test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

Final - Knockout Stage Thread

Started by Jason,

394 posts in this topic
fuck it, ill say it now, i want a new World Cup winner, tired of the same lot winning it, higher chance of it happening this time around i think
Croatia, Belgium, England and Uruguay have a real shot at this. I include Uruguay and England here because the last time they won people were still riding horses to work. Out of this lot I'd rather Belgium or Croatia did it. Ideally Sweden would win it but I don't have much faith in them... Whoever they would face in the final would be too tough a nut to crack.

It will be France or Brazil though won't it..

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Johnnyeye likes this

47 minutes ago, manpe said:

Croatia, Belgium, England and Uruguay have a real shot at this. I include Uruguay and England here because the last time they won people were still riding horses to work. Out of this lot I'd rather Belgium or Croatia did it. Ideally Sweden would win it but I don't have much faith in them... Whoever they would face in the final would be too tough a nut to crack.

you also need that bit of luck in these tournaments no matter how good you are, too many good teams have failed in the past, at the end of the day what matters is who wants it more. Lets just enjoy the ride and see who makes it to the finish line, we will all be in for a treat for sure. Cheers ;)

communicate likes this

1 hour ago, manpe said:

If we had lost to England we'd have gotten an almost free ride to the finals, Brazil will be too much for us. I'm afraid quarters is where it'll end.

This is my tactical solution to the problems Belgium faced against Japan. If  Martinez doesn't learn and Belgium use the same tactics they used againt Japan, Brazil would destroy Belgium and I seriously don't want to see that cunt Neymar prevail in a one-sided game against Eden :

Belgium's best chance against Brazil is to adapt a hybrid of a 3-4-3 with the ball and 3-5-2 without the ball. Dembele needs to replace the ineffectual Mertens and De Bruyne should be pushed up to a right inside forward next to Hazard and Lukaku. Neymar rarely tracks back and De Bruyne can exploit the spaces. Without the ball, Belgium will go to a 3-5-2 shape with Dembele, Witsel and De Bruyne forming the midfield trio, that way they are not overloaded by Brazil's extraman in midfield. So in essence, De Bruyne will be deployed in a similar way in which Mourinho once deployed Ramires in the past. As a CM and RAM. Also, Chadli should replace the underperforming and mentally weak Carrasco. Carrasco is a choker. He shouldn't play in this game. 

Johnnyeye and communicate like this

52 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

This is my tactical solution to the problems Belgium faced against Japan. If  Martinez doesn't learn and Belgium use the same tactics they used againt Japan, Brazil would destroy Belgium and I seriously don't want to see that cunt Neymar prevail in a one-sided game against Eden :

Belgium's best chance against Brazil is to adapt a hybrid of a 3-4-3 with the ball and 3-5-2 without the ball. Dembele needs to replace the ineffectual Mertens and De Bruyne should be pushed up to a right inside forward next to Hazard and Lukaku. Neymar rarely tracks back and De Bruyne can exploit the spaces. Without the ball, Belgium will go to a 3-5-2 shape with Dembele, Witsel and De Bruyne forming the midfield trio, that way they are not overloaded by Brazil's extraman in midfield. So in essence, De Bruyne will be deployed in a similar way in which Mourinho once deployed Ramires in the past. As a CM and RAM. Also, Chadli should replace the underperforming and mentally weak Carrasco. Carrasco is a choker. He shouldn't play in this game. 

It's probably going to be Fellaini not Dembele. Chadli for Carrasco will probably happen aswell. Martinez was really positive about Chadli even before the WC. 

9 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Not bothered in all honesty what happens now, cannot for the life of me get into anything to do with International football, bores the life out of me.

Club over country all day long for me.

