test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Unionjack

Mateo Kovacic

Started by Unionjack,

293 posts in this topic
2 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I think he's mostly thought of as a defensive midfielder because Real play (played) more in a 4231.  

Defensive midfielders don't usually make runs like these:  

Yeah it’s just becaue he plays in that 2 deeper positions unless it’s bigger game and they go with a 3. He normally would sub in for Modric or rotate with him so he’s hardly a DM. Kroos and Modric normally have Casemiro anchoring behind them for the big matches from what I seen even then they played with a diamond a lot last season too with Isco off the front I think. 

Unionjack and Sideshow Luiz like this

Just now, OneMoSalah said:

Yeah it’s just becaue he plays in that 2 deeper positions. He normally would sub in for Modric or rotate with him so he’s hardly a DM. Kroos and Modric normally have Casemiro anchoring behind them.

I see him as a classic No. 8 type.  CM, but whose attacking qualities are better than their defensive.

OneMoSalah and Unionjack like this

3 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

My only real issue with this is it doesn't go any way to helping our goal scoring problems.

As a straight up finisher, no.  As someone who can help us keep the ball and play the correct pass, yes.

If Morata can't get his head on straight, it's all for naught, I agree.

6 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

My only real issue with this is it doesn't go any way to helping our goal scoring problems.

My main worry also

This guy is an animal. Would love him here. It would be a fantastic signing in my humble opinion. Excellent ball control. Epic runs from deep. Can pass. Even has the odd 5 star skill move in his locker.

Strike likes this

1 hour ago, the wes said:

CHELSEA target Mateo Kovacic has reportedly refused to train at Real Madrid as he looks to force a move away.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/721659/Chelsea-Real-Madrid-Mateo-Kovacic-transfer-news-Premier-League-Bernabeu-CFC-Sarri-gossip/amp

If true, do we really want yet another player with this kind of attitude

----

That loan deal would be perfect though. We get him for a year and then bring in Mason Mount next season

OhForAGreavsie likes this

3 minutes ago, The Chels said:

Developing a player for Madrid's benefit like a small team would? No thanks.

Better than nothing. And we are a small club compared to them. Hell we even took Maniche on loan from Russia when we were still ambitious :lol: 

Supermonkey92 likes this

1 minute ago, Dimitr said:

Pretty much a done deal 

this signing is like James Rodriguez to Bayern 

so bayern is a small team?

No it's not the same at all. Bayern had an option to buy. Big difference.

2 minutes ago, manpe said:

Better than nothing. And we are a small club compared to them. Hell we even took Maniche on loan from Russia when we were still ambitious :lol: 

Even United are cockroaches to Real Madrid.

Supermonkey92 and 1chelsea like this