Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

7 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

Football isn't just formation and possession. Judging the ability of players, reading opponents, fitness and nutrition programs, leadership, motivational skills, tactical flexibility, experience handling star players, ability to adapt to a new league. I can go on and on.

I don't get what you are saying.  If you are saying that pep is a better manager than Sarri, I think Sarri himself will agree with you. 

But the problem right now is not that, because Guardiola himself will struggle with this team. 

8 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

And that is what Sarri means by Hazard is an individualistic player. Sarri's system cannot survive without runners off the ball, and the attackers (Hazard, Willian and co) need to do more of that so that the midfield can find them with balls on the run not with their backs to goal.

In my post, I am talking more on the defensive phase. 

1 minute ago, Fulham Broadway said:

The players have allegedly been complaining theres too much.

Apparently, according to reports, Sarri insists that the players have a training session on match day, even though the players have questioned it.

To me, they should be jumping through hoops for the fortunes they’re earning, and be grateful for every bit of it

Fucking snowflakes they are, over pampered fucking clowns.

15 minutes ago, communicate said:

I don't get what you are saying.  If you are saying that pep is a better manager than Sarri, I think Sarri himself will agree with you. 

But the problem right now is not that, because Guardiola himself will struggle with this team. 

That assumption is not an excuse for Sarri. You might think the guy who called Alonso the best left back in Europe is the right guy to solve our problems, I don't.

3 hours ago, Unionjack said:

And I agree.

But I'm afraid I wouldn't stop there neither.

I'm all up for a COMPLETE overhaul but its always far easier to make the manager the scapegoat yet again and to get that  revolving door on spin mode once again.

We all know that just doesn't work.

Its the whole club that needs to be altered and the more I think about Mz @Vesper  thoughts about selling us to Ratcliffe or I'd like for someone like the septic Paul Allan who owns the Seahawks and Portland Trailblazers who has a lot of experience in running (or setting up a board to run) major sports clubs.  He would want to strip us right back and rebuild us. Bring in some of our old lads to try to explain what it means to be Chelsea. Give the club an identity again. Put some pride and passion into the spimeless shitbags!

I just want whats best for us and right now I think it;s hitting the 'restore' button!

history-eraser-button-ren-and-stimpy-car

Paul Allen is dead.

Ratcliffe or Bezos for me.

7 hours ago, Mana said:

Here we go again with another Pep v. Sarri first season comparison that don’t make sense.

It is no different than like a Pep v. Emery first season comparison.

The difference is that Emery sets up his teams with the opponents team in mind. Pep and Sarri set up their way regardless of what the opponent does, everyone has to react to them and not the other way around (the exception being Liverpool away for City when they were far more defensive). An Emery comparison would make far less sense than the other two.

You can exclude the managers anyway, that wasn't the basis of what was trying to be said & in no way an attempt to push our failings under the rug.  It was more a look at City's on pitch problems compared to ours and how similar they were at this stage.

12 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

The players have allegedly been complaining theres too much.

Apparently, according to reports, Sarri insists that the players have a training session on match day, even though the players have questioned it.

To me, they should be jumping through hoops for the fortunes they’re earning, and be grateful for every bit of it

I honestly think we hire the wrong manager. . Maybe rather than go to extreme like Sarri or Pep type. We should have hired maybe a pellegrini type first. Then we bring Sarri. 

Sarri: “The situation in England is very clear. There are three teams above the others. In one, the coach arrived five years ago, in another four years ago, and in the other three years ago. English football is in the hands of these teams. They had a plan and were really patient. So we need to change mentality and go on. The situation for me is really clear.”

One thing I am glad is there are few fans who still support Sarri. Albeit in the minority.

I really hope we don't sack Sarri. I have been waiting for years for us to hire attacking coach, now we have one and imo a really good one. We need to give him opportunity to change our team. I will give him at least 2 seasons. 

19 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Paul Allen is dead.

Ratcliffe or Bezos for me.

LOL Fucks my idea up then eh!!i

Someone similar then thats got history of handling large clubs and not just doing it for a hobby.

Tho I'm sure Roman does/did really enjoy supporting us too. You don't get as excited as he got at games unless its in your heart too.nt

If we are to compare anything it is the situations of these managers and not their playing style. Two have had at least five or six full transfer windows to rebuild and were given big funds, whereas the other is being crucified after half a season and one outfield player to suit his tactics. Now two, with Higuain. What is funny is that Klopp could end his fourth season there trophyless and would probably still be backed by the fans. 

Things must change drastically at the end of the season and frankly I'd rather we stick to Sarri and rebuild around Jorginho and Higuain, players that would fight for the manager, rather than keep the current underperforming/unhappy ones. 

Time to move on from Hazard, Willian, Pedro, Cahill, Luiz and others that have a (toxic) influence in the locker room. If it was me in charge I'd shift Azpilicueta, too, at the very first offer. No need for Kovacic also so give the funds to Sarri and let him rebuild with players he trusts. 

Funny how Maurizio is using Kloop and Pochettino as epitome of managers of successful clubs yet they are combined 8 years in England without trophy and he can win hes first in a couple of weeks after just six months here and probably will win something this season. 

8 minutes ago, Tomo said:

You mean the Willian that's he benches a significant amount of time when he plays a striker and Pedro is fit?

Really? Pedro missed 4 league games this season while Willian missed 1 and the latter has played 1,542 minutes compared to the former's 1,165.