test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Unionjack

Jorginho

Started by Unionjack,

569 posts in this topic
4 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I've answered that already elsewhere...

What your getting with Jorginho is a player who dictates tempo, his passing range is expansive and he covers a lot of ground. He has the same traits as Cesc but offers more in the engine room, his intelligence off the ball is also very good.

3 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

He is similar but I view Cesc as extremes, He is absolutely brilliant with the ball at his feet, can pick that magic pass the way nobody else could, including Jorginho. But on the other end he was woeful, slow and small a massive liability. Jorginho feels like a more well rounded version, Bigger physically and quicker, nice idea of his surroundings and controlling tempo same as cesc. Can absolutely drop passes in but he can hold his own on the defensive end. Could just be my opinion on the question but if you view Cesc as 9/10 going forward and 1/10 Defensively than I might put Jorginho at 7.5/10 forward and 5/10 at the back (this is just to indicate the differences in Cesc/Jorgi not their actual ratings out of 10)

Thank you Gentlemen. 

From what I've been reading in the past few days. This is how it goes..

City and Napoli were trying to negotiate a deal for Jorginho. City wanted to pay 50 million euros tops. Napoli wanted at least 55-60 milion euros. Napoli also wanted Sarri's release clause to be paid in full by Chelsea (8 million euros) and didn't want Chelsea to trigger relase clauses of players that weren't being sold this summer (which excludes Jorginho cause he was already replaced by Fabian Ruiz)

Chelsea Board and Roman saw the loophole and went in for Jorginho as they were looking for a Deep Lying Playmaker anyway (hence Seri rumours). Who better than a player that thrived under Sarri in that role?

So it's a 57 million euros deal for Jorginho + 8 million euros for Sarri. Taking the package to 65 million Euros in total.

ADL was happy with this offer and he got more for Jorginho than City were paying. He gave the go ahead for Jorginho to Chelsea. 

He doesn't want to come out as a prick, so he's putting it on the fact that Jorginho chose Chelsea over City. 

I've seen more of Golovin (at the world cup) so my view might be a bit skewed but, if it were a choice of him or Jorginho, I'd go for the Russian. That said it seems more likely to be a case of both rather than either/or. A midfield compliment including Golovin, Jorginho, N Golo and Mason Mount sounds better than we've had for a while.

Miguelito, Dimitr and Tomo like this

Does indeed sound like sour grapes from missing out on their top target in midfield. But again, I would refrain from getting too excited until it's official. 

akgw13 and Dimitr like this

Matt law and standard sport say that we will sign him. 

And all of course sources in Italy reported this. So   It’s happening. He will be with sarri together here ,so let them react .

10 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Welp. Looks like the Man City journo's have now been briefed by the club that this is far from over.

Yes they have been briefed....But i think it is too late to turn him now..Anyway we should get this deal done asap

Dimitr likes this

2 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I've seen more of Golovin (at the world cup) so my view might be a bit skewed but, if it were a choice of him or Jorginho, I'd go for the Russian. That said it seems more likely to be a case of both rather than either/or. A midfield compliment including Golovin, Jorginho, N Golo and Mason Mount sounds better than we've had for a while.

They are pretty different players, tough to compare. the good news is it seems as if BOTH will be our selection as you said. I am curious to see the 3 way battle for that 3rd mid spot RLC/Golovin/Barkley. Based off current hype/form Golovin seems to be the leader followed closely by RLC.

Jorginho

Kante         Golovin/RLC

Talk about an upgrade to the mid with Dynamism throughout. 

11Drogba and bluesman2610 like this

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Does indeed sound like sour grapes from missing out on their top target in midfield. But again, I would refrain from getting too excited until it's official. 

Wouldn't that be a kick right to the stomach. Lets hope it becomes official tonight!

Saw someone make a good point. ADL said himself that Napoli had agreed a deal with City weeks ago. Surely if Jorginho was keen to go there he'd have moved a while ago. The fact he hasn't may suggest that he was waiting to see what happened with Sarri.

Dimitr, akgw13 and manpe like this