Miralem Pjanic

manpe

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No way will this happen. I think we need to come back down to Earth after the Jorginho transfer. The only reason we got him was down to Sarri coming here. Others want CL football, unless we offer big bucks.

4 hours ago, DDA said:

No way will this happen. I think we need to come back down to Earth after the Jorginho transfer. The only reason we got him was down to Sarri coming here. Others want CL football, unless we offer big bucks.

If you target young players you don’t have this problem. 

If you target lewandovski. You have a problem 

He is a wonderful player, but so similar to Jorginho that a midfield of Pjanic/Jorginho/Kante would be wonderful but woefully lack the goals we need. If we were willing to offer that amount of money and with Lazio being interested in Pedro it would hypothetically be worth a run at Milinkovic-Savic. I suspect once Golovin comes in we will be finished our midfield spending though. 

Only if Cesc leaves and Golovin doesn't sign will there be a possibility this happens. He is a great player, maybe has a reputation as a bit of a luxury player in a way too but he'd still be a great signing no doubt about it. Really wanted us to get him before he went to Roma in all fairness, would have been a fantastic long term move back then. 

16 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Also at the meeting/dinner, which goes unmentioned is Allesandro Pellegrini who is Sarri's agent.:ph34r:

Finding it hard to grasp that we are trying to get 2 CBs a CM and a striker from them!!

Pjanic is a 3-way auction. It can start for €80 million.  Chelsea [who also wants Higuain and Rugani], City [Guardiola has called him] and Barcelona are all chasing the Bosnian. Rabiot could replace him. #CFC #FCB #Juventus #MCFC (Gazzetta dello Sport)

Do we really need him? I would have loved to take him a few years ago, but now with Jorginho I don't think we need Pjanic.
Also, a midfield of Pjanic, Jorginho and Kanté looks very small with Jorginho the tallest at 1.80 cm!
Options are always nice but this move seems unnecessary. If we do buy another midfielder, Milinkovic-Savic would be a better fit.

First of all, isn't the rumored fee being talked about over 80m? No chance we pay that sort of fee. Secondly, he plays in the same role as Jorginho, doesn't he? 

We need an advanced midfielder. Someone who will aggressively attack and penetrate defenses. Pjanic is more of a creator like Jorginho I think. A controller rather than an aggressor.

7 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
12 minutes ago, Yeboii said:
Do we really need him? I would have loved to take him a few years ago, but now with Jorginho I don't think we need Pjanic.
Also, a midfield of Pjanic, Jorginho and Kanté looks very small with Jorginho the tallest at 1.80 cm!

Options are always nice but this move seems unnecessary. If we do buy another midfielder, Milinkovic-Savic would be a better fit.

I agree that options are nice. However, Pjanic will never come here just to be an option. I doubt Jorginho said no to Manchester City to sit on our bench. Kanté is untouchable. Of course if we would get Pjanic then we would probably be resistant to any sort of pressing from other teams! We would also have to rely heavily on the striker and wingers since I doubt Pjanic, Jorginho and Kanté would score 20 goals per season together. I just don't get this move. I rather think buying Golovin would make much more sense.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You