test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

Final - Knockout Stage Thread

Started by Jason,

394 posts in this topic

Japan are weird. Needed a point against Poland but went all anti-football. Went 2-0 up against Belgium but continued to attack. Should have shut the game down. 

manpe and Johnnyeye like this

Was really impressed by Japan. Of course i wanted Belgium to go through for obvious reasons, but i really felt sorry for the Japanese players. They played their game without any sign of fear and imo they deserved to win.

Johnnyeye and manpe like this

Japan were just too naive imo, you are 2-0 up against Belgium with 20 mins to go, you have to defend a whole lot better than that, but many props to Belgium for the turnaround, this is a massive wake up call for the belgiums, no time and space for more errors as they will face Brazil next, it doesnt get any harder than this. This round of 16 has been very exciting, many cracking results, surprises and drama. Cheers

Brazil with Marcelo and without casemiro (their one great CM).

should be a great game, but tite (Brazil coach) will never play an open game, so Belgium need to get their defense sorted if to Have a shot.

remember Corinthians that beat us at the WCC? That was Tite coaching them. He’s all about defending even if he says otherwise.

Hazard has not even shown his true level yet in this tournament. He's like 70% right now. He's played in 30+ celsius weather in all 3 games and attentive Chelsea fans know that sunny weather conditions take more out of him than most other players. Still he has 3 MOTM awards, 2 goals and 2 assists in 3 games.

Next match against Brazil is in nice cool weather. It's one of the biggest games of his career. I expect him to show all his quality in that game. Fingers crossed his teammates actually step up and defend better/attack quicker. 

Well, congrats to Belgium and good luck against Brazil. Hopefully that 2 goals (and almost did a Karius once) wake Courtois up a little bit.

Brazil looking very solid in every positions and also quick. Belgium defence clearly should to be tweaked in training before the match.

Johnnyeye likes this

7 hours ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Hazard has not even shown his true level yet in this tournament. He's like 70% right now. He's played in 30+ celsius weather in all 3 games and attentive Chelsea fans know that sunny weather conditions take more out of him than most other players. Still he has 3 MOTM awards, 2 goals and 2 assists in 3 games.

Next match against Brazil is in nice cool weather. It's one of the biggest games of his career. I expect him to show all his quality in that game. Fingers crossed his teammates actually step up and defend better/attack quicker. 

The cold weather in Spain will be perfect for him then eh ;) 

I think hes had 1 good game but hes not had the career defining WC that was expected YET even with the 2 + 2. But I haven't seen the Eden I love yet. The one that comes out onto the pitch bouncing about, full of himself. Cheeky frin that says I', gonna fuck this game up. I really think hes trying too hard to impress instead of just being himself and have fun.

I hope he has a great rest of it. It will push his value up when in RM negotiations.

Johnnyeye likes this

6 hours ago, Unionjack said:

It will push his value up when in RM negotiations.

If Real wants him cough up the dough, starting bid at 150 Million Euros ;)

11Drogba and Unionjack like this

56 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

If Real wants him cough up the dough, starting bid at 150 Million Euros ;)

210 mill and take Tibo too.

Johnnyeye likes this

Sweden through. That must be something for Ibrahimovic's ego considering his comments...
What did he say? Happy for Sweden tho

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Johnnyeye likes this

12 minutes ago, manpe said:

What did he say? Happy for Sweden tho emoji847.png

"I think it's the biggest party in football, playing in the World Cup. All the best players are there. Zlatan is not there so… he should have been there. But he's not there.

'I won what I won. I played in Ajax, Juventus, Inter, Barcelona, Milan, PSG, Manchester United and Galaxy.

"So if you don't know how to do it collective why did you play in the biggest teams in the world, and you won? I know how to win, trust me. And I do it good."

Not to mention Sweden got much further without him this year than with him in the previous tournaments.

manpe likes this

Not to mention Sweden got much further without him this year than with him in the previous tournaments.
Does he seriously still refer to himself in third person? 🤨