Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

1 minute ago, petre.ispirescu said:

You would be totally right if this was an unknown manager trying things for the first time to see if it works or not. But this guy has made Napoli play some great football with no superstars in his team. It is why Chelsea hired him and the hope is not that we would like him to turn out to be like Klopp or Pep, but to replicate the football Napoli played. 

I'm not the one who's been endlessly making comparisons between Sarri's situation with Klopp's or Guardiola's. The club may have hired him for his style but don't think they did for his ridiculously stubborn ways of doing things.

5 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Was Napoli that boring as this Chelsea? Never. Were they clueless in the final third? No way. I am saying it again - Napoli never played like Chelsea play these days, that team was different in all aspects. 

And you would expect Sarri to bring the same methods he used there and I am 100% he did that, but why it is not working? It's either because the players are not good enough or simply don't want to pick up his methods, I guess Hazard would rather dribble past 10 players and cut inside just to pass it to Azpilicueta, or Willian would take 100 touches before doing something stupid like he does all the time. Our wingers no matter who plays there simply take stupid decisions instead of doing the exact same things Insigne, Callejon, Mertens used to do. 

Of course you are going to have tons of possession if all three midfielders are happy to just pass the ball and your wingers don't shoot, or run in behind, or try some quick one twos. Nobody in this team takes any risks, of course everything is boring as fuck. Does Sarri instruct them to? Not in a million years, I don't believe this for a moment. 

I don't know whether you genuinely believe in Sarri or just want to for the sake of it and hope that he will turn out great. I can easily point out that Van Gaal created great teams in the past but when he went to Man United, he looked out of his depth. The football was dull, he was stubborn, clueless and eventually, he got the sack. And that's a manager who has won tons of trophies in his career while Sarri hasn't and only has 1-2 good seasons at ONE club to show for it. Also, this continuous bashing of the squad is getting ridiculous with each passing day. Sure, I agree that the overall isn't great but the players aren't complete idiots or do not lack zero quality. They wouldn't have won some of the biggest trophies in football if they are rubbish. Sarri has been here for 6-7 months and if he can't get the players to, at the very least, do some of the things that he wants them to, then maybe he should be questioned more than anyone else on whether he is getting his message across correctly. Judging by the some of the comments here, you would think Sarri's football is from outer space or something and that the players need an Albert Einstein-esque brain to learn it! Moreover, you and others keep on pointing the finger at the players that they can't do this and that in Sarri's system, doesn't that highlight Sarri's own incapability of adapting to his players? We all can see that things aren't working the way Sarri wants them to. So, why is he imposing his approach on them? Why does he not make subtle tweaks here and there to his football style to get the best out of what he's got at the moment? There is more than one way of playing good, attacking football but with Sarri, he seems to know only one way of executing his style. Unless he learns to be flexible/adaptable, his stubbornness will be his downfall at the club.

11 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

The way he apologized to the fan who confronted him.......I dont think he will be here too much longer. I dont think he has the mentality to deal with this.

It was a breath of fresh air. He took the burden on his shoudlers and represented the donkies he is trying to coach. That takes a real man. It is just a shame our selfish players don't recognise this.

Just now, DDA said:

It was a breath of fresh air. He took the burden on his shoudlers and represented the donkies he is trying to coach. That takes a real man. It is just a shame our selfish players don't recognise this.

Even if the players had come to apologize, they would probably have gotten abused.

In any case, action speaks louder than words. Would rather Sarri start being less stubborn and all that and the players buck up the ideas on the pitch rather than throw some hollow words around.

1 hour ago, petre.ispirescu said:

And you would expect Sarri to bring the same methods he used there and I am 100% he did that, but why it is not working? It's either because the players are not good enough or simply don't want to pick up his methods.

Or because his methods do not work in more physical and much faster league than Serie A. Also, see how bad his Napoli was in Champions League/Europa League.

11 hours ago, Jason said:

Yeah but they adapted, eventually. Our problems are clear and obvious but is Sarri doing anything? Nope. No tactical tweaks, no switch of formation, no nothing!

