands on approach. They want control of the team in every aspect. 

Scolari, Ancelotti, and Mourinho had teams of leaders. Easy to work with. We now have a team full of average and weak minded individuals. A complete rebuild looks necessary yet it's been proven for a few seasons now that our board won't ever fully back the manager. 

So Tell me, what top manager will want to come here where a rebuild is necessary, and a board that won't fully back you? 

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

So Tell me, what top manager will want to come here where a rebuild is necessary, and a board that won't fully back you? 

Any top manager, as long as they get the right contract aka enough money and a fat paycheck if they sacked.

The money that is thrown at any manager can attract anyone. It's easy money, and if they get sacked they are laughing, one big massive fat cheque.

Imagine getting 15-20M for two years after being sacked:beer:

43 minutes ago, Henrique said:

Yes, well, this is another factor too, but not for interim coaches. Interim coaches are content with cash, as you mentioned.

I am not even considering that manager who replaces Sarri could stay after summer... to find someone who is really worth it in this short period would be really really hard, I am not even considering it as an option.

40 minutes ago, mccg said:

Chelsea will not appoint a permanent manager until the summer if Maurizio Sarri is sacked

https://metro.co.uk/2019/02/11/chelsea-will-not-appoint-permanent-manager-summer-maurizio-sarri-sacked-8526296/

we have made a decision though, he will stay.  Previously Roman would have shown him the exit door by now.  

But he has to change and if he doesn't? We'll be carabao cup runners up, out of the fa cup all by the end of this month.  (think we will beat Malmo and all will be rosy, Sarri will be delighted with the positive response, attitude, mentality etc etc everyone will be 'Sarri in' again)

17 minutes ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

we have made a decision though, he will stay.  Previously Roman would have shown him the exit door by now.  

But he has to change and if he doesn't? We'll be carabao cup runners up, out of the fa cup all by the end of this month.  (think we will beat Malmo and all will be rosy, Sarri will be delighted with the positive response, attitude, mentality etc etc everyone will be 'Sarri in' again)

If we lose to Spurs he'll be gone I think. 

We won against City and it just paved cracks for a few games then back to normal. Which will probably happen again. A win.. A loss.. Loss.. 

10 hours ago, Mana said:

He will be wearing red if Sarri remains in charge, I agree.

But look what happened to Martial earlier in the season. He wanted to go, but manager sacked, now signed a new deal.

CHO is a Chelsea boy, Vesper. He would rather be a top Chelsea star than a Bayern one. His stunts he is doing now is because he is being treated like dirt.

bullshit, if he was really a chelsea boy he would not moan and wanted to leave the club like a bitch after 3 months of the season. and we are talking about an 18 yo player not an established player. btw, still hasnt showed that he can play week-in-week-out in the premier league.

6 hours ago, Jason said:

Sure but let's not pretend Conte didn't ask for some really average (to put it kindly) players as well - e.g. Llorente, Candreva. We would just be replacing crap players with crap players.

he also wanted vvd, koulibaly, alex sandro, and many more better players. dont say like he wanted llorente and candreva as starters.

Just now, whats happening said:

he also wanted vvd, koulibaly, alex sandro, and many more better players. dont say like he wanted llorente and candreva as starters.

Many more better players like who? Matt Law made it sound as if Conte would have gotten rid of half the squad and brought in quality players all around when that wouldn't have been the case. 

57 minutes ago, Jason said:

Many more better players like who? Matt Law made it sound as if Conte would have gotten rid of half the squad and brought in quality players all around when that wouldn't have been the case. 

This...some people think its pretty easy to buy Alex Sandro to replace Alonso.

That Chelsea Reddit page is full of people with the same old common sense form yesterday. The word there is: the club needs stability and think long term. Abramovich bought Chelsea 15 years ago, and no other club in England won more trophies than Chelsea. Liverpool won just 3 trophies during this period: 1 Champions League, 1 FA Cup and 1 League Cup...but some people are pretty convinced they are doing a better job than Chelsea. City is spending money for fun, but right now their better result in Europe was not getting embarrassed by Real Madri in a UCL semi-final. 

City "long-term" project is spending big cash on players for fun and hiring the best manager in the world available (cheating the financial fair play in the process)...but people act like City superb squad is the product of a long term project from people who know how to run a club. City current squad is no more than the product from unlimited transfer budget.