Anthony Martial

Unionjack

9 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

I didn't really think he would experience the 3rd season syndrom at United but he is seriously on the best way to ruin it again.

Surely his top level career will be over if it happens again? I think United will fall to 5th/6th but i can't see them diving like we did, it would be hilarious though.

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Surely his top level career will be over if it happens again? I think United will fall to 5th/6th but i can't see them diving like we did, it would be hilarious though.

Anything that is outside of Top 4 would be fantastic, considering their squad and all the money spent. And I really think only top national teams would be all over him. On the club level, a return to Italy would be the most likely option.

1 hour ago, Vybzkartel said:

Unpopular opinion. His nothing special' would rather have Dembele' Fekir or Thauvin

Obviously I would rather have Dembele, but he runs like £50m than Martial (actually more but Barca will sell at a loss) plus Martial is a LW, Dembele RW

Fekir is more of an an AMF so not a fair comparison

Thauvin was a flop at Newcastle, so no thanks atm, let me see another season like he just had

Fekir also looks totally off the market this year

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/media-watch/308512-liverpool-fc-transfers-nabil-fekir

I see Martial called a winger when people are trying to fit him in to their possible line-ups.  If we got him, I'm positive he would be a CF.  If I'm not mistaken, he was a CF before going to Utd.  Then was played out on the wing (forget why).  And he's kind of stayed there (Anelka'ed).  I see him as an Henry (obviously not anywhere near that level) in the sense that you CAN play him out on the wing, but really, he's a CF.

7 hours ago, Vesper said:

Obviously I would rather have Dembele, but he runs like £50m than Martial (actually more but Barca will sell at a loss) plus Martial is a LW, Dembele RW

Fekir is more of an an AMF so not a fair comparison

Thauvin was a flop at Newcastle, so no thanks atm, let me see another season like he just had

Fekir also looks totally off the market this year

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/media-watch/308512-liverpool-fc-transfers-nabil-fekir

I dont see it myself/ I think Fekir is a AMC but he can play anywhere up front. Id love to see him here whatever

59 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I see Martial called a winger when people are trying to fit him in to their possible line-ups.  If we got him, I'm positive he would be a CF.  If I'm not mistaken, he was a CF before going to Utd.  Then was played out on the wing (forget why).  And he's kind of stayed there (Anelka'ed).  I see him as an Henry (obviously not anywhere near that level) in the sense that you CAN play him out on the wing, but really, he's a CF.

I know what you mean but I was doing a post chat with someone here the other day about I like us going more for players that have been trained and played in one position more than a player that is used like a Swiss Army knife if you get me, A tool that can do many jobs but not one that is specialized to do one job.

Ive been thinking since that chat and I realized I may have been too strong in my opinion.

Theres many of the very good younger players that can play and adapt to different positions. OK they may be better in one but thats because they play that one the most.

Ive been thinking about our top 3 positions and personally I think it would be of our benefit if we had a change now while we are in this state of transition. Would be like putting together a strong young technical team that can only get better, gel together and play together for quite awhile.

OK it s always hard losing a top player but we always recover

Theres several shit got lads out there and we dont know whats possible until we try to buy them

Perisic, Mane, Martial, Bailey, Asensio, Isco, Dembele, Fekier, Higuain, Icardi, Dybala

These are all players either play in one position or excellent in a few.

Tell me any 3 of those wouldn't FTW up with us.

3 hours ago, Strike said:

Hoping that the club rejected Barcelona's bid for Willian because they are setting up the exchange with United for Martial

Not gonna happen. Not even Mourinho is stupid enough for o exchange a 22 yo with ober the hill Willian

22 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Not gonna happen. Not even Mourinho is stupid enough for o exchange a 22 yo with ober the hill Willian

I think it's going to happen. He wants Willian and he doesn't want to have Martial in his squad any longer. In his twisted little head it makes perfect sense

11 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

I think it's going to happen. He wants Willian and he doesn't want to have Martial in his squad any longer. In his twisted little head it makes perfect sense

I love your optimism but its not gonna happen... hope I am wrong though...

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

Like when he replaced Lukaku with a washed up Eto'o or Salah with Cuadrado? :D

1 minute ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

@Miki-Liki I'm not sure if you know but that avatar you have carries racist connotation.

Could you elaborate, or post a link that does? We others want to know why, too. :D 

5 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

@Miki-Liki I'm not sure if you know but that avatar you have carries racist connotation.

Oh my god! please let's not start. Private message the guy or whatever if you think a picture of a frog is racist. Keep it away from on here ffs

3 minutes ago, El P. said:

Could you elaborate, or post a link that does? We others want to know why, too. :D 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-intersect/wp/2017/05/08/pepe-the-frog-became-a-hate-symbol-now-hes-just-a-dead-hate-symbol/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.8e0b86fae3fa

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You