test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
the wes

Kasper Schmeichel

Started by the wes,

Schmeichel would be a Drinkwater mk.II.

Don't get me wrong he's a good keeper and has matured and improved significantly over the last 3 or 4 years, carving his own career out of his father's shadow. But in my opinion he is at the level he should be at.

It will be extremely difficult to find a keeper as good as Courtois to replace him should he leave because he's probably within the top 5 in the world. But we should be going for a higher calibre with the greatest respect to Schmeichel.

We should let Liverpool to buy Alisson and instead of him buy this guy. Yes, he's 31 but in my opinion, he's World Class Goalkeeper not good as his father :D but still not bad. We should spend more money on Winger rather then Goalkeeper. Next Summer we can aim for better Keeper, but i  doubt because Schmeicel can show us how good he is. Let Liverpool overpay for Alisson. They perfectly know how to overpay for a player. 

29 minutes ago, Liuxas said:

We should let Liverpool to buy Alisson and instead of him buy this guy. Yes, he's 31 but in my opinion, he's World Class Goalkeeper not good as his father :D but still not bad. We should spend more money on Winger rather then Goalkeeper. Next Summer we can aim for better Keeper, but i  doubt because Schmeicel can show us how good he is. Let Liverpool overpay for Alisson. They perfectly know how to overpay for a player. 

Could he be the type of keeper we need in a Sarri system?

I would like to see Schmeichel here. He has good distribution, world class penalty stopper, commands his area well. Isn't as glamorous as Alisson or as Imposing as Courtois but I think he has the right mindset and would jump at the chance to play for a big club. 

Kasper is a very good Goalkeeper. I wouldn't mind him at all. The comparisons between him and Willy are disrespectful. Kasper commands his area well and is a good shot stopper. Not sure wether he is Andrea Pirlo in regards to his distribution though.

Jesus Christ, I thought Kasper was in his early to mid twenties! He's 31!? Having not payed attention to his career at all I figured he was still young. Not sure how I feel about him.

NVM, he's 31?! I thought he was about 25. May as well go in for Keylor Navas if that's the case. At least with Donnarumma he's got many years left, but will want big wages. 

1 minute ago, It's too big said:

NVM, he's 31?! I thought he was about 25. May as well go in for Keylor Navas if that's the case. At least with Donnarumma he's got many years left, but will want big wages. 

So what? 31 is perfect age, he is in his prime. We don’t have to buy every single player for 10-15 years. 

Azpinator likes this

If he can be brought for a respectable price I don't mind it, but the other problem with Liverpool buying Alisson (the first problem being he was seemingly our first choice and all our eggs looked to be in his basket) is that by spending so much money on him they could well have fucked the market for goalkeepers which will make it even more difficult for us to replace Courtois sufficiently without being ripped off. If Schmeichel is available for anything up to £25-30m then he would be an option but if he's valued at significantly more I would be extremely against this move.

Danny Ward is seen as competition for Kasper not a replacement, I seem to remember Leicester have already sold a reserve keeper Ben Hamer.

12.5m is quite a bit for a reserve GK