Again, you are confusing the criticism of Sarri with his style. Have no issues about with his style, but rather how he's going about it to implement that style!

How did they adapt? They still play the same styles they've always used in their careers... its just better because they were more persistent with it at the beginning. Klopp and Pep both still hardly rotate that often too.

Sometimes to change the culture and style you need to be more drastic, if Sarri has to do what he has to do to get us there then so be it. Seems some people just dont want to change and would rather we were this quick fix team who changed manager every 2 years,  yes theres been success but success wont always happen with this method.

I think we have lost sight of what Sarri is TRYING to do and what happens in it.

Everyone moaning bitching whining about the sideways,backpassing - thats for a reason. But its pointless UNLESS the players take advantage of the spaces it creates.

You say he doesn't try new things and is stubborn. OK yes in some ways.

But please - just do me a favor. Go grab the Shitty game - only played it 2 months ago.

We had a OK 1st half. Sarri went in at half time told them some changes and we came out and took them apart.

Shitty like everyone else sat back tight waiting.

We was passing it sideways,back,sideways,forward,back and thats to get the other team to come out and get pissed off.

It worked.

It brought out the forwards and broke up their shape.

Our lads saw it and they were in like Flynn!"

We took control of the center 1/3 of the pitch real tight. Even Kepa was 1/2 way up to the 1/2 way line.

Wee Baldy Man was closer to Jorgi for backup, but still close enough to press high up.

That there was our perfect set up.

I had been away and not seen a game in months and the very 1st thing I did when I got in was grab that game, I didn;t even know what the result was before hand.

It just blew me away how great we played. I was throwing myself around my chair I couldn't believe we were so good.

But the problem is we fuckin forget that. We supporters forget it. The players forget it.

This Sarri system CAN work. But the players HAVE to play it and not just do whatever the fuck they want!

I just saw this. The 24 man squad named for the rest of the season!!

Chelsea Premier League squad

(*Home grown)

Alonso Mendoza, Marcos

Arrizabalaga Revuelta, Kepa

Azpilicueta Tanco, Cesar

Barkley, Ross*

Borges Da Silva, Willian

Caballero Lazcano, Wilfredo Daniel

Cahill, Gary James*

Christensen, Andreas Bodtker*

Drinkwater, Daniel Noel*

Giroud, Olivier

Green, Robert Paul*

Hazard, Eden

Higuain, Gonzalo Gerardo

Jorge Luiz, Frello Filho

Kante, Ngolo

Kovacic, Mateo

Loftus Cheek, Ruben*

Luiz Moreira Marinho, David

Palmieri Dos Santos, Emerson

Piazon, Lucas Domingues*

Rodriguez Ledesma, Pedro Eliezer

Rudiger, Antonio

Van Ginkel, Marco Wulfert Cornelius

Zappacosta, Davide

Now doesn't that fill you all with cofidence!!! 

648ac7ade3132765d100f0e312a17953.gif

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

How did they adapt? They still play the same styles they've always used in their careers... its just better because they were more persistent with it at the beginning. Klopp and Pep both still hardly rotate that often too.

Sometimes to change the culture and style you need to be more drastic, if Sarri has to do what he has to do to get us there then so be it. Seems some people just dont want to change and would rather we were this quick fix team who changed manager every 2 years,  yes theres been success but success wont always happen with this method.

This pep adapt. Lol lol. I was laughing at all this pundit that say pep need to change his football to suit epl. Nope, that is not the problem. It was as simple as changing fb and gk. Problem solved. 

What people want is for us to basically forget about trying to develop Sarri football, he should maximize this team potential rather than developing his football . Then what is the point of hiring Sarri. It is like if we hire klopp but our team is suck at pressing so let's not press or hire pep but our team does not not know how to play possession football, so let's play on the counter more. 

8 hours ago, whats happening said:

he's done then. players will sabotage him for sure.

The manager is stubborn to adapt and that's the player's fault. Of course!

