test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

Final - Knockout Stage Thread

Started by Jason,

394 posts in this topic
4 minutes ago, Robguima said:

Well, because they were good as a team. You need more than that at this level though. Sweden just has no overall quality and their players don’t really play in very competitive leagues for th most part.

i know folks here are not fans, for obvious reasons, but stones, Ali, and sterling are excellent players and important ones at elite clubs. Sweden has nothing remotely similar to Kane since zlatan left. Can also cite dier and couple others as good players too.

Sweden did amazingly well considering the quality in the squad.

I was a fan in 1982-1990-1996-2002 but not after.
Well I was, but the England teams were desperate.

I dont really mind at the end of the day but I suppose I would like to see Russia win tonight then we beat them.

And Belgium beat France(But I see that as a toss up really) 

And England beat them. Purely cause I'm really fed up with them going on about '66 and Geoff Hurst.  (Tho they did pull off a really good win)

Tho it will more than likely be France v Croatia with France winning and then I trots up to pick up my winnings at the bookies =D

Johnnyeye likes this

what a fucking great goal by Cheryshev, one of the goals of the tournament so far, Russia are flying high, Croatia having a lot of difficulty imposing their game, still a lot of time left to change things, but damn what a goal.

1 minute ago, Johnnyeye said:

what a fucking great goal by Cheryshev, one of the goals of the tournament so far, Russia are flying high, Croatia having a lot of difficulty imposing their game, still a lot of time left to change things, but damn what a goal.

that was a cracker. Very quickly cancelled out though, 1-1

Johnnyeye likes this

6 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

that was a cracker. Very quickly cancelled out though, 1-1

funny that as i was typing this Croatia equalized, great game so far

milan.cech and 11Drogba like this

Don't worry, it's Theresa May against the committee to reelect the president next and Belgium are selling the final for 100 tons of fish.

Croatia leading 2-1, hard on Russia, but the croatians deserve it so far, lets see what happens in 2nd half of extra time.

7 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

Croatia leading 2-1, hard on Russia, but the croatians deserve it so far, lets see what happens in 2nd half of extra time.

more drama! Looks like another pen shoot out for both countries

Johnnyeye likes this

Just now, milan.cech said:

more drama! Looks like another pen shoot out for both countries

2-2, man what a game :D

Modric soooo lucky! Croatia will be a hard opponent, even though they looked done in the end. Russia on the other hand should be proud of themselves even though it hurts right now.

Johnnyeye and communicate like this

Penalties are so heart and gut wrenching, i hate them so much, so cruel, many fair play to Russia, they had a very good WC, they should be very proud. Croatia sure love penalty shootouts, thats 2 in a row, many congrats to them, so now they will face England for a place in the final. Out of the 4 teams left only 2 have won the WC, will we see a new world champion? lets see.Cheers and goodluck

Prior to game I saw lot of comments that England will face Russia...underrating Croatia much?

For every english fan here, Croatia quality wise isnt Brazil/France/Belgium level but definately Uruguay/England level.

It will be huge challenge for England. They have quality players, team spirit and they work hard. Dont forget they realy love their country and since semifinal vs England will be chance to reach finals for first time, they will die for the win. Also they have quality midfield which is important in big games to maintain control.

Johnnyeye and communicate like this

2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Prior to game I saw lot of comments that England will face Russia...underrating Croatia much?

For every english fan here, Croatia quality wise isnt Brazil/France/Belgium level but definately Uruguay/England level.

It will be huge challenge for England. They have quality players, team spirit and they work hard. Dont forget they realy love their country and since semifinal vs England will be chance to reach finals for first time, they will die for the win. Also they have quality midfield which is important in big games to maintain control.

on here it was one guy only and that person is Greek.

whoever won the England v Sweden game knew they would be underdogs in the semi-finals whoever else got there. for 3 of the teams that got to the last 4 it`s already a great rarely done by their country achievement even though all 4 have got to the last 4 at a world cup atleast once previously before.   

12 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

they wont win it, maybe they can reach the final, set pieces alone wont win you a World Cup, for me France, Belgium or Croatia are strong candidates to win it, but i can be wrong. We'll see

If this is a league, I have no doubt that England have 0 chances winning the wc, but this is a knockout competititon and I just feel like they will somehow will win it