Daniele Rugani

Unionjack

Not very encouraged reading some of the replies from Italian people. Saw several people saying that he's not worth near that and seeing other laughing saying Juve would be ripping us off.

I dont quite understand we we seem to be in the hunt for players in positions we are more than set. I do not expect any of our current CBs to leave so even counting Azpi as a right back we got Cahill, Luiz, Christensen, Rüdiger and zouma who did excellent at Stoke. Then we have miazga,kalas, omeruo and hecotr coming back even though none of them are gonna make it here. we have 5 good to very good CBs for 2 position in Sarri's system. even luiz and cahill are 31 and 32 respectively barely an age for cbs. esp since I expect Rüdiger and Christensen to play most of the games next season and I do not see how Rugani is better than either. Like the Higuain signing makes no sense and i hope we are not paying that much for a player we do not need.

39 minutes ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

I hope this is Roman sticking a big 2 fingers up to the press who claimed he had lost interest.

People forget that even with FFP, 100-200m in one window is loose change to us

I hope that too but I'd prefer him to do it by not signing mediocrity. I've never heard of this fella (wouldn't be hard as I don't watch anyone but us) but seeing a fair few surprised voices on Twitter about the fee for someone who is not so highly rated. Also as others have said, why do we need ANY CB? AC,AR,GC,DL and that's before we look at any of the loanees. Save the money imo

A strange one. If we were going in for a top CB like Koulibaly then could understand, however Rugani was not even a regular in Juventus team and he isn't really a significant improvement on any of our CB currently at the club and none look any closer to leaving. Rudiger, Christensen, Luiz, Cahill, Zouma. 5 CB there and the money being reported is way too much for a player we don't need. Money should be spent elsewhere imo. And this season it looks like we are playing with 2 CB instead of 3 which confused me even more.

A strange one. If we were going in for a top CB like Koulibaly then could understand, however Rugani was not even a regular in Juventus team and he isn't really a significant improvement on any of our CB currently at the club and none look any closer to leaving. Rudiger, Christensen, Luiz, Cahill, Zouma. 5 CB there and the money being reported is way too much for a player we don't need. Money should be spent elsewhere imo. And this season it looks like we are playing with 2 CB instead of 3 which confused me even more.

There's been a decent amount of talk of Luiz going to Naples. I'm sure someone will be on the verge of leaving should this deal get rubber stamped.

The rumoured price is concerning though.

He actually played the 90' more than 20 times in Serie A last season and a lot of people on Juve forums seem quite sad to see him leave. So he might actually be quite good. Despite all of that its still baffling to me why getting another CB seems to have a higher priority than a proper winger.

That is a crazy amount of money for a relatively unknown CB. Sarri and the club must think extremely highly of him if that's what we're willing to pay. Especially as we already have Andreas and Rüdiger. Plus, it doesn't seem as nailed on that David Luiz is off like everyone assumed he would be.

Far from an unknown, he’s supposed to be the next great Italian CB... he was the reason Bianconeri supporters weren’t all that bothered when Bonucci left. After seeing him in limited mins last season I doubt they have the same opinion of him, but he is young and worked extremely well at Empoli under Sarri

Chelsea representative Fali Ramadani met with Juventus sporting director Fabio Paratici on Wednesday to discuss a deal for centre-back Daniele Rugani, Goal understands. 

http://www.goal.com/en/news/chelsea-meet-juventus-over-rugani-as-deal-grows-closer/1quuafkhgxd8c1qiev652y1fof

1 minute ago, the wes said:

Chelsea representative Fali Ramadani met with Juventus sporting director Fabio Paratici on Wednesday to discuss a deal for centre-back Daniele Rugani, Goal understands. 

http://www.goal.com/en/news/chelsea-meet-juventus-over-rugani-as-deal-grows-closer/1quuafkhgxd8c1qiev652y1fof

Pedulla says meetings with Juve are still ongoing over Rugani and Higuain and he'll have more updates later tonight.

https://www.alfredopedulla.com/esclusiva-juve-chelsea-si-entra-nel-vivo-incontri-ramadani-intermediari/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

7 minutes ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

I am starting to think rugani and Higuain are almost nailed on.

Reading the Juventus forum, the majority of their fans don't seem bothered about losing Rugani for the rumored price. As for Higuain, looks like they'd drive him here themselves. 

Doesnt exactly excite me much it must be said.

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Reading the Juventus forum, the majority of their fans don't seem bothered about losing Rugani for the rumored price. As for Higuain, looks like they'd drive him here themselves. 

Doesnt exactly excite me much it must be said.

Juve fans have Ronaldo and Dybala. They are hardly going to give a fuck about Higuain now. When he played for Napoli, he was hot and we know why, because he played under Sarri.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You