test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Unionjack

Jorginho

Started by Unionjack,

569 posts in this topic

A midfielder with Cesc's playmaking abilities but who can actually run. What we've been desperately in need of for a while.

Dimitr likes this

7 minutes ago, Pizy said:

A midfielder with Cesc's playmaking abilities but who can actually run. What we've been desperately in need of for a while.

These players are rare, there's a reason we hijacked the deal and didn't just go for someone else, he will help a great deal with implementing a new system.

Credit to the board, we could have tried to save money and gone for someone else but boom, we made a statement!!!

Mourinho is now under big pressure in my opinion, the only "top 6" team in the league that are going to sit back on a 1 goal lead against Wolves. 

So funny with all the crap we get from City fans now, funny they don't remember the path they took to get where they are *cough* Robinho

Jorginho wants to join Chelsea over Manchester City because his preference is to live in London, according to Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis.

Dimitr likes this

1 minute ago, the wes said:

Jorginho wants to join Chelsea over Manchester City because his preference is to live in London, according to Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis.

Possibly but another version is that City don't rate him highly enough to match our offer.

akgw13 likes this

Just now, OhForAGreavsie said:

Possibly but another version is that City don't rate him highly enough to match our offer.

I think its somewhere between the two, City rate him and would have paid, but ADL still would have accepted Chelseas offer to get the Sarri deal done. Short of Jorginho absolutely refusing to come here we had ADL in our corner (which is odd) Jorginho sees London + Sarri + $$$ + guaranteed starter, easy decision. 

1 minute ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

For me, it's more like they really like/want Jorginho but aren't desperate for him since their squad is already so great. He would've been a luxury signing for them like Mahrez is. Just like Fred was going to be before United pinched him.

38 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I do not think he is more creative than Cesc.....But yeah he is a great signing....Playmaker who can cover ground 

It was widely being reported that Jorginho is their number 1 transfer target. Even over Fred.

Manchester City are only trying to sace face now. 

1 minute ago, FabHazard said:

I do not think he is more creative than Cesc.....But yeah he is a great signing....Playmaker who can cover ground 

Yeah, he's not quite as crispy with his passes as Cesc in his prime, but he's got that same eye for a ball over the top that has made Cesc great. 

Just thinking back to that dreadfully inadequate midfield 2 of Kante & Bakayoko or Kante & Cesc and now knowing that we may have Jorginho in there instead makes me so excited.

25 minutes ago, Adnane said:

Are we actually outspending City for a player ? :lol: 

Maybe the Sarri factor is an additional attraction, but otherwise I simply don't believe that any player with equal prospects for playing time at city or at Chelsea, would choose us these days. I also don't believe that City would be outspent by us for a player they really set their heart on. I suspect that we've paid more for the player than City were willing to and that this is because Jorginho has a higher value to us because Sarri wants him.

The question I'm about to ask may already have been answered above (I haven't checked yet) but I'll ask it anyway. Do you watch Jorginho? He seems to me to be a Cesc type player. If you agree, does he have the same strengths AND weaknesses?

1 minute ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Maybe the Sarri factor is an additional attraction, but otherwise I simply don't believe that any player with equal prospects for playing time at city or at Chelsea, would choose us these days. I also don't believe that City would be outspent by us for a player they really set their heart on. I suspect that we've paid more for the player than City were willing to and that this is because Jorginho has a higher value to us because Sarri wants him.

The question I'm about to ask may already have been answered above (I haven't checked yet) but I'll ask it anyway. Do you watch Jorginho? He seems to me to be a Cesc type player. If you agree, does he have the same strengths AND weaknesses?

He is similar but I view Cesc as extremes, He is absolutely brilliant with the ball at his feet, can pick that magic pass the way nobody else could, including Jorginho. But on the other end he was woeful, slow and small a massive liability. Jorginho feels like a more well rounded version, Bigger physically and quicker, nice idea of his surroundings and controlling tempo same as cesc. Can absolutely drop passes in but he can hold his own on the defensive end. Could just be my opinion on the question but if you view Cesc as 9/10 going forward and 1/10 Defensively than I might put Jorginho at 7.5/10 forward and 5/10 at the back (this is just to indicate the differences in Cesc/Jorgi not their actual ratings out of 10)

Dimitr, manpe and OhForAGreavsie like this