test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

Final - Knockout Stage Thread

Started by Jason,

394 posts in this topic
54 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

He has to be worth a few quid more after Brazil!

Lets see if he can beat this against France

against France it will a different game, specially with the wee baldy man in their midfield, Hazard will not be allowed too many space for sure, it will be up to De Bruyne and Lukaku to try and draw defenders as much as possible to allow Hazard to work his magic. There will be many key battles in this game, specially in midfield, you've got Pogba, Kante, Matuidi, Colisso against the likes of Fellaini, Witsel, Dembele, etc. France clearly has the much better midfield, Belgium cannot afford to leave the midfield exposed, maybe they should try a 3 man midfield for this one, maybe Witsel, Dembele, and Fellaini with a attacking trio of Hazard, De Bruyne and Lukaku, Munier, Vertonghen, Kompany and Alderweireld in a back four, with Courtois in goal, classic 4-3-3, thats my opinion at least. Any toughts?

Unionjack likes this

It's fucked up when you don't score in good time and only get lead in 110'. Russia is playing REALLY compact if they don't have to chase the lead, they like waiting for pens. If only that Perišić shoot didn't hit the woodwork, things would be easier. Again we progressed with a bit of luck, in a game we should've won a lot more easily. That's why I don't fuck know what would happen against England, but they should at least not play defensive like Russia or Denmark so Modrić and co. should have more space.

Again I lost another 10 years of my life, but it was worth it. GET IIIIIIIN! AJMOOOOO!

Unionjack likes this

1 minute ago, Johnnyeye said:

against France it will a different game, specially with the wee baldy man in their midfield, Hazard will not be allowed too many space for sure, it will be up to De Bruyne and Lukaku to try and draw defenders as much as possible to allow Hazard to work his magic. There will be many key battles in this game, specially in midfield, you've got Pogba, Kante, Matuidi, Colisso against the likes of Fellaini, Witsel, Dembele, etc. France clearly has the much better midfield, Belgium cannot afford to leave the midfield exposed, maybe they should try a 3 man midfield for this one, maybe Witsel, Dembele, and Fellaini with a attacking trio of Hazard, De Bruyne and Lukaku, Munier, Vertonghen, Kompany and Alderweireld in a back four, with Courtois in goal, classic 4-3-3, thats my opinion at least. Any toughts?

Think you touched all the bases ,ate and as usual I agree about the majority

It has all the makings on a truely blinding game if both teams turn up looking to have a go.

England need to learn how to change gear and take it up a notch or Croatia is going to be trouble for them.

Shame they couldnt have done the 1/4s 1 a day cause I'm bored stupid.

Time for a trip to the pub I reckon and am afternoon with the vape watching season 1 of Marvels Inhumans. Ah well!! :)

Johnnyeye likes this

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

He has to be worth a few quid more after Brazil!

if only the club gave him the proper players to support him during games we might not be even be thinking of losing him, after this WC its a safe bet Madrid will come for him, altough i still have hope we can hold on to him, but the fact he has stayed with us since 2012 and has helped us win all the silverware he could, we should be very grateful to him and to have had the pleasure to have seen him play for us. No matter what happens after the WC he will always be one of the best players to ever grace the Stamford Bridge pitch alongside Zola, Lamps, and co. Cheers

communicate likes this

Belgium are the betters of France but the bookies have nominated France as the favourite.
For England it's Wembley-1971 days:

13 hours ago, Duppy Conqueror said:

on here it was one guy only and that person is Greek.

whoever won the England v Sweden game knew they would be underdogs in the semi-finals whoever else got there. for 3 of the teams that got to the last 4 it`s already a great rarely done by their country achievement even though all 4 have got to the last 4 at a world cup atleast once previously before.   

I meant in general. Even after Croatia won, I saw headlines like England being big winners getting Croatia instead of Russia. 

Its going to be hard game. People knew the difficulty of Sweden game and warned their quality, but I cant shake feeling they underrate Croatia. 

If England wont be 110%, they are out. Croatia is also quite lucky team if you ask me. 

It's a joke to compare Sweden with Croa.
Croa will play for Angela Merkel and Germany.

El P. likes this

4 hours ago, cosmicway said:

It's a joke to compare Sweden with Croa.
Croa will play for Angela Merkel and Germany.

Englands' and Croatias' chances are literally 50-50 I think. But one that loses in that game, lost any medal. I love Croatia, but England/Croatia to beat Belgium/France, being it in final or in 3rd place game, would be REALLY hard. Gap in player quality is just too big. Russia-Spain doesn't happen every day. But, ball is round, you never know...

And yes, didn't know people around are aware of our love with Germany. :D

On 08/07/2018 at 9:35 PM, El P. said:

Englands' and Croatias' chances are literally 50-50 I think. But one that loses in that game, lost any medal. I love Croatia, but England/Croatia to beat Belgium/France, being it in final or in 3rd place game, would be REALLY hard. Gap in player quality is just too big. Russia-Spain doesn't happen every day. But, ball is round, you never know...

And yes, didn't know people around are aware of our love with Germany. :D

Not eveything is won on quality.u need heart and desire and luck we have all them atm. Plus I hate to say it but Harry kane lmfao some one shoot me now!!!!!!

not too bothered who wins today 2 Chelsea players starting for both tho Kante probably my favourite of the 4..and seen how the French react to winning major trophies and it`s not too unbearable.. whoever wins will be favourite for the final..hope it goes to extra time to balance back a little the advantage tonights winner has of that extra day off before the final. 

Johnnyeye likes this

good game so far, both teams really going at it, great saves from both GK, Varane comanding the France defence, Hazard beasting it for Belgium, lets see in the 2nd half who gets the edge.

Fulham Broadway likes this

10 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

Giroud won the corner. :D 

flashbacks of Munich 2012 heh? Torres winning the corner, from which Mata puts the ball in Drogba's head to score a bullet past Neuer :D

Tyler: Drogbaaaaaaaaaa

Neville: aaaaahhhhhhhh

8 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

flashbacks of Munich 2012 heh? Torres winning the corner, from which Mata puts the ball in Drogba's head to score a bullet past Neuer :D

Tyler: Drogbaaaaaaaaaa

Neville: aaaaahhhhhhhh

Yeah, the long serving argument defending Torres - he won the corner :D 

Laylabelle and Johnnyeye like this

Congrats France, Lloris was outstanding today, as was Courtois, Belgium's dream is over, they can still win 3rd place tough, great tournament from them, they should be very proud, many positives to take from this and to build on for the next Euro. Cheers