Daniele Rugani

Unionjack

1 minute ago, ulsterchelsea said:

Problem being that Juve are saying they don't want to sell! 

There are so many contrasting reports at the moment. Hard to believe which is the truth. 

Juventus might think about selling Rugani if they manage to get Bonucci back from Milan.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

There are so many contrasting reports at the moment. Hard to believe which is the truth. 

Juventus might think about selling Rugani if they manage to get Bonucci back from Milan.

Not if they sell Caldara in the process. I think Juventus ends up selling either Rugani or Caldara.

For whatever it is worth, Juve fans rate Caldara higher. The majority would be okay with selling Rugani.

I really wouldn't mind missing out on Rugani, he just doesn't move the needle for me. Not my type of defender either, he is way too passive. 

I'm still just curious about where the hell he'd play in our team. Everyone assumed David Luiz was going to leave but he certainly doesn't look to be doing so now. So that means we already have 3 CB's who are comfortable on the ball. Already going to be difficult to see him on the bench now he's fully fit. Bringing in Rugani on top of that doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

We saw against Perth that David looked at home in Sarri's system.

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I'm still just curious about where the hell he'd play in our team. Everyone assumed David Luiz was going to leave but he certainly doesn't look to be doing so now. So that means we already have 3 CB's who are comfortable on the ball. Already going to be difficult to see him on the bench now he's fully fit. Bringing in Rugani on top of that doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

We saw against Perth that David looked at home in Sarri's system.

I actually hope this transfer doesnt go through. What we need more is a goalscorer and a winger if willian goes.

5 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

I actually hope this transfer doesnt go through. What we need more is a goalscorer and a winger if willian goes.

Yep. At this moment in time Rugani would just be a luxury/insurance player. All of Christensen/Rüdiger/Luiz will feel they should be starters. Having even more competition is overkill. Plus, Cahill is kind of the forgotten man. Wonder what happens with him.

20 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Yep. At this moment in time Rugani would just be a luxury/insurance player. All of Christensen/Rüdiger/Luiz will feel they should be starters. Having even more competition is overkill. Plus, Cahill is kind of the forgotten man. Wonder what happens with him.

you forgot Cahill!! He STILL thinks he is an everyday starter, LOLOLOL

Branislav Ivanovic 2.0 (fuck Mo for playing that donkey every fucking game)

8 minutes ago, Vesper said:

you forgot Cahill!! He STILL thinks he is an everyday starter, LOLOLOL

Branislav Ivanovic 2.0 (fuck Mo for playing that donkey every fucking game)

Did you just call Branislav a donkey? Show some fucking respect for one of our greatest players, ever.

4 minutes ago, NiclasCFC said:

Did you just call Branislav a donkey? Show some fucking respect for one of our greatest players, ever.

His last year (and a half maybe) here was horrid. He cost us at least 5,6 games, He got beat like a rented mule at least 3, 4 times a game. Mourinho just kept trotting him out like he was the only RB on the surface of the earth.

It was worst defence of a title in the Premier League history, and he played a big role in that. I am sure you will find comments FAR worse than mine littered all over this board during that time.

17 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I am sure you will find comments FAR worse than mine littered all over this board during that time.

True :D To this day I have never seen more abuse towards own players as I did back then (and I was a part of that, not shifting any blame)... It was an amazing meltdown period best forgotten.

48 minutes ago, manpe said:

True :D To this day I have never seen more abuse towards own players as I did back then (and I was a part of that, not shifting any blame)... It was an amazing meltdown period best forgotten.

The posts about late years Ivan make the current Cahill posts look like they're on Lampard's thread.

It was a shame.  Ivan was immense for us.  Better to leave a year early than a year late.  Unfortunately, in this case it was more like 2 or 3 too late.  It wouldn't have been so bad if he wasn't a nailed on starter.

2 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

It was a shame.  Ivan was immense for us.  Better to leave a year early than a year late.  Unfortunately, in this case it was more like 2 or 3 too late.  It wouldn't have been so bad if he wasn't a nailed on starter.

Not his fault, yes. There was no lack of effort, it's just his body was gone. He was never quick for a full-back, but when you're fatigued and your legs are gone then there is not much you can do against speedy wingers. Mourinho's obsession in playing him puzzles me to this day, a fix was so obvious but never truly tried. It just shows perfectly how much Mourinho values personality over actual skill.

I can soo soo see this

Ramos will be 33

they have shit for backup

and REALLY were pissed when they lost on last 2 key CB targets

Aymeric Laporte who went to Shitty and Clément Lenglet, who Barca took right from under their nose the day before he was to have physical with Real
Milan Skriniar said no no no when they tried to buy him from Inter  (Laporte and Skriniar are 2 of my top 10 CB's on planet, Lenglet is in top 20, at least will be soon IMHO)

Real Madrid attempting to hijack Chelsea Rugani deal

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/995006/Chelsea-transfer-news-Real-Madrid-Cristiano-Ronaldo-Daniele-Rugani

Chelsea transfer news: Real Madrid attempting to hijack deal thanks to Cristiano Ronaldo
CHELSEA look set to battle Real Madrid for the signing of Juventus star Daniele Rugani with the European champions in talks over a proposed transfer.

Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri has only made two signings since his appointment - Jorginho and Rob Green - and Rugani tops his wishlist.

The Blues have been working hard on trying to prise the defender away from Serie A with reports last week claiming the 23-year-old had agreed a five-year deal worth £77,000 a week.

However, a deal has failed to be pushed over the line and Chelsea now face strong competition from Madrid.

According to Spanish publication OK Diario, Madrid have been in talks with Juve chiefs for weeks.

The report claims during negotiations for Cristiano Ronaldo - who left Madrid for the Allianz Stadium earlier this month - the defender’s name has been discussed.

With Juve and Madrid having a strong relationship following the smooth transition of Ronaldo’s departure, the Serie A champions could be willing to do business again over Rugani, leaving Chelsea to miss out.

Madrid will have Ronaldo to thank if they can snatch Rugani from under Chelsea’s nose with the Portuguese’s transfer opening up a strong bond between both clubs.

However, it remains to be seen if Rugani will actually leave Juve after his agent, Davide Torchia, stated the player is happy in his homeland.

“The interest from Chelsea is there for Rugani,” Torchia told Radio Sportiva.

“Beyond the figures though there’s a technical question, neither the player nor Juventus have ever said they want a sale.

“The operation with Chelsea is separate from [Gonzalo] Higuain, each deal has a different cost and different dynamics.

“The two players can bring in different profits. Rugani is calm and happy, he’s at the pre-season training camp and he’s thinking about Juventus.”

El Real Madrid se fija en Rugani

https://okdiario.com/deportes/real-madrid/2018/07/26/real-madrid-pregunta-rugani-2788124

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

His last year (and a half maybe) here was horrid. He cost us at least 5,6 games, He got beat like a rented mule at least 3, 4 times a game. Mourinho just kept trotting him out like he was the only RB on the surface of the earth.

It was worst defence of a title in the Premier League history, and he played a big role in that. I am sure you will find comments FAR worse than mine littered all over this board during that time.

Problem was, as poor as Ivan got, he was still a better option than Baba Rahman.

Are we ever going to sell Baba?

You could use that line for half our roster. The club hold onto some players for far too long.  

The Delac situation sums the club up, unfortunately

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You