test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

Final - Knockout Stage Thread

Started by Jason,

394 posts in this topic
4 hours ago, Henrique said:

Croatia won't beat Russia. Brasi is doing better than France and are favorites to win.

Different groups, different opponents, and different conditions. Doing better is so relative at this time... The naive would say Belgium did better than Brazil in the group stages, but their opposition was championship level (except england but by then they rested players).

I look at the teams and France is better in many positions. We don't have anything like Pogba. Fagner is a liability and Eden will destroy him on Friday. Brazil CM has one great player and he's unavailable for Friday. Fernandinho and Paulinho are average... IMHO. :)

Both Brazil and France have poor strikers for diff reasons... Jesus is too green and Giroud too plain. France just has more of the good stuff IMO.

Belgium can beat Brazil too if they can get their defense sorted - not sure Martinez knows how to do it though (TIte does).

 

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont honestly give a toss who wins it tbh. Used to follow England away for ages but just lost interest in them. But I suppose I would like to see them win purely for the sake of English football. Open the rest of the worlds eyes up to players here whether it makes any difference who knows.

I know the Russian cops are earning big bucks. A friend phoned me yesterday from over there to wire him some money. He was walking round the streets with 3 mates drunk early in morning and cop van pulled them in. 2 had a bit of weed (3g between them) and 1 had no pasport on him. They got a £500 spot 'FINE' each or be arrested for DEALINGi. Ive come across bribery in many countries on travels and it seems Russia has lots of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I dont honestly give a toss who wins it tbh. Used to follow England away for ages but just lost interest in them. But I suppose I would like to see them win purely for the sake of English football. Open the rest of the worlds eyes up to players here whether it makes any difference who knows.

I know the Russian cops are earning big bucks. A friend phoned me yesterday from over there to wire him some money. He was walking round the streets with 3 mates drunk early in morning and cop van pulled them in. 2 had a bit of weed (3g between them) and 1 had no pasport on him. They got a £500 spot 'FINE' each or be arrested for DEALINGi. Ive come across bribery in many countries on travels and it seems Russia has lots of it.

Apart from Sweden I just hope a Chelsea player wins it! (Apart from Willian and Tibo, they can fuck off)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NiclasCFC said:

Apart from Sweden I just hope a Chelsea player wins it! (Apart from Willian and Tibo, they can fuck off)

Weren't so long ago we had the captains of alot of national tams play for us and the rest played for their nations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't like England going further maybe its because a lot of Spurs players are in it, Hope they crash out soon so that I can tweet 'football is coming home'  :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

early in morning and cop van pulled them in.

This is when they hunt. I spent a year in Russia and know many similar stories, it is almost always between the time the clubs are closed and early morning. During the day and at night in the clubs and bars people feel safe, overcome their prejudices about Russia, get confident and relaxed. It is better to just take a cab and go to your hotel afterwards instead of walking around, waiting for the subway to open etc.

Unionjack and Fulham Broadway like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xPetrCechx said:

Great!

Saw Russia stressful game too...

Shame not too many england fans here,dont know why...

 

Well I know of 2 who were refused entry at the airport and returned on another flight. But they are there now having flown via Turkey.

But from what Ive read online there were some NORMAL supporters put off from the images of their ultras and others about the political assassinations thinking there might be some UK bad feelings.

But read today that theres been bookings for our next game so we will see if theres any difference in English atmosphere.

xPetrCechx likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Am I the only one who finds this WC simply amazing? Yeah, many top sides failed, but it just makes everything realy unpredictable, there are no pushover sides here. So many cool games with tight results, lot of suspense and drama. Even in quarter finals, anything could happen. There is no standout team to win it. Russia, Uruguay, Sweden will realy test Croatia, England and France, while Belgium vs Brazil could be cracking, depends on who will have better day.

France, Belgium, Brazil are teams I hoped to win it and they have good chances. I wouldnt mind if Uruguay, England or Croatia win it either. So many likeable teams to watch from neutral point.

Awesome WC with no more Spain, Portugal and Argentina, meaning no media jerking off to spanish football and Real/Barca for once.

Agreed! I remember South Africa being a snoozefest in 2010, Brazil was better but this one is so fucking exciting and unpredictable, really high level. :P 

Oh and why the fuck is Lingaard a starter? He is the definition of mediocre, does nothing of note and mostly fucks up chances. 

bigbluewillie likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not bothered in all honesty what happens now, cannot for the life of me get into anything to do with International football, bores the life out of me.

Club over country all day long for me.

xPetrCechx likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Not bothered in all honesty what happens now, cannot for the life of me get into anything to do with International football, bores the life out of me.

Club over country all day long for me.

World Cup is an exception for me for some reason. For example in club football I don't give two shits about UCL when Chelsea isn't participating, I might muster some interest for the final but not much else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, manpe said:

World Cup is an exception for me for some reason. For example in club football I don't give two shits about UCL when Chelsea isn't participating, I might muster some interest for the final but not much else.

I'm only watching the WC simply for a 'football fix' nothing else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Special Juan said:

I'm only watching the WC simply for a 'football fix' nothing else.

What about your country participating in it? Some of you seem spoilt :P If Estonia were ever to get to WC (LOOOOOOL), it would be such a huge thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, manpe said:

What about your country participating in it? Some of you seem spoilt :P If Estonia were ever to get to WC (LOOOOOOL), it would be such a huge thing.

Cannot for the life of me get into it, England or not. I want to see 6-5 epics, shit loads of excitement whilst relaxing with a lager,:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, manpe said:

What about your country participating in it? Some of you seem spoilt :P If Estonia were ever to get to WC (LOOOOOOL), it would be such a huge thing.

Estonia are no England, aren't they? :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jason said:

Estonia are no England, aren't they? :P 

Almost :Goober:

xPetrCechx likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

fuck it, ill say it now, i want a new World Cup winner, tired of the same lot winning it, higher chance of it happening this time around i think

xPetrCechx and manpe like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.