Kasper Schmeichel

the wes

Chelsea and Roma are interested in signing Leicester City goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel, according to Sky sources.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/11423798/leicesters-kasper-schmeichel-interesting-chelsea-and-roma

fs Chelsea let roma sign him so we can go for Alisson

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Schmeichel would be a Drinkwater mk.II.

Don't get me wrong he's a good keeper and has matured and improved significantly over the last 3 or 4 years, carving his own career out of his father's shadow. But in my opinion he is at the level he should be at.

It will be extremely difficult to find a keeper as good as Courtois to replace him should he leave because he's probably within the top 5 in the world. But we should be going for a higher calibre with the greatest respect to Schmeichel.

• 3 weeks later...

We should let Liverpool to buy Alisson and instead of him buy this guy. Yes, he's 31 but in my opinion, he's World Class Goalkeeper not good as his father :D but still not bad. We should spend more money on Winger rather then Goalkeeper. Next Summer we can aim for better Keeper, but i  doubt because Schmeicel can show us how good he is. Let Liverpool overpay for Alisson. They perfectly know how to overpay for a player. 

29 minutes ago, Liuxas said:

We should let Liverpool to buy Alisson and instead of him buy this guy. Yes, he's 31 but in my opinion, he's World Class Goalkeeper not good as his father :D but still not bad. We should spend more money on Winger rather then Goalkeeper. Next Summer we can aim for better Keeper, but i  doubt because Schmeicel can show us how good he is. Let Liverpool overpay for Alisson. They perfectly know how to overpay for a player. 

Could he be the type of keeper we need in a Sarri system?

I would like to see Schmeichel here. He has good distribution, world class penalty stopper, commands his area well. Isn't as glamorous as Alisson or as Imposing as Courtois but I think he has the right mindset and would jump at the chance to play for a big club. 

Kasper is a very good Goalkeeper. I wouldn't mind him at all. The comparisons between him and Willy are disrespectful. Kasper commands his area well and is a good shot stopper. Not sure wether he is Andrea Pirlo in regards to his distribution though.

Jesus Christ, I thought Kasper was in his early to mid twenties! He's 31!? Having not payed attention to his career at all I figured he was still young. Not sure how I feel about him.

1 minute ago, It's too big said:

NVM, he's 31?! I thought he was about 25. May as well go in for Keylor Navas if that's the case. At least with Donnarumma he's got many years left, but will want big wages. 

So what? 31 is perfect age, he is in his prime. We don’t have to buy every single player for 10-15 years. 

If he can be brought for a respectable price I don't mind it, but the other problem with Liverpool buying Alisson (the first problem being he was seemingly our first choice and all our eggs looked to be in his basket) is that by spending so much money on him they could well have fucked the market for goalkeepers which will make it even more difficult for us to replace Courtois sufficiently without being ripped off. If Schmeichel is available for anything up to £25-30m then he would be an option but if he's valued at significantly more I would be extremely against this move.

Danny Ward is seen as competition for Kasper not a replacement, I seem to remember Leicester have already sold a reserve keeper Ben Hamer.

12.5m is quite a bit for a reserve GK

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You