test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

Started by Special Juan,

2,491 posts in this topic
2 hours ago, Henrique said:

Mate, City is full of expensive flops in recent years, Mangala and Bony to name a few. The thing os, they buy so many players in the transfer window that eventually some of them are good enough.

The Idea that City is this processional club, while Chelsea is a bunch of amateurs just doesnt make much sense.

City just have bigger money at the moment, and thats the only difference.

We have about 1/3rd less cash each summer compared to City, so yeah they can beat us there any day. BUT if we had smart board, we have enough cash to make great side. 

However we get rid of quality talent all the time and buy overrated shit. We dont have a DoF that would make some sort of plan for at least 2 summer windows and solve our key issues systematically.

We also splash cash on overrated or unproven and overpriced players. 

40m on Drinkwater? 60m on Pulisic?,...

We are somehow ready to splash 70m on Morata and 70m on Kepa, but at the same time we are not ready to pay bit more for quality unless its direct replacement for someone leaving. 

Our expensive additions came in Kepa who replaced Tibo, Morata who replaced Costa and Jorginho who replaced Bakayoko who replaced Matic. Pulisic I have feeling will be Hazard replacement if he leaves.

I have to wonder what did board expect in summer when they appointed Sarri. Sure he got Jorginho, but we also saw Kante shifted in different role, Azpi in entirely different system (both very consistent previous seasons), fullbacks who are realy bad for Sarri football, Morata who was just shit. Same goes for our players on RW. Then cherry on top, our midfield who should be extremely solid with all those players, turns to be our weak point after few months. No defensive stability, no creativity etc. 

In other words, if this club wants Sarri to succeed, either they have to spend like crazy or spend realy realy realy smart. I dont think we have capacity to do either. 

kc_blue likes this

2 hours ago, Henrique said:

Mate, City is full of expensive flops in recent years, Mangala and Bony to name a few. The thing os, they buy so many players in the transfer window that eventually some of them are good enough.

The Idea that City is this processional club, while Chelsea is a bunch of amateurs just doesnt make much sense.

City just have bigger money at the moment, and thats the only difference.

I agree, I don't want to use this city as example because it is a dangerous example. They can make bad signing and solve it in the next transfer window with ease. Similar to people who keep talking about how great our team in Mou and Ancelotti era. That team was like this city team. 

But back to our team. I support Sarri but if he is sacked so be it. But have a long term plan, if you want to play possession pressures football, don't veer off. People forget we hire AVB to change our football. We signed player to play this way. Hazard, kdb, mata. Technical player everywhere. It was a failure because change take time but more importantly AVB is just not good enough. But then we hire Mou and Conte. Back to counter attacking football and now back to possession football under Sarri. This kind of chop and change policy is too expensive in the long run. 

kc_blue likes this

20 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

I have to wonder what did board expect in summer when they appointed Sarri. Sure he got Jorginho, but we also saw Kante shifted in different role, Azpi in entirely different system (both very consistent previous seasons), fullbacks who are realy bad for Sarri football, Morata who was just shit. Same goes for our players on RW. Then cherry on top, our midfield who should be extremely solid with all those players, turns to be our weak point after few months. No defensive stability, no creativity etc. 

I know. Three of the most exciting teams last season were city, pool and spurs. The board want us to play that style. I don't know whether Sarri is the right man but does the board has the patient and money to support this change and does the fans be willing to accept a very up and down season.Because unless we can just spend 200 m in one summer it will be a long and painful journey. 

One example is changing our defending approach from defending deep (which is what we are known for years now, and very proud of) to defending by pressing. We simply cannot do it consistently because our team is just suck at pressing. But so far our defensive record was decent before this poor run of form because of our ability to retain possession. But it was masking our defensive deficiency. 

l think crisis is an exaggeration.  The Brit media had always been disreputable towards us .

A bad result but we move on . We can always hold our heads high as we are Chelsea and destiny is with us .

34 minutes ago, Romans disciples said:

l think crisis is an exaggeration.  The Brit media had always been disreputable towards us .

A bad result but we move on . We can always hold our heads high as we are Chelsea and destiny is with us .

Id say crisis is about right. More problems than just Sarri though. From top t.bottom there is problems. Board, lack of vision and poor recruitment. Manager, failing to motivate players. Players struggling to get to grips with the managers instructions or perform at times. Lack of youth being integrated over the last 10 years.

kc_blue and Henrique like this

Chelsea troubles run far deeper than Maurizio Sarri - he can't take all the blame

Ageing squad and disinterested owner point to bigger problems

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea/chelsea-troubles-run-far-deeper-than-maurizio-sarri-he-cant-take-all-the-blame-a4064131.html

1 hour ago, DDA said:

The inevitable reports coming out that Sarri has lost the dressing room. 

Our squad is an embarrassment. I have never felt as ashamed of our team of players than I do now.

