test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

Final - Knockout Stage Thread

Started by Jason,

394 posts in this topic

I have just aged 10 years in an hour. Rakitić last penalty was like Drogbas 2012. Also, we were not good, but only clear chance in the whole game was ours.

Fernando and Johnnyeye like this

Just now, El P. said:

I have just aged 10 years in an hour. Rakitić last penalty was like Drogbas 2012. Also, we were not good, but only clear chance in the whole game was ours.

Looks like July 7 has now become July 11 for you? :P 

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Looks like July 7 has now become July 11 for you? :P 

Denmark almost got us, I am not THAT cocky to write off Russians, the hosts who sent Spain packing. :D

Johnnyeye likes this

1 minute ago, El P. said:

That game gave me my highest highs and lowest lows in my football life. There were tough old boys around me turned into blithering wimps. You could cut the atmosphere with a knife when Drogs stepped up for that last one. i felt physically sick/ Might have been the belly full of beer and hot dogs tho.

You can feel for both winners and losers in penalty shoot outs.

Johnnyeye, El P. and 11Drogba like this

This was THE GAME for Croatia. The game of this generation - getting to the quarters, that's the minimum everyone expected. We were massively unlucky in the past - EURO 2008 (8-finals, Turkey equalized in 120' min and got us on pens), EURO 2016 (8-finals, Portugal scored in 110 or something), EURO 2012 (in group with Spain and Italy, we actually played good, but they were finalists at the end and just too strong).

This is the last tournament of this generation, led by the great Luka Modrić. So, believe me, they are flying. This is everything to them, and to the most of this (almost) poor country.

Johnnyeye and Strike like this

4 hours ago, El P. said:

This was THE GAME for Croatia. The game of this generation - getting to the quarters, that's the minimum everyone expected. We were massively unlucky in the past - EURO 2008 (8-finals, Turkey equalized in 120' min and got us on pens), EURO 2016 (8-finals, Portugal scored in 110 or something), EURO 2012 (in group with Spain and Italy, we actually played good, but they were finalists at the end and just too strong).

This is the last tournament of this generation, led by the great Luka Modrić. So, believe me, they are flying. This is everything to them, and to the most of this (almost) poor country.

Good luck mate, hope you go all the way, keep believing in your team. Cheers

El P. likes this

How is it unsporting? Jorgensen was only trying to do his job and win the ball, which he wasn't really far off from doing so. There was nothing malicious about it.
He had no shot of winning the ball.

How do you win the ball going through the back of a player?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I know that Argentina vs France game was a fluke. Spain vs Russia game was so boring. One team defend deep and have no plan how to attack, the other team was happy to keep possession without making any progress. 

7 hours ago, El P. said:

Croatia has massive chance to at least go to final, imo they have one of the best midfield in the tournament. It is just a pity that in knockouts stage every team play super conservative, that include Croatia who was fantastic in group stage. It was similar to euro, I remember Croatia was brilliant in group stage and play conservative against a super defensive Portugal team. 

El P. likes this

I want to see Belgium out today simply for the fact of pushing eden n Tibo into making decisions

And Mexico to beat Brazil

2 hours ago, Thor said:

I'd do the same tbh. Professional foul

8 hours ago, Unionjack said:

I want to see Belgium out today simply for the fact of pushing eden n Tibo into making decisions

And Mexico to beat Brazil

Wouldn't it be better if Hazard makes his decision after we get Sarri and make some transfers?

2 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

Wouldn't it better if Hazard makes his decision after we get Sarri and make some transfers?

Well I was HOPING that IF Sarri was to be announced he might have been in touch with Eden as he must be aware of whats going on behind the scenes by now. And hes outlining his plans to him telling him hes important to his plans etc etc, Thats what I'd be doing in Sarris shoes anyway.

4 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Well I was HOPING that IF Sarri was to be announced he might have been in touch with Eden as he must be aware of whats going on behind the scenes by now. And hes outlining his plans to him telling him hes important to his plans etc etc, Thats what I'd be doing in Sarris shoes anyway.

I am not sure Sarri saying I will be at Chelsea and you will be important is enough to convince him to stay. Maybe Golovin, Rugani and other players should call him too. :D

Unionjack likes this

46 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

I am not sure Sarri saying I will be at Chelsea and you will be important is enough to convince him to stay. Maybe Golovin, Rugani and other players should call him too. :D

Well I hoped filling him in with his wants list might help the cause.

I'm not holding my breath tho as I see him leaving this summer no matter who comes in as hes got his excuses sorted already.

Just another position to fill - along with a keeper!

3 hours ago, Thor said:

Easy to say here and say that. Every player in that situation would try to save their team, even if they might not win the ball.

Unionjack likes this