Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

(Video): “Every single thing Sarri’s done… goes against every single thing proper managers do” – Sarri slammed in heated debate

https://www.chelsea-news.co/2019/02/video-every-single-thing-sarris-done-goes-every-single-thing-proper-managers-sarri-slammed-heated-debate/

On 03/02/2019 at 5:35 AM, xPetrCechx said:

Chelsea joined the race for Pochettino

https://chelseafclatestnews.com/chelsea-join-battle-to-sign-pochettino-140657/

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

He wouldn't come here but I swear to god, as much as I'm unconvinced with sarri, I wouldn't want podge anywhere near here. I know we constantly hear about how great he is blah blah blah. The guy is a serial loser and made the comment that winning trophies isn't all that and just gives players big ego's. Lol, no thanks fat lad. Stick with that lot

Chelsea's faith in Maurizio Sarri's philosophy is being tested

Maurizio Sarri's Chelsea project will take time but do they have the patience to stick with it? Perhaps they should heed the example of Manchester City, writes Adam Bate.

Whatever they decide comes at a cost. Failing to best utilise Kante is an opportunity lost. Abandoning trust in Sarri to make the sort of changes that were no doubt anticipated as likely from the outset, would feel like a misstep too. Either way, these are problems that might well have been avoided if Chelsea had more clarity about the club it wants to be.

Can read the rest online, but that ending point is the sticking point. As a club we have no clarity. 

Transfer ban looming. Market inflation higher than ever. Loan policy to be restricted. 

You'd think now would be a great time for stability at this club. Given how the club bent over backwards to get Sarri, (even disposing Conte like he was nothing) has me thinking they are leaning towards a long term plan. 

They compare us to City and Pep, how it's taken a season for things to work. It fails to mention that City were already used to attacking football under Pellegrini, not to mention they have a team stacked with players that fit Pep's mold. We have players who have been used to conservative football for going on 5 years. Sarri is now in charge of changing the entire playing culture of the club. 

If anything, he will need more time. 

5 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Transfer ban looming. Market inflation higher than ever. Loan policy to be restricted. 

You'd think now would be a great time for stability at this club. Given how the club bent over backwards to get Sarri, (even disposing Conte like he was nothing) has me thinking they are leaning towards a long term plan. 

They compare us to City and Pep, how it's taken a season for things to work. It fails to mention that City were already used to attacking football under Pellegrini, not to mention they have a team stacked with players that fit Pep's mold. We have players who have been used to conservative football for going on 5 years. Sarri is now in charge of changing the entire playing culture of the club. 

If anything, he will need more time. 

also man city corrupting ffp and spent half a bil before winning anything!

1 hour ago, Warning_Hazard said:

also man city corrupting ffp and spent half a bil before winning anything!

Corrupting FFP? Lets not beat around the bush, we were one of clubs in the UK to throw shit loads of money at everything when Roman took over back in the day.

The likes of Real, us, PSG, City are all equally responsible for FFP in my eyes and the inflation in transfer fees over the last 15 years. Sure City and PSG have found more loopholes now but years and years ago we would just blow teams out the water, double the wages and agent fees etc. It worked no doubt but bit hypocritical because a lot of our success in the last 15 years has been bankrolled with huge spending on transfer fees and wages. Thats the reality of it. 

10 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Corrupting FFP? Lets not beat around the bush, we were one of clubs in the UK to throw shit loads of money at everything when Roman took over back in the day.

The likes of Real, us, PSG, City are all equally responsible for FFP in my eyes and the inflation in transfer fees over the last 15 years. Sure City and PSG have found more loopholes now but years and years ago we would just blow teams out the water, double the wages and agent fees etc. It worked no doubt but bit hypocritical because a lot of our success in the last 15 years has been bankrolled with huge spending on transfer fees and wages. Thats the reality of it. 

No, you misunderstood I think. The poster meant Shitty cheated at FFP. Aka committed fraud. So did PSG.

Just now, Vesper said:

No, you misunderstood I think. The poster meant Shitty cheated at FFP. Aka committed fraud. So did PSG.

Meh maybe. But again, does it really matter? Many other clubs would do it too if they had the means, such as billionare royal family owners who own companies worth billions that could deliver recordbreaking commercial sponsorship deals for stadium names etc, lets not kid ourselves.

10 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Meh maybe. But again, does it really matter? Many other clubs would do it too if they had the means, such as billionare royal family owners who own companies worth billions that could deliver recordbreaking commercial sponsorship deals for stadium names etc, lets not kid ourselves.

You should (if you have not yet) look at the Football Leaks accusations from Der Spiegel in Germany. Shitty and PSG committed hundreds of millions in fraud combined, far beyond anything seen before.

Here is just a taste

http://www.spiegel.de/international/manchester-city-exposed-bending-the-rules-to-the-tune-of-millions-a-1236346.html

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

You should (if you have not yet) look at the Football Leaks accusations from Der Spiegel in Germany. Shitty and PSG committed hundreds of millions in fraud combined, far beyond anything seen before.

Here is just a taste

http://www.spiegel.de/international/manchester-city-exposed-bending-the-rules-to-the-tune-of-millions-a-1236346.html

Ive seen it. Duncan Castle also exposed it. Still, hardly surprising.

10 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Ive seen it. Duncan Castle also exposed it. Still, hardly surprising.

Hopefully something is done about it. That said, I am not a fan of FFP. If teams want to toss away a billion quid, let them. My dream owner would be Bezos. Even after this divorce he will still be worth over £100m. Would be nice to go head to head with Shitty, Manure, Victimpool, PSG, Barca, and Real (Atletico Madrid, Juve and Bayern would be outgunned) and pull in truly top players at every position. Even Ratcliffe could somewhat get us there.

A girl can but dream, lolol

tenor.gif?itemid=5926302

DEJA VU 

Maurizio Sarri’s reign at Chelsea shares similarities with Luiz Felipe Scolari – can he survive?

Could history repeat itself a decade on at Chelsea for Maurizio Sarri?

1 hour ago, mccg said:

DEJA VU 

Maurizio Sarri’s reign at Chelsea shares similarities with Luiz Felipe Scolari – can he survive?

Could history repeat itself a decade on at Chelsea for Maurizio Sarri?

Scolari was Ashley Cole's favourite manager, was shocked to see that