The confusing thing is when i look at the squad namely the players that start i look and think who and how do we mentally collapse whenever we are in setbacks. The 15/16 squad were accused of similar but what has to be noted is i think only about 5 players remain from that squad so have we recruited badly (mentality wise) since or is it a club issue?

I don't think the squad are mentally weak (you don't win what we have since the core players were assembled if that were the case) and i actually think that could be part of the problem on a week by week basis, they want every match to be the big match, a match a trophy is within distance, for all the other faults you can't take away the fact they almost always deliver under those pressure situation's (which shouldn't be underestimated, look at how a very talented Spurs squad crack under the same pressure).

I don't think the players specifically are trouble makers either, not intentionally anyway i mean looking at our first eleven. Kepa, Jorginho, Kova and Higuain have just arrived, Rudiger, Luiz, Kante,and Azpi definitely don't fall into that category, Barkley seems determined to make it here, Hazard would have rage quit years ago if his attitude was a bad as myth portrayed and Pedro is a player who got to have the career he had mainly on attitude and application so i'd be amazed if he was a culprit. The only one's i look at out of regular starters and think maybe,are Alonso and Willian, and would those two alone be enough to sway a dressing room? There seems no obvious candidate looking at the second Xl with the possible exception of CHO. 

Seems to be deep rooted for some reason, Barca in 2008 Real (twice in a few years) and now United managed to solve similar issue's by appointing a club legend who got the club and had everyone singing from the same hymn sheet, should Sarri's position become untenable which looks a matter of time (which is a shame because i genuinely like what he's trying to do in terms of on the pitch but that's for another post) then i think it's time for us to do the same.

DDA and Superblue_1986 like this

[Matt Law] Maurizio Sarri's Chelsea fate hanging on crucial fortnight with Italian under pressure to win Europa League

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/02/11/maurizio-sarris-chelsea-fate-hanging-crucial-fortnight-italian/

"Having started so well under the latest head coach, Chelsea players have become bored by Sarri’s rigid training methods and overwhelmed by the tactical information he has tried to instil in them over recent weeks.

His preference to start most of his training sessions at 3pm has also been unpopular with a number of players, who had become used to earlier routines under previous managers. But the players were called in during the morning on Monday."

After we tried a counter attacking coach in Conte and now a Possession coach in Sarri, I think we need a new coach who can pamper these players so that they wont get angry.

As a posession coach he's not doing anything that great.... Be nice to have posession and actually win rather then have it all and lose. That's the issue with his play. Which part the reason why we've gone from being 11 ahead to 1 behind. 

The dressing room situation has been and always will be pathetic. Have respect ffs. 

I'd give Sarri another season and two more transfer windows to show what he's got. I think any manager deserves two full seasons, at least one full pre-season and four transfer windows to shape the squad to his liking. We need to get rid of those rotten players one way or another, might as well do that under Sarri's management. At least he will prefer technical and intelligent players that can be useful for any manager that tries to play modern football and not load the squad with players like Alonso, Willian, Drinkwater, Barkley etc. And even if he fails he will undoubtedly prepare the squad to play proper possession football and the new manager could pick it up and continue to build on that. 

Under the condition that he's forced to integrate several youth and loan players of his choice to the squad I am ready to back him up in this transition. I am sick and tired of blaming the manager every single time when it's clear that many of the problems lie elsewhere.

kc_blue likes this

50 minutes ago, DDA said:

The inevitable reports coming out that Sarri has lost the dressing room. 

Our squad is an embarrassment. I have never felt as ashamed of our team of players than I do now.

Mate, thats a problem in modern football. Players are the real bosses. Its not something related with this specific group of players. How many times a manager lost the dressing room? Scolari, AVB, Mourinho, Conte, Sarri. From Drogba and Lampard to William Ana Hazard. Dressing room is where the power is. When the players are not motivated or dont understand the tactics, they wont perform.

Something similar happened with United and Mourinho.

24 minutes ago, Tomo said:

The confusing thing is when i look at the squad namely the players that start i look and think who and how do we mentally collapse whenever we are in setbacks. The 15/16 squad were accused of similar but what has to be noted is i think only about 5 players remain from that squad so have we recruited badly (mentality wise) since or is it a club issue?

I don't think the squad are mentally weak (you don't win what we have since the core players were assembled if that were the case) and i actually think that could be part of the problem on a week by week basis, they want every match to be the big match, a match a trophy is within distance, for all their other faults you can't take away the fact they almost always deliver under those pressure situation's (which shouldn't be underestimated, look at how a very talented Spurs squad crack under the same pressure).

