• Alonso
    • Kante
    • Fabregas
    • Pedro
    • Willian
    • Morata
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Hazard (sub)

Something I realised more than ever tonight whilst screaming at the TV is why won't any player dare shoot from outside the box.

The days of Lamps, Ballack, Essien, Drogba peppering the opposition goal from all angles and distances is the furthest away it's ever been.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Magic Lamps said:

I think he was ok all over. a bit like carlo. Made the best out of what he got in the first year but failed to provide new incentives in the second. ofc carlo had a way better team and the league also was stronger.

Of course the results have not been so bad, but matches like today show what is wrong with him as a manager. He's more interested in proving a point rather than trying to win something

1 minute ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Something I realised more than ever tonight whilst screaming at the TV is why won't any player dare shoot from outside the box.

The days of Lamps, Ballack, Essien, Drogba peppering the opposition goal from all angles and distances is the furthest away it's ever been.

Bakayoko is the only one who tries it, doesn't even lift the ball of the ground.

Guys you can blame the board all you want but conte is the reason we are ain't getting top4...a manager that will rather play 3 central defenders against a team you know will sit back and defend for their life.. 

Just now, eemanyooel said:

Guys you can blame the board all you want but conte is the reason we are ain't getting top4...a manager that will rather play 3 central defenders against a team you know will sit back and defend for their life.. 

Well...they did score against us today.

7 minutes ago, cfcs most wanted said:

Oh how much you misunderstood me. Of course I'd like Chelsea to win the FA Cup, but I would be really annoyed when Conte would be sent packing and in all his future conferences he would be like, I won 2 trophies in 2 seasons. Which would just hide the fact how fucking atrocious he was as a manager

OK I see. I don't think Conte is that petty, but we'll see. More worrying to me, is how there's a pattern of our managers apparently falling out with the Board, then hanging on in there so as not to lose out on contract payments

2 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

because we are shit at striking from distance. Fabregas, hazard did try but failed miserably.

But yeah. a team with ballack, essien, lamps, drogba would have wiped the floor with this huddersfield lot. also how bad are our set pieces. got 5,6 tall guys on the field, all of them way taller than their defenders and not winning a single header in the box.

2 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

We had success last time in the Europa league. I expect Moses and Hazard to step up again like they did last time. Need a Ramires-like player though.

yeah haha i remember. Moses and hazard turned in motm performances against the mighty basels and sparta prags of this world haha. But we got exactly the type and quality of players we need to win the EL^^

I don't remember who it was, but some member on this forum said we should make sure to get 3rd spot in our cl group. el were our best chance to make cl qualification. boy was he right.

We need a midfielder who can unlock teams like Cesc but who is also athletic and can move teams around. We need a Pedro/Willian upgrade. Those two things alone and I think we compete at the top next season.

Assuming we keep Hazard, that is.

1 minute ago, eemanyooel said:

That exposes  the insanity of the back 5 systems against piss poor opponents 

5 at the back is useless when the center is not protected. we conceded so many goals right through the middle this season. Utd, city, pool away, barcelona... the list goes on.

2 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

5 at the back is useless when the center is not protected. we conceded so many goals right through the middle this season. Utd, city, pool away, barcelona... the list goes on.

Then I can't comprehend the persistence of the said flawed formation....anyway conte please go and let sarri comes in... 

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

We need a midfielder who can unlock teams like Cesc but who is also athletic and can move teams around. We need a Pedro/Willian upgrade. Those two things alone and I think we compete at the top next season.

Assuming we keep Hazard, that is.

That's exactly what we need Pizy. A Modric! 

Promote CHO and bring in another two wingers who are intelligent and direct.

50 minutes ago, cfcs most wanted said:

I rather not see that happening, seeing Conte celebrate a cup win after this disaster would really piss me off

That is just stupidity at it's finest.

32 minutes ago, cfcs most wanted said:

Oh how much you misunderstood me. Of course I'd like Chelsea to win the FA Cup, but I would be really annoyed when Conte would be sent packing and in all his future conferences he would be like, I won 2 trophies in 2 seasons. Which would just hide the fact how fucking atrocious he was as a manager

Why would you care about his future conferences if he's not the Chelsea manager and I'm fighting tooth and nail to get a ticket next week mate and the only thing that's annoying me is pricks like you. If we win next week he'll have won two major trophies in two years something the likes of Poch hasn't managed so not that fucking atrocious hey mate.