Daniele Rugani

Unionjack

11 hours ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Weren't we linked with him last season or the one before?  I thought he was seen as a left sided CB in a 3 man defence.  It's odd that we're supposedly close to this deal with Conte and the 3/5 ATB on the way out the door (supposedly).

I think you might be thinking of Romagnoli, he was the young italian CB who mainly plays in a 3 we were hot on for awhile.

You very well could be right though, at that time we were linked with every smooth ball playing italian CB for the Don. 

2 hours ago, akgw13 said:

I think you might be thinking of Romagnoli, he was the young italian CB who mainly plays in a 3 we were hot on for awhile.

You very well could be right though, at that time we were linked with every smooth ball playing italian CB for the Don. 

I thought it was both that we were linked with.  Definately remember Romagnoli.

Either way, it's an odd signing if it does happen.  Of all the positions that need strengthening (with depth), CB isn't really one of them.

28 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Either way, it's an odd signing if it does happen.  Of all the positions that need strengthening (with depth), CB isn't really one of them.

I think we do need a CB who understands Sarri, Rugani fits the clubs MO and Sarris. Cahill wont be able to play this way, Zouma is a project still, Luiz is seemingly heading out the door. That just leaves Rudiger & Christensen with a lot of games to be played. I am alright when/if this deal gets done. I wouldn't be surprised to see Rugani in serious contention as our opening day CB truthfully.

45 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Playing devils advocate its not the position WE might thing the team needs strengthening but from what Ive read Sarri starts most of his attacks from defenders so he must have seen enough of our lads to think we need to get him.

13 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Playing devils advocate its not the position WE might thing the team needs strengthening but from what Ive read Sarri starts most of his attacks from defenders so he must have seen enough of our lads to think we need to get him.

Fair enough.  

Why do we need him exactly?

We dont need another CB. Even less, we dont need another inexperienced, young CB from different league.

Seems this window will be same old, throwing 30m+ on average players instead of getting 3 top class players to strenghten midfield and attack.

10 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Why do we need him exactly?

We dont need another CB. Even less, we dont need another inexperienced, young CB from different league.

Seems this window will be same old, throwing 30m+ on average players instead of getting 3 top class players to strenghten midfield and attack.

now as CB we have: cahill, luiz, rudiger, christiensen plus zouma, hector,kalas and maybe someone other.
i think we don't need a CB, it would be better put money in take midfielder or striker like Icardi (instead of higuain);
but said that i guess Rugani would be a great purchase, sure better a £80-80B on KK.
Probably kalas, hector, luiz will be sold or  don't play for us and cahill is getting old, so we keep christiensen, rudiger and maybe zouma ( i hope)!  3-4 CB we need! and sold olders  for take youngers for me is a good thing!

19 hours ago, blues.bridge said:

now as CB we have: cahill, luiz, rudiger, christiensen plus zouma, hector,kalas and maybe someone other.
i think we don't need a CB, it would be better put money in take midfielder or striker like Icardi (instead of higuain);
but said that i guess Rugani would be a great purchase, sure better a £80-80B on KK.
Probably kalas, hector, luiz will be sold or  don't play for us and cahill is getting old, so we keep christiensen, rudiger and maybe zouma ( i hope)!  3-4 CB we need! and sold olders  for take youngers for me is a good thing!

Only two fit Sarri's mould and the latter two aren't even PL level players.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Only two fit Sarri's mould and the latter two aren't even PL level players.

We have Rudi, Christensen, zouma and Cahill that is enough imo if we revert back to back 4.

We need a passers in midfield, imo the most pressing need and maybe another winger. 

I definitely want better fb but if we play with 4 at the back we have 5 fb already. 

9 minutes ago, communicate said:

We have Rudi, Christensen, zouma and Cahill that is enough imo if we revert back to back 4.

We need a passers in midfield, imo the most pressing need and maybe another winger. 

I definitely want better fb but if we play with 4 at the back we have 5 fb already. 

We keep going thru this tho.

Look at the thread for Sarris  system. He always start attacks from the CBs. They need to be creative, Comfortable and technical with the ball and be able to pass. At a push AC can be backup. Rudi is more like it which doesn't leave us anyone else with those strengths.

Sarri must know this or we wouldn't be getting linked with so many.

Then of course yes Kante. OK We MIGHT push to use Barkley or RLC as 3rd man but he needs a shit hot partner and a Willi upgrade. And I dont see us having a good enough striker still no matter who we have on our books right now..

And if Edens off then of course it lands us in a deeper hole to fill.

20 hours ago, Unionjack said:

We keep going thru this tho.

Look at the thread for Sarris  system. He always start attacks from the CBs. They need to be creative, Comfortable and technical with the ball and be able to pass. At a push AC can be backup. Rudi is more like it which doesn't leave us anyone else with those strengths.

Sarri must know this or we wouldn't be getting linked with so many.

Then of course yes Kante. OK We MIGHT push to use Barkley or RLC as 3rd man but he needs a shit hot partner and a Willi upgrade. And I dont see us having a good enough striker still no matter who we have on our books right now..

And if Edens off then of course it lands us in a deeper hole to fill.

20 hours ago, manpe said:

Man, forget about Zouma and Cahill, we will be looking to play possession football. Christensen and Rugani fighting for a place next to Rüdiger and Cahill providing backup looks good enough for me for starters. We will always have somebody comfortable on the ball at the back no matter what combo we field, would not be the case if we were forced to play Zouma and GC together.

As much as I agree that Cahill and zouma will struggle, we are no longer the old chelsea where we can keep spending big money on multiple position. Imo we need major upgrade in midfield and maybe a right winger. If we spend too much on cb, we will just sign average player as midfield, which we don't need. 

People will say we can play Barkley, rlc with kante as holder. That looks like a good midfield but none of them are terrific passer. As much as I like kante, his passing is average for a midfield. Last year, whenever Fabregas struggle or don't play, we really lack somebody to deliver quick pass to hazard, hence hazard need to pick up the ball deeper which reduce his effectiveness

21 minutes ago, communicate said:

As much as I agree that Cahill and zouma will struggle, we are no longer the old chelsea where we can keep spending big money on multiple position. Imo we need major upgrade in midfield and maybe a right winger. If we spend too much on cb, we will just sign average player as midfield, which we don't need. 

People will say we can play Barkley, rlc with kante as holder. That looks like a good midfield but none of them are terrific passer. As much as I like kante, his passing is average for a midfield. Last year, whenever Fabregas struggle or don't play, we really lack somebody to deliver quick pass to hazard, hence hazard need to pick up the ball deeper which reduce his effectiveness

Couldn't agree more about needing a technical CM but I'm going by all the reports that I've read about how Sarri builds his attacks from defense and we don't have a technically  gifted player that is able to do that

Its not a matter of them struggling they just aren't capable of it. And if we seriously want to make any attempt at competing at any level then we do have to bring in creative players in defense,CM AND forwards. 3 VERY GOOD players at a minimum but 5 to be serious.

We need to start offloading all the deadwood wonky donkeys,The loanees,the over aged.the slow,wannabes,hasbeens and total utter shite. This should have been happening each year but we have accumulated a forest full of it now and its time for a bloody good clear out.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You