I don't think the players specifically are trouble makers either, not intentionally anyway i mean looking at our first eleven. Kepa, Jorginho, Kova and Higuain have just arrived, Rudiger, Luiz, Kante, and Azpi definitely don't fall into that category, Barkley seems determined to make it here, Hazard would have rage quit years ago if his attitude was a bad as myth portrayed and Pedro is a player who got to have the career he has mainly on attitude and application so i'd be amazed if he was a culprit. The only one's i look at out of regular starters and think maybe,are Alonso and Willian, and would those two alone be enough to sway a dressing room? There seems no obvious candidate looking at the second Xl with the possible exception of CHO. 

Seems to be deep rooted for some reason, Barca in 2008 Real (twice in a few years) and now United managed to solve similar issue's by appointing a club legend who got the club and had everyone singing from the same hymn sheet, should Sarri's position become untenable which looks a matter of time (which is a shame because i genuinely like what he's trying to do in terms of on the pitch but that's for another post) then i think it's time for us to do the same.

Don't forget too that the 3 months with Di Matteo we won the one trophy we could never seem to win with a far inferior squad.

A man manager is just as important as tactical in my opinion and sometimes having someone who's past experience as a player demands respect at that club and adoration from the fans helps lift everything. It is somebody the fans immediately like and can get behind and the manager in turn helps instill that confidence and pride of playing for a club that they have an affinity with.

What this club is starting to lose is the leaders and players who will give everything for the love of the shirt. You can't buy that into the club, it happens organically over time. But bringing in someone who already has been there for the club to oversee and motivate the players into that mindset will help that process.

For me if we change the manager, my first choice would be Lampard and Morris.

Clockwork, Bosnian Blue and Tomo like this

47 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I don't think the squad are mentally weak (you don't win what we have since the core players were assembled if that were the case) and i actually think that could be part of the problem on a week by week basis, they want every match to be the big match, a match a trophy is within distance, for all the other faults you can't take away the fact they almost always deliver under those pressure situation's (which shouldn't be underestimated, look at how a very talented Spurs squad crack under the same pressure).

I don't think the players specifically are trouble makers either, not intentionally anyway i mean looking at our first eleven. Kepa, Jorginho, Kova and Higuain have just arrived, Rudiger, Luiz, Kante, and Azpi definitely don't fall into that category, Barkley seems determined to make it here, Hazard would have rage quit years ago if his attitude was a bad as myth portrayed and Pedro is a player who got to have the career he had mainly on attitude and application so i'd be amazed if he was a culprit. The only one's i look at out of regular starters and think maybe,are Alonso and Willian, and would those two alone be enough to sway a dressing room? There seems no obvious candidate looking at the second Xl with the possible exception of CHO. 

Please do not forget Cahill. He is still there and I have a real suspicion that he is a back stabbing peice of shit. I saw the look on his face when he was asked about Conte at the end of last season after winming the cup. He had a look of a man who wanted Conte out and was a leader of the witch hunt. 

I did think the same though, that it is hard to believe the likes of Azpi, Eden, Luiz and co would be trouble makers. 

Maybe there is a staff issue. 

As you said, there seems to be a deep rooted toxicity at the club. 

Maybe a new owner is the only way to really rid of it.

Tomo likes this

25 minutes ago, Henrique said:

Mate, thats a problem in modern football. Players are the real bosses. Its not something related with this specific group of players. How many times a manager lost the dressing room? Scolari, AVB, Mourinho, Conte, Sarri. From Drogba and Lampard to William Ana Hazard. Dressing room is where the power is. When the players are not motivated or dont understand the tactics, they wont perform.

Something similar happened with United and Mourinho.

Player agents and money are to blame. 

You don't get this feeling of 'player power' at Spurs or even Arsenal. I think Ozil is the closest thing to a player not cooperating there. Look at that has turned out for him. 

Yes United definitely downed tools for Jose and even though i enjoyed it, what a crock of shit that was. Pathetic Pogba acting like a bitch. 

The simple fact of how much these players are being paid just makes the whole, 'player power' situation a complete and utter joke. 

These  crybabies should definitely  be sold if they request so. Kante is too nice to be part of this group(i suspect his agent might be pushing for a change) , Kepa, Kova, Higuain and Jorginho are all Sarri's signings, Hazard is leaving soon so it should be none of his business and Azpi was always loyal to our managers.

I am dead sure Willian is the mastermind behind this. He "loves" Chelsea, he sees himself as one of the biggest stars in the dressing room and is pushing the club for a new deal.Sarri's staying practically means Willian is gone in the summer and we all know how the Brazilian  twat will deal with this kind of stuff. 

kellzfresh, jernej93 and Vesper like this

Chelsea players 'deeply embarrased' after Man City defeat

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/11635404/chelsea-players-deeply-embarrased-after-man-city-defeat

The spurs defeat, the Arsenal defeat the Bournemouth defeat blah blah blah , stop playing embarrassingly and maybe just maybe ,they will not be deeply embarrased! Worst than drunken teenagers.

Vesper and Miguelito like this