8 hours ago, BlueSunshine said:

No top manager will want the job if we sack Sarri this season. Like him or not, he is highly regarded in the football world, both for his football ideas/tactics and his ethos, I have read so many interviews of players and managers who were praising him. I am afraid that sacking him will have a really negative impact on our already bad reputation with managers.

I'm sure you can easily find comments from managers that they still highly regard Mourinho. But does that really mean much?

8 hours ago, BlueSunshine said:

And that is exactly what baffles me the most. Are all those Chelsea fans that are asking for his head considering the implications of sacking him, or they just want to see Chelsea winning the next match even if it means that we will never have a long term plan as a club? I am not even taking part in the whole "who's fault is it" debate, i am just tired of talking the same fucking things every couple of years and genuinely worried about the direction that our club is taking

Has anyone considered that maybe Sarri's and methods just do not work in England? Has anyone considered maybe this job is just too big for someone like Sarri, who let's face it, only has decent success at ONE club for 1-2 seasons. Have seen plenty of people who want Sarri to stay but have not seen a convincing argument on why he should stay based on what he is doing THIS season. All the arguments have just been (a) look at Guardiola/Klopp's first season and look where they are now, (b) he needs time, his own players or basically, (c) it's the players' fault or (d) backing the manager for the sake of it. Sarri has shown that he incapable of adapting, be flexible etc and those were some of the things we criticized Mourinho, Conte for in the past and some even wanted them out because of that. So, why is Sarri getting the free pass now? No manager will succeed at the highest level if he's stubborn and can't adapt.

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

For the love of god Ryan, I'm not asking Sarri to change his style but rather how he's going about in implementing it! Are you really telling me that you're happy with Sarri just rolling out the 4-3-3, same like-for-like players, making no tactical alterations, no Plan B?! Even some of the poorer sides in the league are finding it easy to play against us! Klopp and Guardiola have their style but unlike Sarri, they aren't averse to making changes, to tweaking things! Am all for the manager to stay long term but in Sarri's case, he is showing that he's a one trick pony and he's going to get himself sacked if he continues to be that, regardless of his style.  

And oh, Klopp and Guardiola hardly rotate that often? There's a game like every 3-4 days in England, you can't say that they do not rotate often. Plus, have seen people go nuts over their Fantasy Premier League team every week because of Guardiola's constant rotation.

21 minutes ago, mccg said:

Chelsea boss Sarri thinks backroom staff are LEAKING information to Granovskaia - Castles

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1081443/Chelsea-Maurizio-Sarri-Granovskaia-Roman-Abramovich-Duncan-Castles

The plot thickens

They're probably the same back stabbing snake cunts thats always kissed her arse!

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

I just saw this. The 24 man squad named for the rest of the season!!

Chelsea Premier League squad

(*Home grown)

Alonso Mendoza, Marcos

Arrizabalaga Revuelta, Kepa

Azpilicueta Tanco, Cesar

Barkley, Ross*

Borges Da Silva, Willian

Caballero Lazcano, Wilfredo Daniel

Cahill, Gary James*

Christensen, Andreas Bodtker*

Drinkwater, Daniel Noel*

Giroud, Olivier

Green, Robert Paul*

Hazard, Eden

Higuain, Gonzalo Gerardo

Jorge Luiz, Frello Filho

Kante, Ngolo

Kovacic, Mateo

Loftus Cheek, Ruben*

Luiz Moreira Marinho, David

Palmieri Dos Santos, Emerson

Piazon, Lucas Domingues*

Rodriguez Ledesma, Pedro Eliezer

Rudiger, Antonio

Van Ginkel, Marco Wulfert Cornelius

Zappacosta, Davide

Now doesn't that fill you all with cofidence!!! 

648ac7ade3132765d100f0e312a17953.gif

Barella and Kante in a double pivot.

Oh wait........

46 minutes ago, mccg said:

Chelsea boss Sarri thinks backroom staff are LEAKING information to Granovskaia - Castles

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1081443/Chelsea-Maurizio-Sarri-Granovskaia-Roman-Abramovich-Duncan-Castles

The plot thickens

Are we seriously taking shit from Mourinho's mouthpiece that is Duncan Castles now? :lol: