• Morata (sub)
    • Willian (sub)

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Bakayokos got big arms -get him practising it all Summer :cig:

haha Or we could sign an orangutang! Really long arms! Just bring it on for throwins!

Whats the reasoning behind the 2 arms behind the head etc?

3 hours ago, Unionjack said:

haha Or we could sign an orangutang! Really long arms! Just bring it on for throwins!

Rory Delap apparently was a javelin champion :cig:

Love the way she handles and flips balls

13 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Rory Delap apparently was a javelin champion :cig:

Love the way she handles and flips balls

Can't beat the Sunday League execution though

4 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Bakayokos got big arms -get him practising it all Summer :cig:

I don't even think it has anything to with arm size or length.. Rory delap was pretty average in terms of size and arm length. It is obviously more about technique. But that also means you can learn it...when you think about it is staggering how not more teams try to make more of throw-in situations. When we have a throw-in on the left, hazard needs to come 3m to the sideline for alosno to reach him with is throw with 3 opposition players around them. as soon as hazard gives it back to alonso the ball is lost.

But when a player can throw the ball as precisely and far as Delap it is an absolute weapon esp because it is more precise and as hard as a regular cross but much more dangerous because whilst a cross is curved and drops it needs to be at the perfect height for a player to reach it whilst a long throw in is almost flat and always in a reachable height.

4 hours ago, Unionjack said:

I always found that prescribed technique werid too, never could really execute it correctly...i guess the reasoning behind is it to not make throw ins too overpowered. With a regular one-arm handball catapult technique everyone can throw a football 40m and with plenty of power and accuracy

42 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

When we have a throw-in on the left, hazard needs to come 3m to the sideline for alosno to reach him with is throw with 3 opposition players around them. as soon as hazard gives it back to alonso the ball is lost.

Noticed that too. Last one on the left with any decent throw length was Babayaro

It's almost weekend now , and I don't know how to spend it. Whenever we perform badly I think if the season ends now I'll be happy. It's when you don't have weekend football, that you realise all that Matters is seeing our players in those blue jerseys. Bring on the new season. KTBFFH

9 hours ago, cfcs most wanted said:

It's almost weekend now , and I don't know how to spend it. Whenever we perform badly I think if the season ends now I'll be happy. It's when you don't have weekend football, that you realise all that Matters is seeing our players in those blue jerseys. Bring on the new season. KTBFFH

Guinness and mood enhancing vegetarion normally gets me thru silly season!