• Bakayoko
    • Fabregas
    • Hazard
    • Giroud
    • Willian (sub)
    • Zappacosta (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)

On 5/3/2018 at 0:08 PM, milan.cech said:

This game reminds me, kind of, of our game against Man United back in 2008. We were three points behind them in the title race but had worse goal difference. We beat them but still needed them to slip. In the end it was us who slipped on the final day lol.

Just beat the Champions League finalist and let's see.

The real slip wasn't the last day, it was dropping home points by conceding a last minute equalizer to Wigan four weeks earlier. Had we beaten Wigan we'd have gone into the last game knowing the title was in our own hands. If that was the case I'm absolutely convinced that we'd have smashed Bolton on the last day.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, OhForAGreavsie said:

The real slip wasn't the last day, it was dropping home points by conceding a last minute equalizer to Wigan four weeks earlier. Had we beaten Wigan we'd have gone into the last game knowing the title was in our own hands. If that was the case I'm absolutely convinced that we'd have smashed Bolton on the last day.

For Wigan, read West Ham. :rant:

Just now, BlueLyon said:

IMO, we should go back to 4:3:3, Azpi right and Emerson left.

I like that idea. But we need two more midfielder, one as holder and the other to replace fab. If we really want to develop youth then rlc and Barkley can play Fabregas role. Kante can play the box to box role, Conte like to play him as holder. I am not so sure why. Yes his on the ball skill has improved significantly but most of the time holder will be the one player that has the most amount of space and he need to be aggressive with his passing. Kante passing is too conservative for my liking. 

6 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

IMO, we should go back to 4:3:3, Azpi right and Emerson left.

Its that middle 3 i think we should sort out first.

But it SEEMS from what Ive read that the managers we are being linked to all play a back 4. So its another change of styles for the lads to use again.

Every manager brings their style/formation. Its time WE get a Chelsea style and hire a manager that will suit it.

Thought Alonso and Rudi were very solid today, Salah never really got to influence attacking situations for them until later when he started showing up more and more centrally. Giroud again showing what he can bring to the team too and not only that his attitude is top class, was dropping in to congest central areas when they had the ball in second half, held it up well when we went to go direct, honestly he’s made more of an impact than I assumed he would. Hazard had the bit between his teeth and was very good. Kante is Kante and his passing is becoming more and more progressive each week.

CL hopes back on? Pressure is on for Spuds and Liverpool. 

2 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Its that middle 3 i think we should sort out first.

But it SEEMS from what Ive read that the managers we are being linked to all play a back 4. So its another change of styles for the lads to use again.

Every manager brings their style/formation. Its time WE get a Chelsea style and hire a manager that will suit it.

There is no such thing as "club" style. It is usually players and managers that will dictate the style of play. Even Barcelona with their tiki taka does not play that way at all this season. 

Two nil down to Southampton the season is done we all except it but typical fucking Chelsea we then get our act together and go on a unbeaten run. They say when it comes to football it's the hope that kills you well Chelsea are living proof of that always have been always will be.

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

Thought Alonso and Rudi were very solid today, Salah never really got to influence attacking situations for them until later when he started showing up more and more centrally. Giroud again showing what he can bring to the team too and not only that his attitude is top class, was dropping in to congest central areas when they had the ball in second half, held it up well when we went to go direct, honestly he’s made more of an impact than I assumed he would. Hazard had the bit between his teeth and was very good. Kante is Kante and his passing is becoming more and more progressive each week.

That pass from Baks to Moses was spot on. Bestr ive seen him ply to be fair

4 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Ain't it time for a name change mate can't say I would have been pleased if he scored a last minute goal and then came on to TC and there's someone called One Mo Salah.

2 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Rudiger has been an underappreciated signing IMO. Has done a quiet, impressive job all season and today's performance was the best of the lot. Didn't give Salah an inch and looked adept in dealing with his pace as well. Backed up his words in that BBC interview. :lol: Disagreed on Giroud though. Took his goal well but didn't hold up the play as well as he should and made some poor decisions with his passing, like that one counter attack involving him and Hazard late in the second half. Hazard was great, Liverpool couldn't deal with him. THAT moment when he left 2-3 players bamboozled in the box was fun! Kante was good, as always. We still gotta do our job obviously (a lot of fans, not here, seem to think Huddersfield and Newcastle are foregone conclusions) but I highly doubt Spurs and Liverpool will drop points in their final games. If anything, I suppose our pressure (we've become the thing we mock Spurs for, FFS!) might make them nervous and screw up more than hoping for Newcastle/Leicester/Brighton to turn up and do something.