I think a lot of it is to do with where your from and who you support. These days England fans are full of Bristol Rovers, Mansfield, Bury etc people who watch shit football and the numbers they bring away is usually one coach load. When England play they watch the best players and can go abroad and on the piss with thousands. I was brought up in Brent and went to school a couple of miles from Wembley so we used to bunk into England games it was so easy back then. I used to go to a lot of England games when I got older and there was a heavy Chelsea presence and England's firm were about 70% Chelsea few West Ham and other London clubs and Leeds 

heh absolutely right on Club vs International football.

WC is all about drama, but football-wise is just not comparable.

Ever wondered why NT never play against clubs (for friendlies)? they used to and did not go so well for them.

--

Eden will have the greatest opportunity of his entire career to deliver on this stage. With Danilo injury, fagner will be the RB for Brazil against Belgium on Friday. Fagner, is one of those bizarre inventions that the coaches/managers do (like Cabalero for argentina). He's a good rb for Brazil league standards, but is completely out of his depth at this level. He's only there because of Tite/corinthians connection. Renato Augusto is another weird one...

6 hours ago, Belgiannutt said:

It's probably going to be Fellaini not Dembele. Chadli for Carrasco will probably happen aswell. Martinez was really positive about Chadli even before the WC. 

Felliani is a good option off the bench. Judging by the style of play Martinez likes I'll like to believe he starts with Dembele. Fellaini always looks out of place in a passing game and he's pretty slow/not mobile player. The dream final is still Belgium v England. Hopefully you guys can do it on Friday.

14 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

FB_IMG_1530713911522.jpg

that colombian player is a cunt, should have seen red for that, colombian players were acting like thugs during the whole game, serves them right

16 hours ago, Weckerz said:

If we had lost to England we'd have gotten an almost free ride to the finals, Brazil will be too much for us. I'm afraid quarters is where it'll end.

believe in your team mate, this Brazil side will be put to the test against Belgium, i think you guys can do it with the right mentality and tactics, i will be rooting for you guys. Cheers and goodluck

Weckerz likes this

I think Martinez could go like this vs Brazil:

Tibo

Toby A.    Kompany  Vertonghen

Munier                                   Chadli

De Bruyne   Dembele

Mertens                            Hazard

Lukaku

6 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

I think Martinez could go like this vs Brazil:

Tibo

De Bruyne   Dembele

Mertens                            Hazard

Lukaku

I don't think De Bruyne is good enough defensively for a two man midfield.

How about this

Tibo

Witsel     Dembele

De Bruyne                            Hazard

Lukaku

Anyway it is going to be an awesome game. I hope Hazard is the one celebrating in the end.

Unionjack and Johnnyeye like this

7 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

I don't think De Bruyne is good enough defensively for a two man midfield.

How about this

Tibo

Witsel     Dembele

De Bruyne                            Hazard

Lukaku

Anyway it is going to be an awesome game. I hope Hazard is the one celebrating in the end.

youre right mate, your team selection looks much better, really hope Belgium can pull it off. Cheers

11Drogba likes this

17 hours ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

I did not watched Belgium vs Japan only vs Tunisia I think. I thought although Belgium won big, the game was too open. Kdb in midfield two is just way too open. I agree with you bringing Dembele and replace Mertens with kdb. That should give Belgium a bit more solidity

11 hours ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Felliani is a good option off the bench. Judging by the style of play Martinez likes I'll like to believe he starts with Dembele. Fellaini always looks out of place in a passing game and he's pretty slow/not mobile player. The dream final is still Belgium v England. Hopefully you guys can do it on Friday.

Hope so but i'm worried about us defensively. Even with that extra midfielder there we're still vulnerable at the back. 

I think both sides will be worried about the attack of the other team. I expect a closed off game unless an early goal happens. 

2 minutes ago, Belgiannutt said:

Hope so but i'm worried about us defensively. Even with that extra midfielder there we're still vulnerable at the back. 

I think both sides will be worried about the attack of the other team. I expect a closed off game unless an early goal happens. 

I think that extra midfield will help. There is no other solution, asking Lukaku and Hazard to work harder without the ball will be great but those are not their traits 

Between Brazil-Belgium-France eliminate one as possible finalists.