test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

Final - Knockout Stage Thread

Started by Jason,

394 posts in this topic

Fully deserved. France faced much tougher opponents in the far stronger side of the bracket.

The game was ruined by the referee and VAR though. When you are not sure, don't give a penalty! Goals change games.

Yes, it was a dive by Griezmann, but the controversy ends there. Then Croatia does not defend the set piece and that is on them. 

Johnnyeye likes this

Kante is a world champion. The rise of that guy has been such a brilliant and romantic story. Much love for him.

Happy for Pogba. He gets so much shit for being himself. Also has to face unrealistic expectations every time he sets foot on a pitch. But he's enjoyed a fine tournament. Put personal glory aside to play for the team, looking like a proper centre midfielder throughout.

And I hope this is just the beginning of Mbappe's road to world domination. Became a fan the first time I saw him play. His achievements as a teenager have been nothing short of spectacular. Leading Monaco to a league title over a far superior team in PSG and arguably France's best performer in a succesful World Cup campaign. Fucking unbelievable.

Unionjack, RoyalBlues and Johnnyeye like this

11 minutes ago, DYC. said:

arguably France's best performer in a succesful World Cup campaign

Varane and kante imo are France best performer. 

Mbappe had 2 good games in this wc both against teams that has problem against pace. Argentina and Croatia. 

Johnnyeye likes this

1 hour ago, communicate said:

My team of the wc

Courtois 

Trippier - varane - no idea - no idea

Hazard - Modric - kante - mbappe 

Coutinho 

No idea

Courtois

Trippier - Varane - Umtiti - Munier

Kante       Modric

Coutinho

Hazard                               Mbappe

Kane

My team

communicate likes this

23 minutes ago, El P. said:

Incredibly proud of my boys. Silver with a golden shine.

Good game by France, bit unlucky with first two, but last two goals were totally on us.

Still very very happy at the end. :)

Poslano sa mog SM-A310F koristeći Tapatalk

Congrats for Croatia's amazing WC, tough luck in the final, but you guys should be very proud of your team and players, they did your country very proud. Cheers

El P. likes this

1 hour ago, El P. said:

Incredibly proud of my boys. Silver with a golden shine.

Good game by France, bit unlucky with first two, but last two goals were totally on us.

Still very very happy at the end. :)

Poslano sa mog SM-A310F koristeći Tapatalk

Was rooting for you guys. There's something very likable about this team; real fighting spirit. Pity you had to play so many extra times, boys must have been knackered. In the end got beat my a mediocre France with some fluke goals and dodgy keeping by Subasic.

You should be very proud

18 minutes ago, Weckerz said:

Was rooting for you guys. There's something very likable about this team; real fighting spirit. Pity you had to play so many extra times, boys must have been knackered. In the end got beat my a mediocre France with some fluke goals and dodgy keeping by Subasic.

You should be very proud

Just realized - three extra times played meant basically 1 additional match. Extra 90 minutes of play in the already tight schedule. And still gave it a fight in the final. Hats off.

Johnnyeye and Weckerz like this

This felt to me something like UCL 2012. After 10 years of trying and deserving better result, we FINALLY get it. Ok, it's not gold, but silver feels just right too.

We were winning this World Cup for ten years, not just for this one month. I can't describe to you what kind of shit is going on with politics and corruption in our football association (and in country in general, especially with economics), and as a result of that we had incompetent coaches like Igor Štimac or Ante Čačić, leading some world superstars. But, just before this World Cup things got a bit better and we (probably accidentally) got really good coach. It just feels like a cosmic justice. So it was all worth it, and this great generation can now retire in peace if they want. Or even play one more Euro.

manpe, communicate and Johnnyeye like this

A better wc than I predicted, VAR certainly help.

Tons of penalties,tons of own goal, exciting, entertaining, a very lopsided draw in knockout round, no standout team,no standout player, poor footballing quality in general, summed in a final that pretty much summarize the entire torunament.

Now let's start sarri ball era

What a chaos at Zagreb today. I am working close to main central square, streets are closed, I hope to get home alive later. :D Players are now traveling from airport to central square in a bus. Traveling through the city for two hours now already, their whole way is crowded with fans.

At the central square there are about 100 000 people.

milan.cech and Johnnyeye like this