Just now, Iggy Doonican said:

Ain't it time for a name change mate can't say I would have been pleased if he scored a list minute goal and then came on to TC and there's someone called One Mo Salah.

😂 yeah defo worth looking into it pal.

3 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

That pass from Baks to Moses was spot on. Bestr ive seen him ply to be fair

It was a good pass but how can he pass like that but not play some simple ones or kick a football with his instep instead of trying to look like some flash bastard doing unnecessary outside of the foot passes which go to the opposite team time and time again? And again the two half chances he had with Giroud and Hazard for a 40m player to not be able to communicate not once but twice? It’s shocking. One proper game this season he’s looked a reasonable standard of footballer, maybe 2 if Spurs counts from start of season. He’s decent at shielding the ball sometimes but when it comes to using it? 

Just now, OneMoSalah said:

😂 yeah defo worth looking into it pal.

It was a good pass but how can he pass like that but not play some simple ones or kick a football with his instep instead of trying to look like some flash bastard doing unnecessary outside of the foot passes which go to the opposite team time and time again? And again the two half chances he had with Giroud and Hazard for a 40m player to not be able to communicate not once but twice? It’s shocking. One proper game this season he’s looked a reasonable standard of footballer, maybe 2 if Spurs counts from start of season. He’s decent at shielding the ball sometimes but when it comes to using it? 

Infuriatimg innit!

Imo if you say that Hazard had terrible season then you are crazy. He is by far our best player, our offense run through Hazard like almost 100% of the time. Without him, we simply have no offensive outlet. If you expect him to be great every game then you are asking too much from one player.  Yes, I saw Messi successfully do that but we are talking about Messi here plus he has better teammates

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

Rudiger has been an underappreciated signing IMO. Has done a quiet, impressive job all season and today's performance was the best of the lot. Didn't give Salah an inch and looked adept in dealing with his pace as well. Backed up his words in that BBC interview. :lol: Disagreed on Giroud though. Took his goal well but didn't hold up the play as well as he should and made some poor decisions with his passing, like that one counter attack involving him and Hazard late in the second half. Hazard was great, Liverpool couldn't deal with him. THAT moment when he left 2-3 players bamboozled in the box was fun! Kante was good, as always. We still gotta do our job obviously (a lot of fans, not here, seem to think Huddersfield and Newcastle are foregone conclusions) but I highly doubt Spurs and Liverpool will drop points in their final games. If anything, I suppose our pressure (we've become the thing we mock Spurs for, FFS!) might make them nervous and screw up more than hoping for Newcastle/Leicester/Brighton to turn up and do something.

Don't you wish instead of Giroud, we had a targetman who is actually quite fast and can pass especially close to the end of today's game? 

That is why I still have hope for Morata, if he can get stronger and stop falling we will have a complete no 9 in our squad. 

1 minute ago, communicate said:

Don't you wish instead of Giroud, we had a targetman who is actually quite fast and can pass especially close to the end of today's game? 

Not today. :lol: Given we were sitting deep and content to defend the lead, needed Giroud to be strong in his hold up play to relieve the pressure but he didn't really succeed at that. Did feel we needed someone quick at Swansea though.

2 minutes ago, communicate said:

That is why I still have hope for Morata, if he can get stronger and stop falling we will have a complete no 9 in our squad.

To be fair, he has stopped falling often in the last few matches. He definitely has things that need to be worked on but I don't think he's been helped by the fact that Conte deploys him as a target man. I mean, he can hold up the play decently and link with others but that's not his strengths. That's why Giroud has looked at home in the XI because what Conte wants from the striker suits him more than Morata.

33 minutes ago, Jason said:

We still gotta do our job obviously (a lot of fans, not here, seem to think Huddersfield and Newcastle are foregone conclusions) but I highly doubt Spurs and Liverpool will drop points in their final games. If anything, I suppose our pressure (we've become the thing we mock Spurs for, FFS!) might make them nervous and screw up more than hoping for Newcastle/Leicester/Brighton to turn up and do something.

The difference appears to be when Spurs put their little pressure on, teams never look like caving in and give them a sniff.

Spurs and Liverpool don't seem to have dealt with it well so far and given us a chance to take this to the final day and you never know what might happen on that final game.

1 minute ago, Superblue_1986 said:

The difference appears to be when Spurs put their little pressure on, teams never look like caving in and give them a sniff.

Spurs and Liverpool don't seem to have dealt with it well so far and given us a chance to take this to the final day and you never know what might happen on that final game.

Here's hoping but at the same time, it's the hope that kills. :lol: So, let's see.