test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

Final - Knockout Stage Thread

Started by Jason,

394 posts in this topic

hope they can keep it up for the second half. should have been 2-0..could have been more. hope they don`t rue those misses but still expect us to cause them problems at the back it`s if Croatia can score. they have those big game play ers but we have fearless players playing better and their backline is not gonna suddenly gain the pace that they need.

Incredible half by Croatia, such fighting spirit playing 3 x extra time in a week, they'll be knackered for the final.

Johnnyeye likes this

I love croatia, I thought they should have won the euros 2 years ago. Class team.

Johnnyeye likes this

So we will see a proper England v Belgium game after all. The one in the group stages was awful so hopefully they won't be too down and go for the bronze.

Johnnyeye likes this

England tired first, fitness levels from an England point of view were poor and showed. Modric is a fucking diamond, the yards he covers and the angles he shows in small pockets is quite simply outstanding.

The best team went through.

Johnnyeye likes this

On 7/7/2018 at 9:58 AM, Robguima said:

England were the clear favorites against Sweden, so just well done, no surprise there.

croatia is the clear fav against Russia and if through, will be a slight favorite against England.

brazil and Belgium was a toss up. Some would say brazil was a slight fav, but I just don’t think much of brazil midfield esp without casemiro: brazil has nothing like KDB too

France will be a slight fav against Belgium (would be against brazil too imo).

the most likely outcome is France and Croatia in the final, with france world champions. Of course anything can happen at this point.

should have put money where my mouth was. ;)

Johnnyeye likes this

well at some point England players seemed to believe their own hype. This England team is no better than any England team in the worlc cups from 2002 to 2014. They just faced their first strong opponent late and not already in the quarter final (brazil 2002, portugal 2006) 2nd round (Germany 2010) or group stage (uruguay, italy 2014). So they beat the weak teams like they should but in the end did not have the bottle to go past a combative and equal opponent.

manpe and nachikethas like this

22 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

well at some point England players seemed to believe their own hype. This England team is no better than any England team in the worlc cups from 2002 to 2014. They just faced their first strong opponent late and not already in the quarter final (brazil 2002, portugal 2006) 2nd round (Germany 2010) or group stage (uruguay, italy 2014). So they beat the weak teams like they should but in the end did not have the bottle to go past a combative and equal opponent.

not equal, superior (opponent).

One can argue that Croatia being tired leveled things, but there isn't really comparison between the squads, esp midfield. England has a very young team though, so if some of these players develop as they should, they could become really strong for Qatar. Ashley Young needs to retire for England and still remain playing for United though.:) He's so poor.

no psycho-anal-ysis from me..they just scored more goals than us. lasted longer in the tournament that everyone in the world but 2. a source of pride,just need to take the next step with our great crop of young talent coming through over the next few tournaments.

Johnnyeye likes this

Knew was gana happen after those misses.. Oh well.. Better then have done for a while! Plus we won a penalty shoot out this time so that's something to hold onto.. 

Johnnyeye likes this

28 minutes ago, Jason said:

FOR FUCK SAKE!

3. Me giving Kante Player of the Year (by supporters clubs) award at the Bridge

2. Winning UCL 2012

1. Croatia beating England to reach WC final

My happiest footballing moments... not bad, huh? :D I am still not aware what the fuck just happened... Dear Lord!

EDIT: And all of that in a day when we secure Sarri and Jorginho!!!

Johnnyeye likes this

Congrats to Croatia.

Total domination in the 2nd half. Please have a tons of rest. 3 120 minutes games in like 10 days. 

For england imo what a miss opportunity, in wc forget about being young bla2 when you have the chance you have to take it. 

El P. and Johnnyeye like this