2017/18 Premier League Match 38
13th May, Sunday, 2018
St. James' Park
15:00 Kick Off (UK time)

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, think we're a long way off a CL winning team atm.

I don’t see the point in qualifying for a competition you’ve no chance of winning. Ending up in the CL just to get beaten in the first knockout stage every year like Arsenal used to doesn’t appeal to me. Would much rather give the Europa a proper bash next season

What I can see is Chelsea  -UEFA Europa Winners  -BAKU 2019

4 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

I don’t see the point in qualifying for a competition you’ve no chance of winning. Ending up in the CL just to get beaten in the first knockout stage every year like Arsenal used to doesn’t appeal to me. Would much rather give the Europa a proper bash next season

It's also a good competition to bleed the youngsters in. We should show respect to the competition obviously but we have to gun for the title next season. A B-team with youngsters and experienced vets should get us through to the knockouts and from there we can see.

5 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

That's it! We just got through the group to be knocked out. We aren't champions league level atm far from it. Hopefully we can win Europa again cause doesn't matter how its seen its still a competition and be daft to disregard it. 

Give some youngsters a chance from the start and put others on the bench. They deserve it after a great season :)

Hudson-Odoi and Sterling in starting eleven, Chalobah, McCormick, Grant, Maddox and Redan on the bench ;) 

3 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

So not just 'Super Sunday' then. they'll bill it as 'Superdooper Super Sunday' :P

Sky most be gutted that the only final day drama is us and Liverpool and that's drama with a small D because they are going to slaughter Brighton who will be so on the beach they might as well come out wearing flip flops and sunglasses. One really worrying thing for me is that Spurs have come higher than us in 3 out of the last six seasons I know they've won fuck all but that could be the norm for the next few seasons .

3 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

So not just 'Super Sunday' then. they'll bill it as 'Superdooper Super Sunday' :P

Probably waste of time Sunday lol. Did think we'd beat Liverpool but fuck up.. So far... Its right! Bet they're gutted that fixture wasn't this weekend 

6 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

because they are going to slaughter Brighton who will be so on the beach they might as well come out wearing flip flops and sunglasses

:D Laylabelle could be right, the Seaweed will beat the dippers, and we'll fuck up against the Geordies