test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Unionjack

Mateo Kovacic

Started by Unionjack,

293 posts in this topic
3 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Wicked player -good news if he arrives...

,,,meanwhile Marina is trying to send a fax to Roberto Carlos.

Was this after she sent a carrier pigeon to Maradona?

She is about as useful as a glass hammer. 

17 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

They want Neymar next summer, IMO.

Or just want someone who will give them 20+ goals

32 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

Can we all not celebrate just for one day that Kovacic will be with us this season. Lets not forget who our other options were. His future will sort itself out, but what we do know is that in the arms race that is this seasons premier league Chelsea added 2 big guns today.

I could def agree with that if there is indeed an option to buy, otherwise sorry... no can do.

We are not getting Luka Modric, but the aspiring player who hasn't got a game last season and that's the reason he wants out. I'm sure he's a good player, but he wasn't the starter for a reason.

So, for us to be signing him on loan, there must be an option to buy. Otherwise we would just be improving a player for RM to use later when and if he's at his best.

In other words, without an option to buy, we should have been looking at other targets as long-term replacements for fabregas.

50 minutes ago, manpe said:

Ronaldo and Messi, also Suarez, Neymar, Bale, Benzema. They don't need goalscoring midfielders, they always have had killers up top.

True but again. Hazard can be greedier, Willian can be, Pedro can be. Our problem is our wingers just don’t have that ruthlessness or selfishness to go and shoot when an opportunity presents itself inside the box or just outside instead they always look for another pass to basically walk it in the net and have done for years. That’s potentially for me, 5 more goals each of them over the course of a season. Seems a bit far fetched but over 30-40 games not really. Plus if Morata had scored a lot of those clear chances say at least another 5 on his total. So take all their numbers last season add 5 more on each we probably would have gotten results and probably gotten top 4. It’s not as black and white as that I know but that would be 20 more goals between the 4 of them. How many matches that were draws or losses would of been wins or draws because of that? A few I’d imagine.

Just now, OneMoSalah said:

True but again. Hazard can be greedier, Willian can be, Pedro can be. Our problem is our wingers just don’t have that ruthlessness or selfishness to go and shoot when an opportunity presents itself inside the box or just outside instead they always look for another pass to basically walk it in the net and have done for years. That’s potentially for me, 5 more goals each of them over the course of a season. Seems a bit far fetched but over 30-40 games not really. Plus if Morata had scored a lot of those clear chances say another 5 on his total. So take all their numbers last season add 5 more on each we probably would have gotten results and probably gotten top 4.   

Could, should, would. Doesn't matter, they aren't. Unless Sarri does to them what he did to Mertens (only Hazard has that potential imo).

nachikethas and Unionjack like this

5 minutes ago, manpe said:

Could, should, would. Doesn't matter, they aren't. Unless Sarri does to them what he did to Mertens (only Hazard has that potential imo).

It’s a mixed bag. We created chances under Conte but when we get going properly under Sarri it will be different. I think everyone one them can get that extra 5+ goals on top of their usual output in that regard. Easily. Still a work in progress as we can see from the pre season games but it will click eventually.

If we pull this off, it would be great. 

That cunt out of the club, and we also get decent replacement, but most of all, we will have some midfield now if we land Kovacic. 

Daaaaaamn. 

P.s. hopefuly there is buy clause and he ends up liking us.

1 hour ago, !Hazard! said:

Haha true! But I'm very confident this deal is done

I think so too.  TBo is counting on it.  Kepa, TBo, Kovacic.  All part of the same merry-go round.

Real Madrid has closed the transfer of Kovacic for a year with Chelsea. José Ángel Sánchez closed it yesterday in London. (via @partidazocope) #CFC #RMCF

WELCOME

5 hours ago, manpe said:

Ronaldo and Messi, also Suarez, Neymar, Bale, Benzema. They don't need goalscoring midfielders, they always have had killers up top.

Willian was right. We should have never let go of a player like Diego Costa.

You can get players with all kinds of technical ability, but top notch predators are what make the difference in the end.

And agreed, Hazard is the only one who can compensate if he can improve his 17-18 goal a season tally to something well above 20

As much as I like the player, I feel this deal makes us look like a small club. Which big club loans a player and doesn't include any option to buy. Even if we benefit from having the player for a year. If his career is rejuvenated and he plays at an excellent level, all we would be doing is develop him for Real Madrid who takes him back next summer and could still come back for our best player. The real winner here is them I fear.